The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Who Have You Thanked Today?

Anything related to matters of the mind

Yoda

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
710%
Nov 12, 2015
Dagobah
Gratitude.

It's something we all must cultivate. You can have everything in the world, or nothing at all, and the amount of gratitude you hold will put your life into a perspective of light or dark, good or bad, fortunate or unfortunate. And, whichever way you choose, you chose it and have the power within you to choose otherwise.

But I don't like the dark side. I try to let the force guide me to the light.

As Chewbacca always says, "Nrrrrrraaaau, arrnnnnnnnnnn." And I damn well agree.

Look, what you have and what you seek can be a day apart or a decade apart. But how thankful you are right now can render both meaningless, and only you can decide which way you let your heart and mind transcend. True thankfulness is a masterful level of calm, unlike content where you lack ambition. It's thankfulness and nothing more. It's powerful.

The ultimate power we are all looking for is gratitude.

What happens when you close the next big deal? What happens when you wrap up the best sales year you've ever had? What happens when you drop your coin on a new car and drive it off the lot?

Do you get anything of permanence?
Understand that everything you do, all the actions you take, all the processes you piece together, and all the success and failure you can endure is absolutely trash if you can't walk away and be thankful for everything which transpired, good and bad.

I would never suggest being thankful for someone getting diagnosed with a terminal illness, but I'm certainly thankful for the time I've had with them, the memories we've created, and the time we have left, if any.

I would never suggest being thankful for someone's business getting crushed and them losing everything they've had, but I'd hope they could be thankful for the opportunity and support they had, and continue to reflect on taking action, learning from the attempt and getting the chance at a fresh start.

But it's not about events, it's about people.

It's about them.

It's about you.

So, who have you thanked today?

When's the last time you picked up the phone and thanked a customer, just because? Totally unsolicited.

When's the last time you thanked your slowlane boss because he's actually providing you enough income to leave the rat race?

When's the last time you thanked your adversary for showing you your weaknesses?

When's the last time you thanked your family, friends, children, and mentors, just because?

I'm thankful for you guys. Even the little a$$ hats who come in posting landfill comments, because it makes me realize how damn lucky I am to be in the know, that I'm in control of my life, my destiny, my mind.

I'm thankful for my business partners. Without them, I'd be less of a man than I am today, let alone businessman.

I'm thankful for my wife. No explanation needed there.

I'm thankful for my kids. Those rascals come running to me every single day, and don't care whether I made a buck or lost it on a bad deal. And they come with arms open, eyes wide, and smiles on blast.

I'm thankful for me. I'm ultra happy to know my life is headed in the right direction, because I chose it to be, and acted on it. I'm ultra happy for my self awareness. I'm ultra happy I have the time and knowledge to share, create, and explore.

Sorry it took me like 8 months to get to my 100th post, but there it is.

"Bit of a lurker, I am."

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
Gratitude.

It's something we all must cultivate. You can have everything in the world, or nothing at all, and the amount of gratitude you hold will put your life into a perspective of light or dark, good or bad, fortunate or unfortunate. And, whichever way you choose, you chose it and have the power within you to choose otherwise.

Look, what you have and what you seek can be a day apart or a decade apart. But how thankful you are right now can render both meaningless, and only you can decide which way you let your heart and mind transcend. True thankfulness is a masterful level of calm, unlike content where you lack ambition. It's thankfulness and nothing more. It's powerful.

What happens when you close the next big deal? What happens when you wrap up the best sales year you've ever had? What happens when you drop your coin on a new car and drive it off the lot?

Understand that everything you do, all the actions you take, all the processes you piece together, and all the success and failure you can endure is absolutely trash if you can't walk away and be thankful for everything which transpired, good and bad.

I would never suggest being thankful for someone getting diagnosed with a terminal illness, but I'm certainly thankful for the time I've had with them, the memories we've created, and the time we have left, if any.

I would never suggest being thankful for someone's business getting crushed and them losing everything they've had, but I'd hope they could be thankful for the opportunity and support they had, and continue to reflect on taking action, learning from the attempt and getting the chance at a fresh start.

It's about them.

It's about you.

When's the last time you picked up the phone and thanked a customer, just because? Totally unsolicited.

When's the last time you thanked your slowlane boss because he's actually providing you enough income to leave the rat race?

When's the last time you thanked your adversary for showing you your weaknesses?

When's the last time you thanked your family, friends, children, and mentors, just because?

I'm thankful for you guys. Even the little a$$ hats who come in posting landfill comments, because it makes me realize how damn lucky I am to be in the know, that I'm in control of my life, my destiny, my mind.

I'm thankful for my business partners. Without them, I'd be less of a man than I am today, let alone businessman.

I'm thankful for my kids. Those rascals come running to me every single day, and don't care whether I made a buck or lost it on a bad deal. And they come with arms open, eyes wide, and smiles on blast.

I'm thankful for me. I'm ultra happy to know my life is headed in the right direction, because I chose it to be, and acted on it. I'm ultra happy for my self awareness. I'm ultra happy I have the time and knowledge to share, create, and explore.

"Bit of a lurker, I am."

Worth waiting for, it was.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Gratitude.

It's about them.

It's about you.

"Bit of a lurker, I am."
Thanks for that.

One of the best things I did when I joined the forum was send a PM to thank every single person who followed me or gave me rep.

I've learned so much from all these great little conversations, and it's made my world a sunnier little place.

I knew the power of giving to receive.

I just never knew it applied to "Giving Thanks".

I truly believe it's the most powerful thing we can give.

Thanks @Yoda

Truthority

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
467%
Dec 24, 2016
Finland
What better way to make a first post here than in this one. So much great stuff on these forums, what a place. And then on my second time here MJ announces his new book and the place gets re-designed and looks great. If that isn't "right place at the right time", I don't know what is.

