The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Why you need to take your unconscious influences seriously

Anything related to matters of the mind

ChrisV

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
May 10, 2015
Islands of Calleja

ChrisV

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
May 10, 2015
Islands of Calleja
This was the bases of a pretty cool scene from 2015's Focus (I have a total crush on Margot Robbie)

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4M96Wbm0gbk

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SLyQB1dieAQ

But the main I'm trying to make is that everything influences us. The people we surround ourselves with, the movies we watch, the art we look at. We're taking this all in, good or bad. We're literally programmed by our environment, but if you take control of your influences you program yourself.

Vitaly the Winne

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
156%
Jun 4, 2019
California
But the main I'm trying to make is that everything influences us. The people we surround ourselves with, the movies we watch, the art we look at. We're taking this all in, good or bad. We're literally programmed by our environment, but if you take control of your influences you program yourself.
I was just about to make a similar thread before stumbling onto yours, bravo!

On the same topic, if everything we consciously or subconsciously consume influences us, what are some of the best tools and content to reverse engineer this process?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

guy93777

Bronze Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
Jun 5, 2019
95 % of people will never be aware that society is just a joke managed by masterminds

and i can't explain because of people's current understanding of life ( they will fight to protect thei point of view )

as well said here :

the guys at the top think that society is this :

they laugh everyday while watching the circus from their desk

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0jTHNBKjMBU&feature=youtu.be&t=1

they work with advanced material to manage the masses ( opinion, way of living etc . )

you have absolutely no idea. this is beyond the average guy 's understanding of life

ChrisV

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
May 10, 2015
Islands of Calleja

On the same topic, if everything we consciously or subconsciously consume influences us, what are some of the best tools and content to reverse engineer this process?
That's a good question. I love Steve Jobs on this topic.

Ultimately-it-comes-down.jpg

Original clip: Steve Jobs: Good artists copy great artists steal

Also from his Academy of Achievement speech:

But the key thing is that if you’re gonna make connections which are innovative, to connect two experiences together, that you have to not have the same bag of experiences as everyone else does, or else you’re going to make the same connections, and then you won’t be innovative, and then nobody will give you an award.

I heard about some kid that’s 14 on his way to Stanford, and that’s great. That’s sort of out of the ordinary, but you might want to think about going to Paris and being a poet for a few years. Or might wanna go to a third-world country. I’d highly advise that, and see people and leppers with their hands falling off and all that stuff. It’s very much so worth doing. You know, fall in love with two people at once.

[…] they had a variety of experiences which they could draw upon in order to try to solve a problem or attack a particular dilemma in a kind of unique way. And so one of the things that you’ll get a lot of pressure to do is to go in one very clear direction

Link: Steve Jobs - Speech to the Academy of Achievement June 1982

So for me, it's about choosing your influences wisely. Seek out the greatest pieces of art (or whatever your field is) humans have ever done. If you're an architect, study the greatest pieces of architecture in history. Because it's all being absorbed unconsciously. Don't watch crappy movies. Check metacritic first lol.Only hang out with people who's qualities you wouldn't mind absorbing.

stephness

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Jun 24, 2019
95 % of people will never be aware that society is just a joke managed by masterminds

and i can't explain because of people's current understanding of life ( they will fight to protect thei point of view )

as well said here :

View attachment 25275

the guys at the top think that society is this :

they laugh everyday while watching the circus from their desk

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0jTHNBKjMBU&feature=youtu.be&t=1

they work with advanced material to manage the masses ( opinion, way of living etc . )

you have absolutely no idea. this is beyond the average guy 's understanding of life

View attachment 25276

SO TRUE THANK YOU FOR SHARING YOUR THOUGHTS!!

guy93777

Bronze Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
Jun 5, 2019
SO TRUE THANK YOU FOR SHARING YOUR THOUGHTS!!

i don't think you really understood what i said. nobody understood and the odds are you didn't either.

otherwise, you wouldn't probably come on this forum since materials things are not the goal on earth.

you would probably stay away from the civilization "cultural norms" and work on the real meaning of life : evolution of awareness

so why am i here anyway ?

i am here because statisticaly 5% of the population can be awakened and people here are smart unlike the stupid controled masses

i am just doing my job as a truth seeker, trying to reach smart people where they are whether it be here or on other forums. nothing more.

Vitaly the Winne

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
156%
Jun 4, 2019
California
That's a good question. I love Steve Jobs on this topic.

