The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Who here makes $10K a month?

How much sources of income do you have?

Votes: 36 46.8%

Votes: 20 26.0%

Votes: 8 10.4%

Votes: 3 3.9%

Votes: 3 3.9%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 1 1.3%

Votes: 6 7.8%

• Total voters

ShamarJD

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Jan 18, 2020
If you're making $10,000/month, how are you doing so and how much MSI (Multiple sources of income) do you have generating you money?

I'm currently making $10,000/year which amounts to less than $900/month
My sources of income: 1

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Why do you need to know? And do you think such a question is in good taste?

How much do you make?
How many sources of income do you have?

I noticed you did not vote.

Ill wait for your answer.

ShamarJD

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Jan 18, 2020
Why do you need to know? And do you think such a question is in good taste?

How much do you make?
How many sources of income do you have?

I noticed you did not vote.

Ill wait for your answer.
I've just started this new ''1 on 1 coaching program'' My coach send me out to find someone who is already earning the money I desire ($10,000) a month so I can get rid of some self limiting beliefs! I've asked people around me, and asked through some other sources but all to no avail. I figured since I recently been reading Unscripted i'd come and ask in this forum since i'll be more active due to finding more inspiration.

DragoonDB

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
244%
Oct 17, 2018
I've just started this new ''1 on 1 coaching program'' My coach send me out to find someone who is already earning the money I desire ($10,000) a month so I can get rid of some self limiting beliefs! I've asked people around me, and asked through some other sources but all to no avail. I figured since I recently been reading Unscripted i'd come and ask in this forum since i'll be more active due to finding more inspiration.
What's the next question your coach is going to have you ask?

There are plenty of people making more than $10K per month - through slowlane, fastlane or a combination of both. Just Google the Forbes billionaire list if you want to really crash those limiting beliefs.

Getting this confirmation is easy, so the question is making me cautious - and probably others as well; it seems like there are going to be a bunch of detail-based follow-up questions. Keep in mind the following quote, and you don't need to poll the audience:

"It always seems impossible until it's done." -Nelson Mandela

If you want to do it, you can be the one that makes the impossible, possible.

pmaloneus

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
145%
Dec 3, 2017
US
You already knew the answer before you asked. You asked a surface level questions. A question that could have have been answered by reading any number of the thread here. Applaud you taking the initiative in asking the question, but now, atleast you get your first lesson and introduction to the forum.

Your growth will come from asking the right questions and understanding the reasons behind why you're asking them.

You're limited mindset is not thinking that it can't be done, but something else... Because it's being done already by thousands if not millions of people. Your limited mindset is probably based on not thinking YOU can do it. To which I would recommend, don't worry about getting 10k a month, worry about just making your first $10, then $100, then $1000, Then 5000.... and so on. Get early wins, build confidence, make bigger bets.

pmaloneus

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
145%
Dec 3, 2017
US
Also - try and test your coach... just for shits and giggles. Ask him/her how many clients they have, how much they're making, how many income sources they have, how much they are making, and how they are going to make money... see if they'd answer.... if they don't..... you've proven they don't eat their own dog food, and should take what they say with a grain of salt.

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)
I make about 46,672.62 a month. Only working 1 job in Vancouver.

Believe it or not I'm actually serious to, what would you like to know.

(if anyone figures this out your a genius) :D

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)

Raoul Duke

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
324%
Feb 26, 2016
If you're making $10,000/month, how are you doing so and how much MSI (Multiple sources of income) do you have generating you money?

I'm currently making $10,000/year which amounts to less than $900/month
My sources of income: 1

t9lD5Qv.gif

SEBASTlAN

Marketing Wizard
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
149%
Dec 22, 2014
Los Angeles

Envision

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
779%
May 5, 2014
Ecommerce
Real Estate
Digital Advertising
Consulting

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
joel-osteen-money.jpg

PapaGang

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
256%
Jul 10, 2019
Milwaukee, WI

PapaGang

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
256%
Jul 10, 2019
Milwaukee, WI
Also - try and test your coach... just for shits and giggles. Ask him/her how many clients they have, how much they're making, how many income sources they have, how much they are making, and how they are going to make money... see if they'd answer.... if they don't..... you've proven they don't eat their own dog food, and should take what they say with a grain of salt.

Reminds me of my friend who has problems finding financial advisors.
He says he's not so sure he'd take the advice of someone making less money than him.

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 8, 2019
Singapore
Reminds me of my friend who has problems finding financial advisors.
He says he's not so sure he'd take the advice of someone making less money than him.
Then he should seek billionaire Elon Musk advice and invest everything in Tesla with extra leverage. :)

PapaGang

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
256%
Jul 10, 2019
Milwaukee, WI
Then he should seek billionaire Elon Musk advice and invest everything in Tesla with extra leverage. :)
I think it's more like,
"I make 160k a year and I'm not going to trust the advice of an Edward Jones kid making $40k and in serious debt, with no track record of making a return on investments."

