• The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  1. Join 40,000+ entrepreneurs
    who are kicking butt and
    winning their dream life.

Unscripted™ Entrepreneurship:
    A Business That Pays More Than Money, It Pays Time.

"Fastlane" is an entrepreneur discussion forum based on The Unscripted Entrepreneurial Framework (TUNEF) outlined in the two best-selling books by MJ DeMarco (The Millionaire Fastlane and UNSCRIPTED™). From multimillionaires to digital nomads, the forum features real entrepreneurs creating real businesses.

Download (Unscripted) Download (Millionaire Fastlane)  Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

What's a good cold call script?

Discussion in 'Hustles, Freelancing, Bootstrapping' started by The Abundant Man, Oct 9, 2018.

1. The Abundant Man

The Abundant Man Silver Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $2,972
    I'm having trouble with cold calls. I know I can get more leads if I had a better script.

My usual:
    Me: This is Bond, James Bond from MI6. I know that as a Chiropractor you are busy fixing people's backs day in and day out. It can be difficult to focus on the other aspects of having a Chiropractic business such as getting new customers. I can help get you new customers by providing a website and local SEO so that your chiropractic business can grow even further.

2. tiagosoares17.22

tiagosoares17.22 Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $648
    I think the way you start is terrible.

In my case, if I would try to establish a connection with a direct consumer, I might go that route of being funny/chill. But when establishing a connection with other businesses, I think you will be better off by sounding more professional.

JohnnyAppleseed likes this.
  3. The Abundant Man

Rep Bank:
    $2,972
    James Bond is only an example. I don't actually use that when I call.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

4. Chris25

Chris25 Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED

Rep Bank:
    $312
    I was sent on a training about cold calls for a job I had in the past. What we did was send out an email first and then call to follow up. We created a script with a few bullet points that we need to mention during the conversation, just as a helping hand, because sometimes when you're in a call you forget about every single thing you need to cover.

We were taught a few tactics which I can't recall right now, but I do remember that you need to stay in control of the conversation. Don't put yourself in positions where they can easily brush you off. Especially in the beginning, if you start with "Do you have some time?" they will most likely say no because you're immediately giving them the opportunity. Instead start with something like "I'd like to discuss ____ with you for a minute". If they can't talk at the moment, make sure to set an exact time when you should call back. I hated that project.

Another tip is to present your services as a solution and not an offer. Example: Instead of "I can help you increase...." use something like "My/This strategy will increase your....".

5. The Abundant Man

Rep Bank:
    $2,972
    Thanks!