The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

What's a good cold call script?

Anything considered a "hustle" and not necessarily a CENTS-based Fastlane

The Abundant Man

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Jul 3, 2018
I'm having trouble with cold calls. I know I can get more leads if I had a better script.

My usual:
Me: This is Bond, James Bond from MI6. I know that as a Chiropractor you are busy fixing people's backs day in and day out. It can be difficult to focus on the other aspects of having a Chiropractic business such as getting new customers. I can help get you new customers by providing a website and local SEO so that your chiropractic business can grow even further.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

tiagosoares17.22

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
165%
Aug 5, 2017
Porto, Portugal
I think the way you start is terrible.

In my case, if I would try to establish a connection with a direct consumer, I might go that route of being funny/chill. But when establishing a connection with other businesses, I think you will be better off by sounding more professional.

The Abundant Man

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Jul 3, 2018
I think the way you start is terrible.

In my case, if I would try to establish a connection with a direct consumer, I might go that route of being funny/chill. But when establishing a connection with other businesses, I think you will be better off by sounding more professional.
James Bond is only an example. I don't actually use that when I call.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Chris25

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
382%
Aug 29, 2018
Europe
I was sent on a training about cold calls for a job I had in the past. What we did was send out an email first and then call to follow up. We created a script with a few bullet points that we need to mention during the conversation, just as a helping hand, because sometimes when you're in a call you forget about every single thing you need to cover.

We were taught a few tactics which I can't recall right now, but I do remember that you need to stay in control of the conversation. Don't put yourself in positions where they can easily brush you off. Especially in the beginning, if you start with "Do you have some time?" they will most likely say no because you're immediately giving them the opportunity. Instead start with something like "I'd like to discuss ____ with you for a minute". If they can't talk at the moment, make sure to set an exact time when you should call back. I hated that project.

Another tip is to present your services as a solution and not an offer. Example: Instead of "I can help you increase...." use something like "My/This strategy will increase your....".

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

The Abundant Man

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Jul 3, 2018
I was sent on a training about cold calls for a job I had in the past. What we did was send out an email first and then call to follow up. We created a script with a few bullet points that we need to mention during the conversation, just as a helping hand, because sometimes when you're in a call you forget about every single thing you need to cover.

We were taught a few tactics which I can't recall right now, but I do remember that you need to stay in control of the conversation. Don't put yourself in positions where they can easily brush you off. Especially in the beginning, if you start with "Do you have some time?" they will most likely say no because you're immediately giving them the opportunity. Instead start with something like "I'd like to discuss ____ with you for a minute". If they can't talk at the moment, make sure to set an exact time when you should call back. I hated that project.

Another tip is to present your services as a solution and not an offer. Example: Instead of "I can help you increase...." use something like "My/This strategy will increase your....".
Thanks!

The Abundant Man

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Jul 3, 2018
Sales Script

• Hi, is __________there?

• My name is ________. I am a representative for ________ Marketing. We are a fast growing company in providing online marketing solutions for businesses. We've been reaching out to people in your area. So, right now, are you looking to get into websites and online marketing?

•If no-”Thank you for your time. Have a great day!”

If yes:

• Just a couple quick questions so I don't waste your time.

• What is your biggest headache with your business?

• What would be your ideal website or marketing program if you could do it?

• Of all the factors, that we have spoken about what is the most important to you?

• Is there anything that I have missed? Have I asked about everything that's important to you?

• Based on everything, that you've said to me, this is a perfect fit for you.

• Offer some solutions(Website design/development, SEO, social media etc)

• You follow me so far?

• So would you like to order one of our service packages? Look, if you give us a chance and believe me you'll wish that we didn't call you sooner. Sound fair enough?

• Thank you for your wonderful time. Have the best day because you are the best person in the world!( I don't know why but 90% of females love this while 99% of males tend to be like “Yeah...Whatever”)

Recommended: The Way of the Wolf by Jordan Belfort(Yes, the guy who Leonardo DiCaprio plays as in Wolf of Wall Street but it's chocked full of sales goodies)

Scot

Salad Dressing Empire
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
473%
Jul 10, 2016
Florida

ZeroTo100

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
179%
Feb 2, 2016
New York City / New Jersey
You mailed into my company a post card a few weeks back requesting information on penny stocks that had huge upside potential with very little down side risks.
Does that ring a bell?

Dissect this...It’s from the Wolf of Wall St.

ZeroTo100

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
179%
Feb 2, 2016
New York City / New Jersey
I'm having trouble with cold calls. I know I can get more leads if I had a better script.

My usual:
Me: This is Bond, James Bond from MI6. I know that as a Chiropractor you are busy fixing people's backs day in and day out. It can be difficult to focus on the other aspects of having a Chiropractic business such as getting new customers. I can help get you new customers by providing a website and local SEO so that your chiropractic business can grow even further.

First off, he’s so busy being a chiropractor, do you think he knows WTF SEO is? Lol Secondly, I’m falling asleep reading it...it’s not exciting enough

I think the way in the door is to drop a line that A) shows they have already made some sort of intent in improving, B) how they can benefit significantly in laymen’s terms.

If I was cold calling for SEO like you, I’d most likely experiment with a few different scripts and approaches.

How about something like this...

A few weeks ago, you dropped my company an email asking us for help on improving your websites traffic. Well, we already took a look at your site and we can almost guarantee to get you from 600 hits a month (where you are now) to damn near 7,000 - increasing your bottom line by thousands of %s points.

If you’re interested, I can go further but let’s not waste each others time. We have a lot of data to sort through here for our current clients and we only take on new clients when one no longer needs our service...Today’s your lucky day.

Not a bad starting point, may need some tweaking

The Abundant Man

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Jul 3, 2018
Thanks for the responses. Learned quite a bit.

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
What would be your ideal website or marketing program if you could do it?
Ask them whether they already use ANY OTHER website or marketing program.

From there, you can have an idea how you can help them out by filling in the gaps later. And you would not need to pitch all the whole service offering from A to Z.

And you can get to know who are your competitors as well. Know the field around you.

If they haven't, you might either find yourself needing to educate them on it or face a client that 'isn't interested/worthy enough' to be worth continuing the call.

Asking them about their ideal website is very general. And quite a big question, IMO. Something I might prefer to do personally face-to-face, rather than a phone call, if I were the one being phoned.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.