The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Where to start?

SM Switi

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
177%
Jul 11, 2017
As your first venture would you go with

High competitive with really big guys something like this ><
book.PNG
but very large scale niche idea

Or

medium competitive
medium-small scale

and why ?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
As your first venture would you go with

High competitive with really big guys something like this ><
View attachment 16917
but very large scale niche idea

Or

medium competitive
medium-small scale

and why ?
I'd just start.

Find someone who you can help and help them... this week?

SM Switi

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
177%
Jul 11, 2017
@Andy Black
4 hours of helping only one person.... I feel like am having a heart cancer :rofl: never cared for anyone alive as long as this :playful:
just kidding .... it feels kinda ....... good actually

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
@Andy Black
4 hours of helping only one person.... I feel like am having a heart cancer :rofl: never cared for anyone alive as long as this :playful:
just kidding .... it feels kinda ....... good actually
I'm just off to do a one hour maths grind for a nephew. Sunday evening doing calculus? Sheeit...

SM Switi

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
177%
Jul 11, 2017
@Andy Black
do you know what I have just got ? ............. MY FIRST PAYING CUSTOMER !!!!!!!!!!!!
I helped one person with something and after that I felt good and helped another one and then 3 others contacted me to help them with the same thing and the funny thing is I didn't even thought I can do this thing and never even thought about it before I helped the first one ! it's like magic am really amazed that Am shaking right now !

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
@Andy Black
do you know what I have just got ? ............. MY FIRST PAYING CUSTOMER !!!!!!!!!!!!
I helped one person with something and after that I felt good and helped another one and then 3 others contacted me to help them with the same thing and the funny thing is I didn't even thought I can do this thing and never even thought about it before I helped the first one ! it's like magic am really amazed that Am shaking right now !
Woohoo! One in a row!

Well done!

SM Switi

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
177%
Jul 11, 2017
So am supposed to be doing this dump task for my currently named boss in the mean while but forget about that ! I feel the urge to dump my thoughts here or else I will explode in this office, things haven't been that perfect I have done a lot of action faking that I think I have moved zero steps forward, bought a domain name and was "trying" to work on the website but am just in a mess , my ideas are not organized and I don't have any sense of discipline,am really angry at myself , I don't know how a php tutorial article turns to how to feed an elephants in 10 magical ways article !but that happens every time
my routine goes like this
wake up
go to 9-5 job
go home
stare at the laptop screen til your eyes hurt
go to sleep
repeat
No improvements or real results, am a web developer so I don't need to outsource anything am fine with programming even learning new languages so that's not my problem if you think programming is holding me back.

also Am planning to quit my job on march until I have saved enough money to support me for at least 6 months , I know am comfortable right now and maybe that's why am not taking enough action but once my job comfort disappear maybe then I will feel the need to take action or starve, but I don't wanna wait til I quit my job, I want to invest this current time and come out with something but am not able to push myself enough , I feel stuck and miserable

TinyOldLady

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
214%
Oct 27, 2017
Germany
@SM Switi
I've also created a comfortable time for me and am moving very slowly. Now I've discovered Tony Robbins (now! :happy:) and today I started my day with this interview
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ImIuAvkUMo
that somebody on this forum recommended (thank you whoever it was!!). Today is my kaizen list full of checkmarks :cool:. Maybe some Tony motivation can help you too

SM Switi

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
177%
Jul 11, 2017
Maybe some Tony motivation can help you too
yes that has helped me thank you.

so where am I now :
saved about 1k and 2 months away from quitting my job, half way through building my website from scratch.

what has helped me most is chunking down tasks as @AndrewNC has said ,the main problem was that actually I didn't have anything specific to do, my mind was floating around and wondering about everything at the same time which held me back, instead I should've started one step at a time with clear vision about what am doing and what should be done even if it's as little as setting up the main toolbar or one button functionality, and stop worrying about other things beside my currently assigned task ,everything will fall into place at the right time you have to believe this, you can't know everything and set up complete perfect plan for your project from stage zero to completion, you have to trust blindly and start executing.

I hope this can help someone to cut a bit of disney land wondering time and start getting their hands dirty.

WhoDatBoy

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
135%
Jun 17, 2020
The Netherlands
@SM Switi
I've also created a comfortable time for me and am moving very slowly. Now I've discovered Tony Robbins (now! :happy:) and today I started my day with this interview
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ImIuAvkUMo
that somebody on this forum recommended (thank you whoever it was!!). Today is my kaizen list full of checkmarks :cool:. Maybe some Tony motivation can help you too

Thanks for this!!! I was kind of stuck in my head and this really helped fix my perspective. Just what I needed.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.