I don't blame him.

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 8, 2019
Singapore
I think it's more like,
"I make 160k a year and I'm not going to trust the advice of an Edward Jones kid making $40k and in serious debt, with no track record of making a return on investments."

I don't blame him.
The adviser does not make Investment return for him. The adviser usually suggests the investment package that is suited to his risk appetite and financial market literacy.

I think his mistakes the role of an adviser for a broker who gives stock tips.

PapaGang

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
256%
Jul 10, 2019
Milwaukee, WI
The adviser does not make Investment return for him. The adviser usually suggests the investment package that is suited to his risk appetite and financial market literacy.

I think his mistakes the role of an adviser for a broker who gives stock tips.
Probably more than a broker though. More like a financial mentor. Maybe like Todd Tresidder.
Or a combination of a good CPA, financial advisor, and broker. He lives out in the sticks, and just has a general lack of access to quality people to help him optimize his portfolio.

peterb0yd

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
220%
Dec 30, 2019
I appreciate all responses. Absolutely had no intentions of anything negative. I'll check other sources!

Seriously, don't waste your time. $10k / month you can make from a job in any field. After taxes, that's only about $7k. Good, but not what we're here for.

Take any business model that is currently successful. There are people making $100k per month or more using that business model. Some have multiple streams of income, some only have one. Does that squash your limiting beliefs? I'm guessing it does not.

I would hesitate to continue this coaching program. Pick a business model and commit to it 100%. When you have specific questions, ask them here.

eliquid

( Jason Brown )
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
519%
May 29, 2013
Making $10k a month isn't a tough milestone.

I know guys that make $10k a day. But it cost them $9900 to make it.

You should be talking to people who are keeping at least $10k a month instead of those making $10k a month.

minivanman

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
265%
Mar 16, 2017
DFW
Making $10k a month isn't a tough milestone.

I know guys that make $10k a day. But it cost them $9900 to make it.

You should be talking to people who are keeping at least $10k a month instead of those making $10k a month.

This is always something I fail at. When I talk about money, the only thing that matters to me is what ends up in my pocket. The number before taxes, workers, insurance, etc..... that doesn't matter to me. I could care less about that number. But, I always forget that lots of people look at that number instead of the REAL number when they are talking about how much a person makes. I'm usually the bad guy.... at Christmas my nephew was so happy he was making $13 an hour working at WalMart for his first job and then I dropped the bomb that after taxes and insurance it's probably more like $10 an hour. Was I being mean? Well, I offered him a starting position that would have lead up to his own business in just a couple of years had he taken it but he turned it down so I probably was being mean.... Merry Christmas :rofl:

Entre Eyes

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
97%
Sep 7, 2019
Traveling to Higher Conciousness
Great Thread because it inspires one way or another. After reading all the comments so far it really got me to thinking of the Documovie StartUp.com

These guys were just in hustle mode at the beginning looking for funding.

If someone had asks them what they were making it was nothing at the time would that mean they did not have anything to offer of any value based on that amount is what this thread got me to thinking.

Then one day boom they starting scoring Millions of Dollars from their Meetings for Funding.

Now does what they have to say have more value?

But they got to market too late after a direct Competitor and the bottom fell out.

At that point does what they have to share have any value?

Those are not really questions just as Arsenio Hall used to say..."Things that make you go hmmm." :)

I think the entire movie is on Ytube if you search it I highly recommend a peek.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pjk-WmtNs3g

D

Deleted74396

Interesting thread. Fascinating that almost 10% have 10 (or more, I guess it should've said 10+) sources of income!

TheCj

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Jan 3, 2017
Ontario, Canada
This is always something I fail at. When I talk about money, the only thing that matters to me is what ends up in my pocket. The number before taxes, workers, insurance, etc..... that doesn't matter to me. I could care less about that number. But, I always forget that lots of people look at that number instead of the REAL number when they are talking about how much a person makes. I'm usually the bad guy.... at Christmas my nephew was so happy he was making $13 an hour working at WalMart for his first job and then I dropped the bomb that after taxes and insurance it's probably more like $10 an hour. Was I being mean? Well, I offered him a starting position that would have lead up to his own business in just a couple of years had he taken it but he turned it down so I probably was being mean.... Merry Christmas :rofl:

Yes! Reminds me of people talking about how much they bought there house for that is mortgaged for 30yrs. Quoting the price that they "bought at" which is really the price they negotiated for the bank. When the actual amount of money they will pay when all is said and done will be almost double the "bought at" price.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.