The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

You copywriters are being replaced by AI..

minivanman

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
265%
Mar 16, 2017
DFW
I think here is what we need to worry about.... I can't wait until a robot replaces the people in the back of Burger King. Ordered a chicken sandwich and recived a cheeseburger EXACTLY as I ordered the chicken sandwich.

Maybe MJ should get to work on a forum just for Al. That way it will have something to do on the internet that isn't work..... it can talk to itself and give itself all the answers.... :six::nine:

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
D

Deleted50669

The only way to win in the AI war is to own a piece of the AI pie. Otherwise, prepare to play second fiddle to your algorithmic peers, because they are superior to all of us in terms of potential. Do not underestimate the ability of a neural net to mimic human empathy.

NursingTn

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
212%
Jan 30, 2019
Let AI take the jobs.

I, on the other hand, will use AI to make the world a better place.

Once the world is perfect, then my job as an entrepreneur is done.

million$$$smile

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
703%
Dec 25, 2012
Midwest
If you really understand the enormous power of the human mind, you'd understand that we aren't even remotely close to replicating it.
I don't believe any of us understand the enormous power (or potential) of the human mind.
But what we DO know, could eventually be replicated.

Putting a limit on what AI can do is putting a limit on what the human mind can imagine for implementing into AI

We don't know what we don't know. Heck, we sometimes don't know what we do know.

Many even 40 years ago, wouldn't have believed we would be walking around with handheld communications /computer devices today...

Nor cloning, etc

We cannot limit what the human mind can replicate in a machine.

In 2004 Bill Gates said we would eliminate spam in two years

spreng

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
138%
Jul 1, 2019
I personally would love to get involved in an AI startup, might actually start looking for part time work with one. If this isn't the next technological revolution then I don't know what is.

csalvato

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
May 5, 2014
Rocky Mountain West
This brought to my mind public speaking. I cannot see AI ever being able to read an audience, or stir the emotions, prompting people to act now! The human connection is essential in that case.

Am I barking up the wrong tree? Is AI never going to replace conversation?

Walter

This is the sort of contingencies people should be considering: things that are innately human that only humans can do (or that humans can do as good or better than computers).

Eventually, AI will be able to give a more moving speech than even the best orators today, but that's further down the road.

But things like massages (person to person contact) are very hard to do without a human behind them. There's an element of human connection that computers can't solve. Personally, I think this means things like prostitution will have a solid place in our economy as AI continues to advance.

Also, watching humans compete is more fun than computers, because of their innately human flaws and imperfections. I believe competitors in all sorts of competitions will continue to be fun to watch and thus add values to the lives of others.

Aix-Geneve

New Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
54%
Aug 4, 2017
France
Recently there was a robot (called it Sophia) that was granted citizenship by the Saudi govt. Think about this. A robot with the same rights as a human. All these robots are connected. When 1 learns, they all learn.

biggeemac

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Jun 25, 2011
My brothers ex-wifes company just went public a couple of days ago. He and her split her stock when they divorced. I'm pretty jealous. Its called Health Catalyst if anyone is interested. They use AI to figure out cancer treatments.

1step

Gold Contributor
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
231%
Dec 4, 2012
Kentucky
Saying that the content human beings create is going to be replaced by AI is just stupid and incorrect.

AI is already replacing content being created by human beings so it is definitely not stupid or incorrect. It is happening everyday. If you want to argue how well they will be able to replace human beings than that's a different argument.

AI will no doubt be able to get better results than at least 50% of copywriters within the next handful of years. Copy is not that complicated, sure, creating great copy is more complicated but the vast majority of copywriters do NOT create great copy.

Most of the copywriters I have hired should expect to be replaced by AI within 5 years.

ChrisV

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
May 10, 2015
Islands of Calleja
Saying that the content human beings create is going to be replaced by AI is just stupid and incorrect.
Oh man are you guys in for a rude awakening

Johnny boy

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
620%
May 9, 2017
Washington State
Maybe I'll just have AI write my posts on here too. I'm sure the posts would captivate you guys and offer value the same way as if I wrote them myself.

Maybe I'll have AI write up anecdotes and stories for me as well.

Hey @MJ DeMarco , why write a book in the first place? You're just going to be replaced by an AI author that can come up with the principles and advice on growing a large and profitable business. No humans needed.

You can program AI to "write" a book. But it offers nothing new. There's nothing really created. The only "ideas" contained within it that make any true creative points have been created by a human and placed there. The rest is a formula being executed. The creative complexity that exists within what is made by people can only be cheaply imitated by a computer as a trick. An illusion.

