The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

When Your Family Destroys Your Dreams

Anything related to matters of the mind

smn03

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Mar 29, 2022
My position:
(you can skip this if you want to)

my dad owns a company, makes more than 200.000/year but in my opinion hasn't archived financial freedom. still gets up everyday do drive to work and work long hours in order to keep the business going.

my mom isn't working at all. spending time at home, walking the dog and doing the dishes.

im done with school, currently working at a job paying 16€ / hour, with no degree needed. this won't last for long.

typical sentences i hear when i talk about my vision of becoming financial free and a entrepreneur:

"it isn't easy" - do i even want it so be easy? i want the process not the result

"what if it doesn't work out? many of our friends have failed with their businesses... you NEED a PLAN B! without going to university or some qualifications you have nothing in hand when thing don't go the right way" - got me thinking a bit. not wrong at all. but for me it's either success or ill die trying. won't settle for less. won't settle for comfort. won't live an ordinary life

"being self employed means working more than others with normal jobs do" - that will be the case at first. while others party, ill work. while others go to restaurants ill spend time in meetings. but that's not the end goal. financial freedom is

"you are fully responsible. you don't just get your paycheck at the end of the month" - this makes it more interesting to me. i want to be responsible. other than that, it's quite naive to think you're on the safe path with just going to a regular job. your salary depends on many things plus yourself

"you need some basic knowledge. go to uni" - seems like you never picked up a real book from a real entrepreneur talking about problems and how to solve them, or even basic marketing books. education is out there

im not drinking alcohol, not going to parties, meditating, reading books, and improving myself. think im on the right path

These are, in my opinion, typical sentences from a scripted false reality

What would your answers be to those kind of questions? Im really interested

I won't let my family destroy my dreams and visions or even hurt my confidence!

Thanks

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Mathuin

Provide Relative-Value or Die Trying
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
360%
Dec 20, 2020
Belfast, Northern Ireland
You're being overdramatic.

They aren't "destroying your dreams", they asking reasonable questions from their perspective.

This is to be expected from members who care about you and are scared to see you fail/ get hurt (as well as some of them who are scared you might succeed)

Have you read any of the books?

MJ had it worse from his own mother.

A good book that mentions dealing with this kind of stuff as an entrepreneur is "How to Get Rich" by Felix Dennis. To use a quote he mentions in the book:

"Never retreat. Never explain. Get it done and let them howl." - Benjamin Jowett

smn03

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Mar 29, 2022
You're being overdramatic.

They aren't "destroying your dreams", they asking reasonable questions from their perspective.

This is to be expected from members who care about you and are scared to see you fail/ get hurt (as well as some of them who are scared you might succeed)

Have you read any of the books?

MJ had it worse from his own mother.

A good book that mentions dealing with this kind of stuff as an entrepreneur is "How to Get Rich" by Felix Dennis. To use a quote he mentions in the book:

"Never retreat. Never explain. Get it done and let them howl." - Benjamin Jowett
Thanks! I'll have a look at this book. Seems like im not the only one dealing with this

Angler

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
271%
Sep 9, 2021
my dad owns a company, makes more than 200.000/year but in my opinion hasn't archived financial freedom. still gets up everyday do drive to work and work long hours in order to keep the business going.

my mom isn't working at all. spending time at home, walking the dog and doing the dishes.
Sounds to me like you got a good family behind you. That's an advantage because you don't sound like you are struggling financially.

Meaning, you don't have to worry about money coming in the house if you build something and perhaps fall face first in the process.

That should take some weights off your shoulders.
I won't let my family destroy my dreams and visions or even hurt my confidence!
No one can make you feel ____ without your consent.” Eleanor Roosevelt.

Your dreams and vision are between your ears, and no one can take them from you unless you are not strong enough to handle them.

People can sow seed of doubts, sure, if you don't know who you are, what you want, or trust your instinct with full conviction.

"How to Get Rich" by Felix Dennis
50% through it on my kindle. I love his voice and energy, such a rare gem. Imagine MJ's messages in a more poetic and a$$ kicking way. There's no room for pity and victimhood if you choose to read the book. High recommend.

smn03

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Mar 29, 2022
Sounds to me like you got a good family behind you. That's an advantage because you don't sound like you are struggling financially.

Meaning, you don't have to worry about money coming in the house if you build something and perhaps fall face first in the process.

That should take some weights off your shoulders.

No one can make you feel ____ without your consent.” Eleanor Roosevelt.

Your dreams and vision are between your ears, and no one can take them from you unless you are not strong enough to handle them.

People can sow seed of doubts, sure, if you don't know who you are, what you want, or trust your instinct with full conviction.

50% through it on my kindle. I love his voice and energy, such a rare gem. Imagine MJ's messages in a more poetic and a$$ kicking way. There's no room for pity and victimhood if you choose to read the book. High recommend.
thanks a lot!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.