Thank you @Yoda and others for this thread.

A very effective practise for gratitude if you really want to get down to the bottom of your problems and challenges:

Start being grateful for all those challenges. All your difficulties. Look for the upsides, the opportunities and the invitations lurking there. Zoom out. Change perspectives. See the whole. Make a list of all of them. Make this a daily practise and do it everytime you are feeling those old frustrations and limitations kicking in. Go deep. Don't just wait for them to go away so you can get back to easy street. Stay with them. Nourish them. You will find that all your so-called problems are not really problems at all. They are only masquerading as problems.

"Inside of a problem is the seed of a 'difficult gratitude problem' and it always improves your life to solve that problem."
- James Altucher

Finally, don't forget that everything that has happened in the history of life has led to this moment right here and right now. You are the result. You are alive. You are winning.

Be grateful :)

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
What better way to make a first post here than in this one. So much great stuff on these forums, what a place. And then on my second time here MJ announces his new book and the place gets re-designed and looks great. If that isn't "right place at the right time", I don't know what is.

Thank you @Yoda and others for this thread.

A very effective practise for gratitude if you really want to get down to the bottom of your problems and challenges:

Start being grateful for all those challenges. All your difficulties. Look for the upsides, the opportunities and the invitations lurking there. Zoom out. Change perspectives. See the whole. Make a list of all of them. Make this a daily practise and do it everytime you are feeling those old frustrations and limitations kicking in. Go deep. Don't just wait for them to go away so you can get back to easy street. Stay with them. Nourish them. You will find that all your so-called problems are not really problems at all. They are only masquerading as problems.

"Inside of a problem is the seed of a 'difficult gratitude problem' and it always improves your life to solve that problem."
- James Altucher

Finally, don't forget that everything that has happened in the history of life has led to this moment right here and right now. You are the result. You are alive. You are winning.

Be grateful :)
Great first post. Welcome @Truthority.

Nicoknowsbest

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
395%
Mar 31, 2014
Austria
I used to be miserable in the morning.

Part of my morning routine now is taking my "Thank You" journal and writing down everything I am thankful for.

"Damn, it is dark and cold." quickly becomes "Wow, I am alive, feel good, have a roof over my had and food to eat. Let's do this."

Take nothing for granted. Nothing.

Not the old lady smiling at you at the supermarket.

Not your girlfriend/fiancee/wife being by your side, no matter what.

Not the postman wishing you a great day.

Not someone sending you a PM asking for advice.

Say thank you more often.

For me the most powerful strategy to create happiness - for others. And for yourself.

Truthority

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
467%
Dec 24, 2016
Finland
"Damn, it is dark and cold."

That can also be a statement made from awe and reverance to the power of nature. Trust nature. She knows what she's doing. There are reasons it gets dark and cold. If you don't know what they are, do yourself a favor and study them. Without those reasons you would be dead. Nature is an incredible system. Be grateful for the magic of nature. You get to be here and live. Stay with that feeling of "damn, it's cold". Turn it into a positive statement. You can intensify this with acting like your mind is blown, head spinning, eyebrows confused (kind of like "damn, she's hot").

So be careful you don't just run away from this opportunity to practise gratitude towards things you don't like. Graitude is not just about being grateful for all the great things. That's too easy. Anybody can do that. That's not for entrepreneurs. That's for people who never want to leave their comfort zones and need to be in constant pleasure mode. But be grateful for them too because who else is gonna buy your services :)

Every complaint or negative statement is a reminder; a teacher, to show us what we take for granted. And an opportunity to turn it around immediately and practise gratitude. This is where all wealth begins for everyone everywhere and without this fundamental understanding nothing will ever make you wealthier than you are now.

And if you really want to start serving others, you can start turning around other people's complaints also! Help THEM turn it around. Help them create a better reality. Remind them how important those shitty things are, how they guide us in the right direction (and define our values/desires by telling us what we DON'T want). Or create a product that will take their "dark and cold" away, ask the complainers what that product could be. What could be a possible solution? Focus on that.

Last edited:

Nicoknowsbest

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
395%
Mar 31, 2014
Austria
Trust nature. She knows what she's doing.
Oh yeah, she definitely knows. I never doubted that :)

Graitude is not just about being grateful for all the great things. That's too easy. Anybody can do that.
Agreed. But for most of us, this should be the first step. Being grateful for things that seem "negative" is the next step. I believe that everything happens for a reason. You don't learn if you only experience positive things.

“Everyone wants happiness; no one wants pain. But you can’t have a rainbow without a little rain.” - Unknown.

Every complaint or negative statement is a reminder; a teacher, to show us what we take for granted. And an opportunity to turn it around immediately and practise gratitude. This is where all wealth begins for everyone everywhere and without this fundamental understanding nothing will ever make you wealthier than you are now.
Agreed. Solid thinking.

Help them create a better reality.
This is what matters. No matter what you do, help others with whatever they are struggling.

Nice post @Truthority, thanks for sharing your thoughts.

Yoda

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
710%
Nov 12, 2015
Dagobah
I have nothing but gratitude for the people who help me run my business(es) behind the scenes, and on the front lines.

I came back from a 10-day vacation this morning, and it took me no more than an hour to get caught up to speed... and I profited nearly 5 digits on the week without lifting a finger.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
Gratitude.

It's about them.

It's about you.

"Bit of a lurker, I am."

thanks

becks22

90% coffee, 10% everything else
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
271%
Jul 6, 2016
Upstate NY
Bumping this thread because I just spent two episodes of American Greed, writing handwritten 'Thank you' Notes on the back of postcards for my first Amazon FBA shipment. Who have you thanked today?

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.