How is this AI marketing going to be executed in the market realistically? You go to a website and tell it "I'm selling (insert product or service here)" and it spits out some nifty sentences that are written in "marketing language" about whichever industry you're in? Even when human beings write copy, it often comes off as "cheesy" and easily seen through. Could you imagine how bad that would be when written by AI without any context? What a joke. Imagine your favorite blogs and youtube channels being "created" with AI. Imagine how much that would captivate you.

Morons. Time will tell. Technology augments humanity. That's why we have spellchecker and text prediction software. It will always be about people. It will always be about us. It will always be created by us. It will always come from our own minds and hearts. We will use technology but it will always be us using it.

I could write 15 pages on why this idea is bullshit. It's just a headline to you and that's the depth that you think about it. "Yeah, AI and stuff. It's the future. Here's some sentences a computer made. It's the future...blah blah blah". Is your brain that simple?

1step

Gold Contributor
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
231%
Dec 4, 2012
Kentucky
Maybe I'll just have AI write my posts on here too. I'm sure the posts would captivate you guys and offer value the same way as if I wrote them myself.

Maybe I'll have AI write up anecdotes and stories for me as well.

Hey @MJ DeMarco , why write a book in the first place? You're just going to be replaced by an AI author that can come up with the principles and advice on growing a large and profitable business. No humans needed.

You can program AI to "write" a book. But it offers nothing new. There's nothing really created. The only "ideas" contained within it that make any true creative points have been created by a human and placed there. The rest is a formula being executed. The creative complexity that exists within what is made by people can only be cheaply imitated by a computer as a trick. An illusion.

How is this AI marketing going to be executed in the market realistically? You go to a website and tell it "I'm selling (insert product or service here)" and it spits out some nifty sentences that are written in "marketing language" about whichever industry you're in? Even when human beings write copy, it often comes off as "cheesy" and easily seen through. Could you imagine how bad that would be when written by AI without any context? What a joke. Imagine your favorite blogs and youtube channels being "created" with AI. Imagine how much that would captivate you.

Morons. Time will tell. Technology augments humanity. That's why we have spellchecker and text prediction software. It will always be about people. It will always be about us. It will always be created by us. It will always come from our own minds and hearts. We will use technology but it will always be us using it.

I could write 15 pages on why this idea is bullshit. It's just a headline to you and that's the depth that you think about it. "Yeah, AI and stuff. It's the future. Here's some sentences a computer made. It's the future...blah blah blah". Is your brain that simple?

One day (not too far in the future) you’ll look back at these posts and laugh

Devampre

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
119%
Jan 6, 2016
Canada
My one friend/mentor (who has been doing all sorts of computer science/programming for the past 20+ years) strongly believes that AI is not what people think it is. Going as far as to call it a myth.

He said this hype reminds him of what he observed during the whole Y2K scare. Apparently a lot of IT companies in the late 90's were upselling a service to protect computers for businesses before the year 2000. What was this service? A simple backup. But, it cost significantly more than just asking for a backup.

So is AI just a marketeering ploy? Or will it's applications actually be so advanced that us humans will become like mere house cats?

csalvato

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
May 5, 2014
Rocky Mountain West
My one friend/mentor (who has been doing all sorts of computer science/programming for the past 20+ years) strongly believes that AI is not what people think it is. Going as far as to call it a myth.

He said this hype reminds him of what he observed during the whole Y2K scare. Apparently a lot of IT companies in the late 90's were upselling a service to protect computers for businesses before the year 2000. What was this service? A simple backup. But, it cost significantly more than just asking for a backup.

So is AI just a marketeering ploy? Or will it's applications actually be so advanced that us humans will become like mere house cats?
Read Superintelligence by Nick Bostrom and come back.

Devampre

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
119%
Jan 6, 2016
Canada
Read Superintelligence by Nick Bostrom and come back.

Downloaded and will read.

I like hearing different takes on AI. Even though my friend/mentor is against it I still do enjoy hearing other opinions on it. From people like Ben Goertzel, Elon Musk, or even people on this forum that believe in it's future.

csalvato

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
May 5, 2014
Rocky Mountain West

ChrisV

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
May 10, 2015
Islands of Calleja

We're only in the first inning boys.

From Mars

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
110%
Jul 28, 2019
As copywriters know, good copy comes from the market. It's not about headlines.

If so, then how AI is going to take human dreams, desires, fears and channel it into a particular product or service? Psychology stays the same, right, but desires not.

