The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Cold Call Script Feedback Needed From You Sexy Beasts

RyanK OnMyWay

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
171%
Jan 27, 2016
PA
Hey, Hi, Hello!

I was wondering if you guys could look over my cold call script and provide constructive criticism.

Anything will be of huge appreciation.

I am a commercial carpet cleaning company:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*FOCUS ON HOW WE SAVE THEM MONEY BY AVOIDING REPLACEMENT COSTS* (How good the carpets look is an added benefit)

Hello [Name]?

(Wait for response.)

I wonder if you could help me.

My name’s _______ and I’m with a company called Helix Cleaning.

Could I talk to whoever is in charge of the building’s carpet maintenance?

(Try to get decision maker. If you can’t try to befriend the gatekeeper and get contact info of decision maker.)

I reached out to your company because you’re in our area and I believe you would be a good fit for our carpet cleaning maintenance program.

Really quick what we do is save you money by eliminating expensive carpet replacement and at the same time (FOR OFFICES: create a clean, productive work environment for you and your employees.) (FOR STORES: create a clean, positive environment for both your customers and employees.)

Does this sound generally interesting to you?

(Wait for response, yes or no doesn’t matter.)

Okay, could you explain your current carpet maintenance process?

(Possible responses: 1.No maintenance on the carpet 2.Do it themselves 3.Another company handling it.)

1. Respond with: How do the carpets look?
    (If they say good: That’s great! Now is the perfect time to look into a carpet maintenance program to make sure you avoid expensive replacement costs and to keep them looking good. When would be a good time to come out and give you a free estimate and consultation? If they say bad: We can definitely help with that! We can get the carpet looking as good as possible and then maintain them to avoid costly replacement and keep them looking good. When would be a good time to come out and give you a free estimate and consultation?)

2. Respond with: What kind of maintenance is done and how often?
    Acknowledge their response then say: Most companies that maintain their own carpet find that we are more cost effective at properly maintaining your carpets to ward off expensive replacement costs. When would be a good time to come out and give you a free estimate and consultation?)

3. Respond with: Most companies find that we are more cost effective and efficient at maintaining your carpet. Just in case your current company stops performing well and you need a backup, could we come out and give you a free estimate and consultation so you know your options?
Then it is time to overcome any objections to the estimate.

Objection 1: We don’t have time

Response: The whole process will only take 15 minutes and most companies find that it is worth it because of the how much they save from avoiding replacements and how good the carpets look. Whenever is a good time for you we can be there.

Objection 2: We don’t have the money.

Response: Our carpet maintenance program actually saves you money! Maintaining the carpet is much less expensive than having to replace it. When would be a good time to come out and give you a free estimate and consultation?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for your help in advance!

Ryan

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

focusedlife

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
162%
Mar 16, 2013
Brooklyn, NY
Hey, Hi, Hello!

I was wondering if you guys could look over my cold call script and provide constructive criticism.

Anything will be of huge appreciation.

I am a commercial carpet cleaning company:

*FOCUS ON HOW WE SAVE THEM MONEY BY AVOIDING REPLACEMENT COSTS* (How good the carpets look is an added benefit)

Hello [Name]?

(Wait for response.)

I wonder if you could help me.

My name’s _______ and I’m with a company called Helix Cleaning.

Could I talk to whoever is in charge of the building’s carpet maintenance?

(Try to get decision maker. If you can’t try to befriend the gatekeeper and get contact info of decision maker.)

I reached out to your company because you’re in our area and I believe you would be a good fit for our carpet cleaning maintenance program.

Really quick what we do is save you money by eliminating expensive carpet replacement and at the same time (FOR OFFICES: create a clean, productive work environment for you and your employees.) (FOR STORES: create a clean, positive environment for both your customers and employees.)

Does this sound generally interesting to you?

(Wait for response, yes or no doesn’t matter.)

Okay, could you explain your current carpet maintenance process?

(Possible responses: 1.No maintenance on the carpet 2.Do it themselves 3.Another company handling it.)

1. Respond with: How do the carpets look?
    (If they say good: That’s great! Now is the perfect time to look into a carpet maintenance program to make sure you avoid expensive replacement costs and to keep them looking good. When would be a good time to come out and give you a free estimate and consultation? If they say bad: We can definitely help with that! We can get the carpet looking as good as possible and then maintain them to avoid costly replacement and keep them looking good. When would be a good time to come out and give you a free estimate and consultation?)

2. Respond with: What kind of maintenance is done and how often?
    Acknowledge their response then say: Most companies that maintain their own carpet find that we are more cost effective at properly maintaining your carpets to ward off expensive replacement costs. When would be a good time to come out and give you a free estimate and consultation?)

3. Respond with: Most companies find that we are more cost effective and efficient at maintaining your carpet. Just in case your current company stops performing well and you need a backup, could we come out and give you a free estimate and consultation so you know your options?
Then it is time to overcome any objections to the estimate.

Objection 1: We don’t have time

Response: The whole process will only take 15 minutes and most companies find that it is worth it because of the how much they save from avoiding replacements and how good the carpets look. Whenever is a good time for you we can be there.

Objection 2: We don’t have the money.

Response: Our carpet maintenance program actually saves you money! Maintaining the carpet is much less expensive than having to replace it. When would be a good time to come out and give you a free estimate and consultation?

Thanks for your help in advance!

Ryan

I'd probably start off from a negative vantage, but it's only because I'm discovering it's a bit easier at disarming their defensiveness.

Something like:

Hello?

Hi.

BTW, are you the one in charge of maintenance or who should I be talking to about this?
(reconnaissance...you're getting critical data)

I'm not sure you're the one to help me (meta command), but, are you folks about to replace your carpeting?

[wait for response]

Oh, ok, great...

BTW, is this an ok time to chat or did I catch you in the middle of something?

[Response]

Ask another recon question if you like and maybe go ahead and suggest it's ok to tell you no (I'm a fan of jim camp and hostage negotiation).

*Notice - I haven't identified myself, yet.

Why?

Curiosity and conditioned respect (they don't know who you are, if you're a customer, an authority figure, if you work for them, or what).

Now, if you keep this up, at some point they'll eventually ask you who you are, etc.

But, the opening is key to vital info that allows you to get that dialogue goin'

At this point is when I might go ahead with the rest of the format you've got above, but that's just me.

Hope you found that helpful.

Regards,

Los

Laughingman21

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
214%
Sep 7, 2015
It might be worth highlighting the pain they're suffering that your solution solves. They may have no idea of the pain they're suffering and the impact it's having on their business, so a little reminder can't hurt them.

e.g. Did you know that 50% of customers leave a store if they don't like its cleanliness
or
Did you know that dust in carpets leads to a 20% high rate of absenteeism

(I've made these up, but a quick Google should give you some stats you can use.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.