The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

www.crazylittlemonsters.com SEO/Scaling Help?

youngfranchi

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
137%
Jul 10, 2012
Florida
www.crazylittlemonsters.com is a company i started a couple months back. I also had an ebay account which is currently
down because of policy changes my employee over looked. In august 2012 we did a little over 18k in sales with similiar products. Crazylittlemonster sales = 0. I will admit i have been so busy with my other ventures i have had little time to learn SEO etc. Looking for any help i can get. I have a couple dropshippers we are working with. I have over 8000k in
product on hand so i can get very good prices on the products. Thanks in advance.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

mlangley

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
26%
Oct 27, 2011
New Hampshire
When you get the eBay account back you should be driving your eBay customers to the site every chance you can without violating any policies.

You might look into paid ads for long tailed keywords pertaining to products that you carry. I'm sure you have few products that are best-sellers, start with those. If your paid campaign works out, you can and should consider investing in professional SEO for those particular search phrases.

Poweroutput

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Sep 16, 2012
The first thing that I noticed is that your URL's are not very search engine friendly. For example, your "shop cases" section's URL is "http://www.crazylittlemonsters.com/searchresults.asp?Search=case" - An example of a clean URL would be something like this: "http://www.crazylittlemonsters.com/Iphone-Cases".

I also noticed that the inner titles are the exact same as your homepage.

I did some keyword research for you and there are definitely some keywords that you can rank for fairly easily, although this is a high competition niche.

I scaled up my first business almost entirely on SEO, feel free to shoot me a PM if you have any questions.

Best of luck - Cheers

sam22

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Feb 23, 2012
California
Hey you've got a great looking site!

I don't know much about SEO but here's another tactic you can try/use which I learned it from Gary Vaynerchuk's Inc. 500 keynote (Youtube link; be warned: he swears a lot).

Use the search bar on the top right corner of Twitter and search for keywords related to your field, e.g. "iPhone case," "iPad case," "want 'iPhone case,'" etc. You can use quotation marks to do boolean searches. Connect with people who mention those things. You don't have to sell to them right away.

I've been doing this at my internship and though I haven't had great success yet, I've been able to connect with a few people. And I'm going to keep at it because it's not something that'll generate results overnight. I know this is what Gary did to make his Winelibrary business go from $4 million in sales to $60 million in sales.

Maybe you can give this a shot. I know none of the company's competitors are doing this.

JaySoriano

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
32%
Aug 10, 2012
You're meta description is a little to long. OpenSiteExplorer only shows 1 link to your site, "mobile accessories" looks like a super tough keyword. You're competing with BestBuy, Samsung, Belkin, etc.

I don't quite get why "Office Furniture" is in your title tag, didn't see any office furniture on your site (just took a quick glance though, I could be wrong)..

dknise

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
133%
Aug 29, 2012
North Bend, WA
Lol imho nice plug for your site on here.:rolleyes: said very little about what you needed and a lot about us helping you sell. Are you looking for specific SEO help? If so, post your current knowledge base about it.

youngfranchi

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
137%
Jul 10, 2012
Florida
Thanks for all the help!:D We are using Elance to outsource on SEO. SEO is a weak point of mine so i really have no knowlege base lol. Elance will help me in the mean time to find someone where SEO is there strongest point.

Thanks SAM22 good info

youngfranchi

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
137%
Jul 10, 2012
Florida
Motivational update! After reaching around in the dark trying to figure out this SEO deal. We have made 3 Sales lol not alot i know but we are just starting out on our own platform. We are used to hundreds a day on big auction sites. After some reasearch i see we are ranked # 1 on google for some product specific keywords. Hopefully we can turn this site into a cashcow. That is the goal

JaySoriano

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
32%
Aug 10, 2012
Thanks for all the help!:D We are using Elance to outsource on SEO. SEO is a weak point of mine so i really have no knowlege base lol. Elance will help me in the mean time to find someone where SEO is there strongest point.

Thanks SAM22 good info

Yikes. A client I'm working with spent $1500 a month on outsourced SEO, he had know clue what they were doing. Well he took a huge hit when Google Penguin came along, and I spent the last few months working on recovery (successful) for a quarter of the price.

I don't know if you're currently on a retainer, but remember that linkbuilding is core to SEO and you only have a single backlink when your aforementioned competitors have hundreds of thousands behind a recognizable brand.