G

Guest70495

I think the A.I. would do a poor job if we're talking advertorial style copy content.

Headlines, Short call to action texts, buttons, etc? They would absolutely crush humans.

I have been in marketing for a long time and I still rely on EMV scores to judge the quality of my headlines.

I shake just thinking about this A.I. product that has been fed millions upon millions of headline data and scores, there is a high change the headline it chooses is miles better than what I could come up with and a good headline goes a long way in making people read the content.

shubham525

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
77%
Jul 16, 2015
India
Well AI is replacing lawyers in reading contracts.

MakeItHappen

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Apr 12, 2012
What's funny is the contingency plan might be to do what we love. AI replaces the workforce, overhead drops, cost of living lowers, and we're freed up from working so hard to make ends meet.

This is speculation, but assuming things go that route, and I'm average Joe out of work (but not struggling for money) then I turn to hobbies, passions, exploration, creation to fill my time. I assume others would do the same. They wouldn't just sit around and wait to die (some might).

Coaching will be even more popular as this happens since we'll seek teachers and mentors to help us learn new skills that we didn't have time for before. We may turn to AI for some of this as well, but many people will still fear AI and will seek the human connection.

Creativity will probably be replicated at some point. The last safe haven seems like it could be individual creativity. Unless AI can somehow form my ideas and create them before I'm capable of doing so.

Beyond that, it will be beneficial to own AI brands, but who knows how long that can last once we start questioning ethics in regards to machines.
Great post.

As AI is advancing the value of "loving" what you do and passion is increasing imo.

Let's say you hate copywriting but decided to learn it anyways because you can make six figures in your underwear... you study it daily and become pretty good at it and start making some good money just to be replaced by AI...
On the other hand if you enjoy the craft of copywritng (it doesn't necessary have to be your "passion") and you get replaced by AI atleast you had a good time doing it...

This remembers me of a quote by Elon Musk. He said that there is always a chance of failure no matter how good you are so you should do something that you love. Even if you fail, atleast you enjoyed the ride.
Jeff Bezos also talked about the mental model of regret minimization, what business path would you regret the least if AI took over your market?

I think it's not a bad idea to include this into your decision making.

Joe Cassandra

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
509%
Jul 25, 2013
Woodstock, GA
That's why I'm starting to invest in real estate :)

On a serious note...

As a full-time copywriter...

I believe AI should be able to do a lot in the next 10 years. For writing slogans...it should be a breeze for AI.

For writing complex sales letters ---> upsells ---> bump offers...that will still require a human mind to orchestrate that.

That's why all copywriters need to look outside the box with their gig. You're not just a writer...you're orchestrating conversions, coming up with BIG ideas for acquiring customers, and understanding the stats and adapting new marketing tests off it.

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
For writing complex sales letters ---> upsells ---> bump offers...that will still require a human mind to orchestrate that.

That's why all copywriters need to look outside the box with their gig. You're not just a writer...you're orchestrating conversions, coming up with BIG ideas for acquiring customers, and understanding the stats and adapting new marketing tests off it.
Bingo!

And also I need lots of help with research for my own copywriting tasks.

I can troll forums and Amazon reviews for market voices, but of course, which voice is worth listening to?

Maybe AI can help me filter out the cream faster, catching on to which forum comment had popular trigger keywords or views or some other benchmark.

As for complexity...

Not just sales letters, but also EMAIL SEQUENCES.

Somehow I've never found a good course on that 'full-picture' kind of thing, except for Andre Chaperon.

I've tried dissecting AWAI and Agora emails to make sense of how they outline their sequences, but it seems YOLO at times.

Jlaugh

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
36%
Aug 1, 2018
I don't think AI can do a comprehensive job; sure, it can do a decent or even a good job, but the cognitive processes, let alone the un-measurable skills, of a top-notch copywriter cannot be mimicked. It also depends on the type of copy. To draw a parallel, Grammarly and other tools help writers who are quite bad; they don't really help advanced writers, other than helping them spot typos and punctuation errors, which are things all word processors do. However, when I feed my fiction to Grammarly or Pro Writing Aid, I get suggestions in the form of imperatives. As a native speaker, I know to ignore some of these suggestions. But an ESL learner might not. Even if AI does the job, the vetting process involves humans. Human languages are less black and white than programming languages, and this is important to remember in my opinion.

PizzaOnTheRoof

Moving Forward
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
220%
Jul 30, 2018
Texas
Just snagged WrittenByAHuman.com

See you guys in 20 years when it’s cool to be human again.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.