The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Wrote my 1st book now I need the marketing and publishing ppl

Marketing, social media, advertising

rickmurray09

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
142%
Aug 2, 2020
United States
Well only took me 10 years to build a successful franchise that I recently sold. So wanted to write a book about the franchise model and biz that I enjoyed for a decade. To give the reader that may be interested in going the ranks of this franchise. The book gives the reader details on how to buy, run, and manage a tool truck.

Want to see if anyone has been down this path of publishing and marketing there own life/business inside a book. As you might see I am no expert and would love to hire out or least get inside perspective on the path I need to take.

Currently, I have an editor run threw my writings and getting some beta readers to review it.

TIA

humbly

Rick

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
Want to see if anyone has been down this path of publishing and marketing there own life/business inside a book. As you might see I am no expert and would love to hire out or least get inside perspective on the path I need to take.

The most important question: what's your budget? Self-publishing is a pay to play market. The more you can spend, the better your results will generally be.

Do you plan to launch your book soon or will you give yourself at least a few weeks to secure early reviews and formulate a launch plan?

I suggest finding at the very least 50 early reviewers, if not 100. This should help get at least 10-25 reviews when you publish the book which has a huge impact on your book sales.

Then aim to get at least 1000 sales. I love BookBub Ads. Other options include Amazon Advertising (very tricky to figure out), other book promo sites like BargainBooksy, and more "traditional" influencer outreach/interviews/sponsorships.

Feel free to ask any questions, I'm both a bestselling author and run a company offering publishing services.

Thanks for tagging me.

rickmurray09

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
142%
Aug 2, 2020
United States
The most important question: what's your budget? Self-publishing is a pay to play market. The more you can spend, the better your results will generally be.

Do you plan to launch your book soon or will you give yourself at least a few weeks to secure early reviews and formulate a launch plan?

I suggest finding at the very least 50 early reviewers, if not 100. This should help get at least 10-25 reviews when you publish the book which has a huge impact on your book sales.

Then aim to get at least 1000 sales. I love BookBub Ads. Other options include Amazon Advertising (very tricky to figure out), other book promo sites like BargainBooksy, and more "traditional" influencer outreach/interviews/sponsorships.

Feel free to ask any questions, I'm both a bestselling author and run a company offering publishing services.

Thanks for tagging me.
Thanks for replying and the great links to info. I have plenty of time to figure out the best strategy for releasing the book. As for the budget, I am willing to put in enough to make the ROI on the book. It is my 1st and only book. Took 10 years and a shit ton of blood sweat and buckets of tears. That does not guarantee anything in sales. I am providing some insight on what I spent the last decade of almost every day of my life.

That and 2 nickels get you 10 cents as in sales. I think people interested in knowing about and what it takes to make it in the tool truck industry, now does that warrant a 50k budget? very doubtful since it is in a niche but the niche is quite large because it entails all forms mechanic and repairmen that would be likely candidates to become a tool dealer. Everyone wants to become more then what they are, I am supplying them with the answers on the path I took as a tool dealer. Hope that makes sense on where I am at.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
As for the budget, I am willing to put in enough to make the ROI on the book.

Because the topic is super niche, I'm not sure you can make a positive ROI on the book, or at least not in the traditional meaning of this word. I wouldn't expect a substantial financial return from it but it can lead you to many new opportunities, including consulting, networking, expert status, back end sales, etc.

A book alone in such a niche topic isn't going to generate much income. I'm not saying that to discourage you but to set the right expectations.

Please take a look at my thread:

rickmurray09

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
142%
Aug 2, 2020
United States
Because the topic is super niche, I'm not sure you can make a positive ROI on the book, or at least not in the traditional meaning of this word. I wouldn't expect a substantial financial return from it but it can lead you to many new opportunities, including consulting, networking, expert status, back end sales, etc.

A book alone in such a niche topic isn't going to generate much income. I'm not saying that to discourage you but to set the right expectations.

Please take a look at my thread:
Could not agree more and my exception are just to give that niche a reference point to go off of. Plus Me a simple tool monkey wrote and book!! and I help maybe a couple ppl. Goal accomplished! But what is the right median to get the book out there? I will review the thread and appreciate the time and response.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.