The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Why a blog?

Marketing, social media, advertising

mosdef

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
44%
Apr 1, 2014
I noticed many here say its a good idea to start a blog when you are starting to sell a product? Why is this? What is the use of the blog?

Let say i start to sell hmm i dont know water bottles, what would my blog help me with?

How can i provide contect regardning this product, or do i wrote about more than my product?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Darius

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
240%
Apr 8, 2013
Cleveland, Ohio
Helps inform buyers about your product. Which builds authority and trust. Can also help bring viewers and potential customers to your website.

You'd write about the pros & cons of bottled water, why/how bottled water is better than tap water, etc..

You could also post news related to your industry/product. Sample news you'd post: "Ohio Kid Gets Lead Poisoning From Tap Water"

You can find more content to write about by researching search keywords, hanging on forums, and interacting with customers / bottled water drinkers.

mosdef

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
44%
Apr 1, 2014
Helps inform buyers about your product. Which builds authority and trust. Can also help bring viewers and potential customers to your website.

You'd write about the pros & cons of bottled water, why/how bottled water is better than tap water, etc..

You could also post news related to your industry/product. Sample news you'd post: "Ohio Kid Gets Lead Poisoning From Tap Water"

You can find more content to write about by researching search keywords, hanging on forums, and interacting with customers / bottled water drinkers.

thanks! So its recommended to start a blog whatever the product is?

Digamma

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
301%
Nov 13, 2014
thanks! So its recommended to start a blog whatever the product is?
I don't. I think blogging is overrated. Great to create brand, not so much to sell a single product.

A blog is great to create a platform of readers that follow your brand and will be responsive to launches.

For one single product, or products that are not strictly related with a brand, it's better to invest in a good video seminar for a landing page and test the shit of that. Then buy traffic.

mosdef

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
44%
Apr 1, 2014
I don't. I think blogging is overrated. Great to create brand, not so much to sell a single product.

A blog is great to create a platform of readers that follow your brand and will be responsive to launches.

For one single product, or products that are not strictly related with a brand, it's better to invest in a good video seminar for a landing page and test the shit of that. Then buy traffic.

The product or products rather that im going to write about and hopefully sell more of is tightly connected to the brand.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland

Formless

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
267%
Oct 27, 2013
Blogs attract markets.

Markets buy products.

If I've been coming to you to get gardening advice for a year and I trust you, then you start selling gardening equipment, guess who I'll buy from?

mosdef

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
44%
Apr 1, 2014
Blogs attract markets.

Markets buy products.

If I've been coming to you to get gardening advice for a year and I trust you, then you start selling gardening equipment, guess who I'll buy from?

your right, im on my way to start a blog. Do you guys think its good to have a youtube channel and a blog at the same time? Or im i going to kill the content?

Djs87

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
125%
Apr 24, 2011
Scottsdale, AZ
Learn basic keyword research, learn basic SEO for optimizing your blogs, post them, and share everything on Social Media. If you don't have an audience mix in some PPC for Twitter, Facebook, pinterest, google+, etc. Paid social signals basically. That's the quickest/safest way to begin generating organic search traffic.

Sean P

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
105%
Jul 4, 2014
Reasons for starting a blog if you want to sell a product:

1. You can create a perception of authority in your niche with a blog. In this case you would know many things about water bottles that a lot of people wouldn't know, thereby making a positive impression that will help in converting them into buyers.
2. Driving organic traffic becomes easy. Although it may be difficult to rank for the term "water bottles" you could rank for longer phrases like "reusable water bottle for travel". If you rank for a 100 such terms and your product has a high price you can earn a nice passive income each month once you have all those pages ranked.
3. Even if you plan on using paid traffic, platforms like Google Adwords would like you to have a good blog that meets their specifications or else they will not allow you to advertise. That is is one big reason why you may need to have a blog.
4. By building a blog you are also building an asset - it is a piece of virtual real estate. Once your blog starts earning for you you can sell it just like you would sell a house or a piece of land. Generally income-earning blogs sell for 5-10 times the amount of monthly income that they earn. I know folks who do just that - build blogs and flip them every month for a living.
5. When you use Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram and YouTube to spread the word about your product it is easier to drive traffic to a blog than anywhere else(similar reason as in point no. 1 above).

Ninjakid

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
217%
Jun 23, 2014
Buddy Guy Eh
I'll give you an example. Take Bold And Determined, which is mentioned many times on this forum.

Vic claims that he's a professional blogger, which is not untrue; but he could be called an author just as easily.

In fact, that may even be more true because the prime source of his business revenue is from his e-books, not his web content.

But I'm willing to wager that the majority of his sales are from his fans who read his blog; which many are loyal to the point of being fanatical.

There's your answer.

mosdef

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
44%
Apr 1, 2014
I'll give you an example. Take Bold And Determined, which is mentioned many times on this forum.

Vic claims that he's a professional blogger, which is not untrue; but he could be called an author just as easily.

In fact, that may even be more true because the prime source of his business revenue is from his e-books, not his web content.

But I'm willing to wager that the majority of his sales are from his fans who read his blog; which many are loyal to the point of being fanatical.

There's your answer.

thanks!!!!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.