View attachment 25286

Original clip: Steve Jobs: Good artists copy great artists steal

Also from his Academy of Achievement speech:

But the key thing is that if you’re gonna make connections which are innovative, to connect two experiences together, that you have to not have the same bag of experiences as everyone else does, or else you’re going to make the same connections, and then you won’t be innovative, and then nobody will give you an award.

I heard about some kid that’s 14 on his way to Stanford, and that’s great. That’s sort of out of the ordinary, but you might want to think about going to Paris and being a poet for a few years. Or might wanna go to a third-world country. I’d highly advise that, and see people and leppers with their hands falling off and all that stuff. It’s very much so worth doing. You know, fall in love with two people at once.

[…] they had a variety of experiences which they could draw upon in order to try to solve a problem or attack a particular dilemma in a kind of unique way. And so one of the things that you’ll get a lot of pressure to do is to go in one very clear direction

Link: Steve Jobs - Speech to the Academy of Achievement June 1982

So for me, it's about choosing your influences wisely. Seek out the greatest pieces of art (or whatever your field is) humans have ever done. If you're an architect, study the greatest pieces of architecture in history. Because it's all being absorbed unconsciously. Don't watch crappy movies. Check metacritic first lol.Only hang out with people who's qualities you wouldn't mind absorbing.
I like the part where Steve Jobs talks about making connections, it really resonated with me and makes sense on a deep level.

If we look at both successful and unsuccessful people, we realize that each category follows patterns and routines. The successful are taking charge and shaping theirs to get desired results, and the unsuccessful appear to be unaware and a slave to theirs, being shaped by societal influences and instead of taking control, drifting. This reminds me of a great book called Outwitting The Devil by Napoleon Hill.

ChrisV

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
May 10, 2015
Islands of Calleja
Yes, creativity is simply combining things in new ways. And your experiences serve as the 'lego pieces' from which you can work.

ChrisV

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
May 10, 2015
Islands of Calleja
Last edited:

guy93777

Bronze Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
Jun 5, 2019
Yes, creativity is simply combining things in new ways. And your experiences serve as the 'lego pieces' from which you can work.

talking about creativity. mastermidns are geniuses

the population is currently being checkmated in a beautiful way

As a strategist, i appreciate the chekmate.

masterminds are using people's biases against them. their own stupidity against them

this is beautiful

1561499961718.png

people can't escape the chekmate because their own mind is working against them ( the black pieces on the board )

the material masterminds are using is :

1) people's stupidity ( cognitibe bias codex )

2) the 36 stratagems :

Kill with a borrowed knife[edit]

• (借刀殺人/借刀杀人, Jiè dāo shā rén)
  • Attack using the strength of another (in a situation where using one's own strength is not favourable). Trick an ally into attacking him, bribe an official to turn traitor, or use the enemy's own strength against him. The idea here is to cause damage to the enemy by getting a third party to do the deed.

here the borrowed knife is people's stupidity

people's stupidity is the knife used by masterminds against the population

people are punishing themselves with their own energy

---> masterminds are genius. you have no idea

from my point of view, they deserve to win because i hate stupidity

---> we warn people about masterminds and they don't care so people deserve to be punished

Bertram

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
147%
Oct 25, 2015
Virginia

talking about creativity. mastermidns are geniuses

the population is currently being checkmated in a beautiful way

As a strategist, i appreciate the chekmate.

masterminds are using people's biases against them. their own stupidity against them

this is beautiful

View attachment 25347

people can't escape the chekmate because their own mind is working against them ( the black pieces on the board )

the material masterminds are using is :

1) people's stupidity ( cognitibe bias codex )

2) the 36 stratagems :

Kill with a borrowed knife[edit]

• (借刀殺人/借刀杀人, Jiè dāo shā rén)
  • Attack using the strength of another (in a situation where using one's own strength is not favourable). Trick an ally into attacking him, bribe an official to turn traitor, or use the enemy's own strength against him. The idea here is to cause damage to the enemy by getting a third party to do the deed.

here the borrowed knife is people's stupidity

people's stupidity is the knife used by masterminds against the population

people are punishing themselves with their own energy

---> masterminds are genius. you have no idea

from my point of view, they deserve to win because i hate stupidity

---> we warn people about masterminds and they don't care so people deserve to be punished

View attachment 25349
I think that a "revealed checkmate" is a good metaphor for your paradigm, rather than the knight's move.

ChrisV

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
May 10, 2015
Islands of Calleja
Steve Jobs on Success (related to the OP.)

"It comes down to trying to expose yourself to the best things that humans have done and bring those things into what you're doing."

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.