The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

Remove ads while supporting the Unscripted philosophy...become an INSIDER.

Jemmalee

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Jun 15, 2020
UK
I’ve downloaded FastLane on audible and have listened to 3 chapters.
I’m a little bit ‘mind blown’ at the moment.

So... not following passions. Something I thought I should be doing and why i was getting it wrong...

Talking business, solving a problem.
Creating a directory of “Find a ......” ??
There appears to be lots . I’ve been doing some research this morning.
I understand that some markets are quite saturated with this.
I’m building something on my own. I don’t have the funding to help with it.

google trends appears rubbish with info on search terms.
Can anyone offer guidance in this area?

What do people think about starting a ‘finding’ service in a saturated area?

I honestly don’t know any other ways I can produce a recurring income business model without trading my time (in the end) for money.

Apart from gaining affiliates through YouTube content.

I’m in a bit of limbo.
Thanks

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

RazorCut

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Millionaire Fastlane
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
May 3, 2014
England UK
Hi @Jemmalee,

Although I am all for taking action I'd say listen to the entire book. Let it sink in. Chat with friends, read forum threads and just immerse yourself for a couple of weeks before making any firm decision on what to start.

Then you will have more confidence in what you are going to put your time an energy into.

Jessica Reid

Contributor
Apr 9, 2020
New Jersey
I’ve downloaded FastLane on audible and have listened to 3 chapters.
I’m a little bit ‘mind blown’ at the moment.

So... not following passions. Something I thought I should be doing and why i was getting it wrong...

Talking business, solving a problem.
Creating a directory of “Find a ......” ??
There appears to be lots . I’ve been doing some research this morning.
I understand that some markets are quite saturated with this.
I’m building something on my own. I don’t have the funding to help with it.

google trends appears rubbish with info on search terms.
Can anyone offer guidance in this area?

What do people think about starting a ‘finding’ service in a saturated area?

I honestly don’t know any other ways I can produce a recurring income business model without trading my time (in the end) for money.

Apart from gaining affiliates through YouTube content.

I’m in a bit of limbo.
Thanks

I agree with @RazorCut. Read the entire book first. By the time you come to end of the book, you'll probably come up with 20 other new business ideas. After you taken in the information, reflect, and do more research. There are more opportunities out there than you think!

Lyinx

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Oct 28, 2019
Lancaster County, PA
I agree with @RazorCut. Read the entire book first. By the time you come to end of the book, you'll probably come up with 20 other new business ideas. After you taken in the information, reflect, and do more research. There are more opportunities out there than you think!
I agree 100% with this... by the time you get to the end of a book like this you get to the point where you see hundreds of biz ideas in a day if you expose yourself to the market (take a walk down a country road, you might think of a biz to reclycle soda cans... or how people might like to watch a vlog of the countryside (without seeing your face).... or an idea to pitch to your township on a service that you would provide them to replace the signs on the road posts...

MJ DeMarco

Administrator
Staff member
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Millionaire Fastlane
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Jul 23, 2007
Fountain Hills, AZ
If you look at opportunities through the prism of value skew, there's an endless array of ideas to pursue. This concept is discussed in Unscripted, back third of the book.

TMF is not about starting an internet service business. TMF is not about passive income from day one, much less from day 365.

Sounds like you are not interpreting the book correctly.

Jemmalee

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Jun 15, 2020
UK
Hi @Jemmalee,

Although I am all for taking action I'd say listen to the entire book. Let it sink in. Chat with friends, read forum threads and just immerse yourself for a couple of weeks before making any firm decision on what to start.

Then you will have more confidence in what you are going to put your time an energy into.

great advice, thank you

Jemmalee

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Jun 15, 2020
UK

yes, I guess I'm a bit floored at the minute and being so annoyed with the online industry doesn't help after so many bad experiences

Jemmalee

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Jun 15, 2020
UK
If you look at opportunities through the prism of value skew, there's an endless array of ideas to pursue. This concept is discussed in Unscripted, back third of the book.

TMF is not about starting an internet service business. TMF is not about passive income from day one, much less from day 365.

Sounds like you are not interpreting the book correctly.

Yes, I'm only on chapter 3 so as mentioned, I'm maybe too early in.
My ADHD brain takes me on journeys unimaginable so maybe yes, I will continue my research

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

Sponsored Offers

MARKETPLACE Fox Web School "Legend" Group Coaching Program 2020
My friend was just looking for this information. Thanks
MARKETPLACE Lex DeVille's - Advanced Freelance Udemy Courses!
If you read the last message then you know I'm removing my courses from Udemy next month. You...
MARKETPLACE You Are One Call Away From Living Your Dream Life - LightHouse’s Accountability Program ⚡
This program helped me to triple my revenue over 7 months while also moving to a new city in the...
MARKETPLACE Grow Your Business With a Book (An Unorthodox Marketing Strategy That Built One of the Largest...
PS. what do you think about the idea of setting up live Busking experiences on Air BNB? I could...
FEATURED! Introducing... WEALTH EXPO$ED, A Short Story By MJ DeMarco
Hi Mj, I just bought it. And reading it. I think is a great idea to write using the stories to...
MARKETPLACE Kill Bigger Incubator
@Kak Thanks for the reply. Whats interesting is that I have an idea that's been cooking which...

Forum Sponsor

sponsor

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Top Bottom