The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Whattup nerds, New Zealand is Making Games to Teach You Business

ApparentHorizon

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
301%
Apr 1, 2016
Greenville, SC
NZ is apparently spending $150k to make a Tech Tycoon and Restaurant Tycoon game that teaches you how to be a CEO.

Government spends $150,000 to create video game to teach people how to run a business

Actually this may be a bit more interesting to turn your kids onto.

Now the same dopamine life sucking mechanisms can be used for the greater good!

The tech one seems to be just an office setting....kind of bland looking. IDK how this is going to keep anyone's attention: Tech Executive Tycoon on Steam

They should have turned up the saturation and brightness, and made it more cartoony.

Can't find the restaurant one. Prob still in development.

Games are no joke though. I learned a good bit when I was a wee lad from strategy and sim management , which were all the rage back then.

Age of empires - learning to manage resources
Rollercoaster Tycoon - building your own theme park (Crash course in P/L)
Sim City - Also managing finances and resources

Not a huge deal when you're past those years, but to a 10-15 year old, you open up a whole new way of thinking.

(I made my first sale around that time too. $150 for a simple HTML4 website. The kind you coded completely from hand, and used tables for layouts)

They'll play games anyway, (Video game industry has overtaken Hollywood) and the shooters these days (which I'm guilty of splurging on once or twice a week) doesn't do much good. (Studies show the FPS genre actually helps with hand eye coordination, but not sure how that really helps anyone.)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Danny Sullivan

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
207%
Jul 2, 2018
Germany
I'd like to throw in GearCity on Steam . It's basically an excel spreadsheet simulator with an indepth business simulation and an ultraviolent-nightmare difficulty which actually deserves the name. It has a very steep learning curve and i definitely spend too much time in this game. The developer (Eric) is the uncrowned king of customer support in steam and although this is not a Fastlane business, he's definitely doing an excellent job over there.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.