The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

WordPress theme for local lead gen

Boricio

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
108%
Jun 5, 2016
Florida
Here is my situation and I'm hoping someone can help point me to some good options.

I am very familiar with WordPress and have been using it for over 5 years for different projects. There are many themes and plugins that I've used. I don't know HTML, CSS, or JavaScript in order to tailor WP into exactly what I need so I am still reliant on using themes made by others for my websites.

Now I have decided to focus on one business, local lead generation. I've been following Job Killing and noticed that they use a consistent layout for their sites. They use Weebly and I'm not totally opposed to this but I would prefer WordPress if I can find the right theme since I am much more familiar with it.

Here is an example of the sites they create http://www.spokanevalleylimos.com

The major points I want to use are:
1. The quote form on the right of the page
2. On the top left, the phone number which is clickable from mobile phones and will allow you to call the number without having to manually enter it on the keypad.

I would also be happy with a logo on the top left and the phone number to the right of it as long as the mobile phone use still worked.

My searches have turned up a few potential options:
http://rockstarleadtheme.com - looks good but may be outdated and I don't want to run into issues if it isn't being updated.

http://localthemejack.com/tj - probably my top choice now. Does anyone have any experience with this one?

If you know of any others that would be a good choice then please tell me. Thank you for reading.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Here is my situation and I'm hoping someone can help point me to some good options.

I am very familiar with WordPress and have been using it for over 5 years for different projects. There are many themes and plugins that I've used. I don't know HTML, CSS, or JavaScript in order to tailor WP into exactly what I need so I am still reliant on using themes made by others for my websites.

Now I have decided to focus on one business, local lead generation. I've been following Job Killing and noticed that they use a consistent layout for their sites. They use Weebly and I'm not totally opposed to this but I would prefer WordPress if I can find the right theme since I am much more familiar with it.

Here is an example of the sites they create http://www.spokanevalleylimos.com

The major points I want to use are:
1. The quote form on the right of the page
2. On the top left, the phone number which is clickable from mobile phones and will allow you to call the number without having to manually enter it on the keypad.

I would also be happy with a logo on the top left and the phone number to the right of it as long as the mobile phone use still worked.

My searches have turned up a few potential options:
http://rockstarleadtheme.com - looks good but may be outdated and I don't want to run into issues if it isn't being updated.

http://localthemejack.com/tj - probably my top choice now. Does anyone have any experience with this one?

If you know of any others that would be a good choice then please tell me. Thank you for reading.
I couldn't find any decent Wordpress ones, so have a dev guy build landing pages in Wordpress for me.

That limos one you linked to isn't great btw. Check it out on your mobile for yourself.

If you're interested in local lead gen then you might want to read the link in my signature.

Boricio

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
108%
Jun 5, 2016
Florida
Andy,

I'm considering hiring a dev if that's what it takes but I'll probably try one or two of the options I listed above first.

Also, I want to thank you for all the content you've put out here. I'm going to reread your lead gen posts. You YouTube videos are a major help too.

DaRK9

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
213%
May 23, 2014
Is there any reason to use Wordpress other than you have used it before and it's easy? If you don't need users to login, just use HTML templates or a drag n drop builder. You will expand your options and also speed up load time if using a cheaper host.

Boricio

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
108%
Jun 5, 2016
Florida
DaRK9, yes the main reason I am leaning toward WordPress is that I have a lot of experience with it. I'm not totally opposed to learning another way but if it would take weeks or months more to learn then I would prefer going the WordPress route.

I don't have any experience with the HTML templates or a drag n drop builder. If you think this is a good option would you mind linking to a good resource that you like?

Aaron W

^‿^
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
121%
Nov 25, 2015
Toronto
Themeforest > Enfold

My favorite so far and you can combine with different plugins to achieve a lot.

Boricio

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
108%
Jun 5, 2016
Florida
Themeforest has some good themes. They have over 24,000 it looks like. Do you happen to know of any that might be similar to what I'm looking for? I looked at a lot of theirs but haven't found a proper fit for this project.

Aaron W

^‿^
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
121%
Nov 25, 2015
Toronto
You will just need to look in to what theme can offer certain qualities and what will be inline with your overall project.

I would always email the theme makers letting them know about your ultimate goal and if it will work.

DaRK9

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
213%
May 23, 2014
DaRK9, yes the main reason I am leaning toward WordPress is that I have a lot of experience with it. I'm not totally opposed to learning another way but if it would take weeks or months more to learn then I would prefer going the WordPress route.

I don't have any experience with the HTML templates or a drag n drop builder. If you think this is a good option would you mind linking to a good resource that you like?
You just copy/paste the sections of HTML templates and fill in your info. No need to learn HTML. Some even have builders.