And what keywords did you say you ranked #1 for? Because I ran a premium report that showed zero organic results...

youngfranchi

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
137%
Jul 10, 2012
Florida
Hello Jay my friend thanks for your reply. "otterbox iphone 5 punk lime green" is bringing us decent traffic and we are converting:)
We outsourced to india for like $210 a month a hired another company lorenzmarketing group who are doing a linkbuilding campaign. We recently let go the indian firm. They kept coming back with inrelevant keywords like. "otterbox iphone 4 pink" "otterbox iphone 4 white"
"iphone 4 blue cases" we dont even carry those colors! we want conversions not fly through traffic. We are planning to add additional niches to our site to expand on revnue. Since i currently run a succesful ebay/ amazon storefront i may sell this store. As it is too much with me running my other stores. This has brand potential simmiliar to zappos. We want to features like "monster deal" etc etc.

Jay what can you offer on SEO?

JasonR

Maverick
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
544%
May 29, 2012
Las Vegas
What do you currently sell on eBay/Amazon?

Some quick notes from me as I was quickly exploring your site.

I think you need to build out your store/inventory, and also do a better job with the navigation. I have an iPhone 5, and I had to search around to find what I wanted. I had to click on the tiny "Apple" link under Store Categories, then click again to go to the iPhone 5 cases (and I don't like the otterbox, and that's all you carry for the iPhone 5).

So, I think you either need to rethink your navigation OR build your inventory. If you're only going to carry iphone cases, why have the root Category be "Apple"?

I'm not sure what software you're running for your cart, but it would be much more helpful if your main navigation was in the top green bar, or at LEAST more noticeable on the home page.

The on-page SEO needs some work as well. I would focus on that before putting too much emphasis on hiring an outside firm to market the site. Check out SEOMoz's Beginner's Guide to SEO.

Milkanic

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
185%
Apr 17, 2012
Madison, WI
spend a day learning SEO - it is not that hard and is really the core of your business. You can outsource the tasks, but you should understand best practices.

You URL structure sucks.

http://www.crazylittlemonsters.com/category_s/1834.htm

should be something like this:

http://www.crazylittlemonsters.com/apple/OtterBox_iPhone_4

from there, fill in the product details:

http://www.crazylittlemonsters.com/apple/OtterBox_iPhone_4/Defender_Envy_Green_Pink

As mentioned above, I should be able read the URL and delete parts of it to navigate (I.E. crazylittlemonsters.com/apple should take me to all apple products with links to OtterBox Iphone 4, etc).

Use Google Adwords tool to figure out the structure (I.E.: way more people search for Otter Box iPhone 4 than just Otterbox iphone).

Once you have the URL structure nailed, it's all about backlinks.

JasonR

Maverick
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
544%
May 29, 2012
Las Vegas
URL structure is only one part of on-page optimization. Title tags, H1 tags, on page content are all a large part of it as well.

Hint: Make sure you add keyword-optimized text content to your category pages. Right now there is nothing on the category pages other than products and links.

youngfranchi

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
137%
Jul 10, 2012
Florida
What do you currently sell on eBay/Amazon?

Some quick notes from me as I was quickly exploring your site.

I think you need to build out your store/inventory, and also do a better job with the navigation. I have an iPhone 5, and I had to search around to find what I wanted. I had to click on the tiny "Apple" link under Store Categories, then click again to go to the iPhone 5 cases (and I don't like the otterbox, and that's all you carry for the iPhone 5).

So, I think you either need to rethink your navigation OR build your inventory. If you're only going to carry iphone cases, why have the root Category be "Apple"?

I'm not sure what software you're running for your cart, but it would be much more helpful if your main navigation was in the top green bar, or at LEAST more noticeable on the home page.

The on-page SEO needs some work as well. I would focus on that before putting too much emphasis on hiring an outside firm to market the site. Check out SEOMoz's Beginner's Guide to SEO.

Thanks Jason, you have been very helpful my friend. Im still working on the navigation i have changed it around many of times. We also carry products for samsung,blackberry,ipad. we just have to get the products up! It takes some time because i code each product. Sorry we had nothing for your phone:( ebay/amazon we are strictly mobile accesories my friend.

Milkanic we have implemented what you recommended. Just hope i done that correctly my friend. The orders have been coming in :)

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.