• The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  1. Join 40,000+ entrepreneurs
    who are kicking butt and
    winning their dream life.

Unscripted™ Entrepreneurship:
    A Business That Pays More Than Money, It Pays Time.

"Fastlane" is an entrepreneur discussion forum based on The Unscripted Entrepreneurial Framework (TUNEF) outlined in the two best-selling books by MJ DeMarco (The Millionaire Fastlane and UNSCRIPTED™). From multimillionaires to digital nomads, the forum features real entrepreneurs creating real businesses.

Download (Unscripted) Download (Millionaire Fastlane)  Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

Whattup nerds, New Zealand is Making Games to Teach You Business

Discussion in 'Education, Learning, Books' started by ApparentHorizon, Jul 26, 2018.

1. ApparentHorizon

ApparentHorizon Gold Contributor Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $5,633
    NZ is apparently spending $150k to make a Tech Tycoon and Restaurant Tycoon game that teaches you how to be a CEO.

Government spends $150,000 to create video game to teach people how to run a business

Actually this may be a bit more interesting to turn your kids onto.

Now the same dopamine life sucking mechanisms can be used for the greater good!

The tech one seems to be just an office setting....kind of bland looking. IDK how this is going to keep anyone's attention: Tech Executive Tycoon on Steam

They should have turned up the saturation and brightness, and made it more cartoony.

Can't find the restaurant one. Prob still in development.

Games are no joke though. I learned a good bit when I was a wee lad from strategy and sim management , which were all the rage back then.

Age of empires - learning to manage resources
    Rollercoaster Tycoon - building your own theme park (Crash course in P/L)
    Sim City - Also managing finances and resources

Not a huge deal when you're past those years, but to a 10-15 year old, you open up a whole new way of thinking.

(I made my first sale around that time too. $150 for a simple HTML4 website. The kind you coded completely from hand, and used tables for layouts)

They'll play games anyway, (Video game industry has overtaken Hollywood) and the shooters these days (which I'm guilty of splurging on once or twice a week) doesn't do much good. (Studies show the FPS genre actually helps with hand eye coordination, but not sure how that really helps anyone.)

Arun Siva likes this.
  2. Danny Sullivan

Danny Sullivan Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $583
    I'd like to throw in GearCity on Steam . It's basically an excel spreadsheet simulator with an indepth business simulation and an ultraviolent-nightmare difficulty which actually deserves the name. It has a very steep learning curve and i definitely spend too much time in this game. The developer (Eric) is the uncrowned king of customer support in steam and although this is not a Fastlane business, he's definitely doing an excellent job over there.