I've used these in the past.
http://themeforest.net/item/flatpack-landing-pages-pack-with-page-builder/10591107?s_rank=2
http://themeforest.net/item/startuply-responsive-multipurpose-landing-page/7953388?s_rank=3

limitless_c

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
248%
Apr 29, 2016
Chile
You can try the visual composer plugin, this is the easiest way to build nice pages and it works with almost any theme.

Greg R

Act, Assess, Adjust
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
465%
Oct 28, 2015
Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
I couldn't find any decent Wordpress ones, so have a dev guy build landing pages in Wordpress for me.

That limos one you linked to isn't great btw. Check it out on your mobile for yourself.

If you're interested in local lead gen then you might want to read the link in my signature.

I was looking for good lead gen website designs that I could base my next site on, but everything in wordpress seemed to be one dimensional.

In order for me to execute, I have to gather a lot more information than just contact info.

I will need the customer to answer 10-15 questions and be able to upload pictures.

Am I stuck with finding a designer to create a multi-level site?

I really like the way https://www.lendingtree.com/ has their lead gen set up.

I can't really find anything in wordpress to mock this.

Coding is not an option, and I am looking for a way to execute without having to spend a ton of dough on a developer.

Thank you for everything that you do.

Greg R

Act, Assess, Adjust
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
465%
Oct 28, 2015
Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
I was looking for good lead gen website designs that I could base my next site on, but everything in wordpress seemed to be one dimensional.

In order for me to execute, I have to gather a lot more information than just contact info.

I will need the customer to answer 10-15 questions and be able to upload pictures.

Am I stuck with finding a designer to create a multi-level site?

I really like the way https://www.lendingtree.com/ has their lead gen set up.

I can't really find anything in wordpress to mock this.

Coding is not an option, and I am looking for a way to execute without having to spend a ton of dough on a developer.

Thank you for everything that you do.

I did just realize that Ninja Forms plugin can really do anything that you need it to for gather info.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
I've used Gravity Forms. It has clever conditional logic (that I've never used tbh).

I focus on generating phone calls.

mtnman

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
28%
Oct 3, 2007
Limos? lol notsureifsrs.gif

Kinda treadin' on charted territory around here wouldn't you say? ;)

Those sites you linked to are horrid. Like god awful, and don't represent a legitimate business in any way shape or form. I'm not sure what "job killing" is, but it sounds like a wso from the cesspool of what used to be Whoreier Forum. But I digress.

If you're serious, what you really need help with is perfectionism. I've been where you are many years ago, fretting over every little detail of design, functionality, blah blah blah...

What you need to do is pick something, and get it up. Html, PHP, wordpress... doesn't matter. Your number one priority should be turning over conversions. You need customers in your pipeline as fast as possible. (meaning, leads, so you can approach business owners and establish relationships to sell to. without that you have no ability to create income)

Any theme will work if you want to use wordpress, just get it online today. Use callfire for your lines, and you'll need to get creative with a physical addy in 2016, but totally doable. Your main focus should be, "how am I going to get traffic, and who am I going to sell my leads to"?

Take it from someone who's wasted months and months of perfecting site designs, automated response contact forms, and on and on... You still have to deal with your two biggest pivot points: 1) getting leads, and 2) having someone to sell them to. You can have the best or worst lead gen sites in the world, but those hurdles will remain the same. The former can be rectified in less than a day, and you can split test site designs and lead forms anytime.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Limos? lol notsureifsrs.gif

Kinda treadin' on charted territory around here wouldn't you say? ;)

Those sites you linked to are horrid. Like god awful, and don't represent a legitimate business in any way shape or form. I'm not sure what "job killing" is, but it sounds like a wso from the cesspool of what used to be Whoreier Forum. But I digress.

If you're serious, what you really need help with is perfectionism. I've been where you are many years ago, fretting over every little detail of design, functionality, blah blah blah...

What you need to do is pick something, and get it up. Html, PHP, wordpress... doesn't matter. Your number one priority should be turning over conversions. You need customers in your pipeline as fast as possible. (meaning, leads, so you can approach business owners and establish relationships to sell to. without that you have no ability to create income)

Any theme will work if you want to use wordpress, just get it online today. Use callfire for your lines, and you'll need to get creative with a physical addy in 2016, but totally doable. Your main focus should be, "how am I going to get traffic, and who am I going to sell my leads to"?

Take it from someone who's wasted months and months of perfecting site designs, automated response contact forms, and on and on... You still have to deal with your two biggest pivot points: 1) getting leads, and 2) having someone to sell them to. You can have the best or worst lead gen sites in the world, but those hurdles will remain the same. The former can be rectified in less than a day, and you can split test site designs and lead forms anytime.
^^^ This! True words spoken by someone who's been there.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.