The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

What will you focus on in 2022?

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Don't wait till New Year's Day.

What will you focus on in 2022?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
On rebuilding my self-confidence.

But I've already started a few weeks ago and whether it's 2021 or 2022 means nothing to me.

woken

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
145%
Mar 24, 2021
London, UK
Launching my new project. Currently action faking.( need to decide on some things that would make or break the project)
Everything around me is in a “it’s almost Christmas” state so I’ll use that as an excuse.

Also, I’d rather take 3 good decisions now to avoid changing the whole business model later.

Sounded like a true action faker :rofl:

But hey, it’s the holiday season !
Happy holidays to all !

Mathuin

Provide Relative-Value or Die Trying
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
360%
Dec 20, 2020
Belfast, Northern Ireland

BD64

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
218%
Jul 26, 2017
Denver, CO
Having more conversations. Been working from home over the past ~2 years and I've realized that I'm not talking to nearly enough people anymore. My network is closer to contracting than expanding.

Part of this effort is actually being much more active and engaged on the forum like I was when I had first joined. Beyond that joining toastmasters, going to lots of local REI/small business meetups, finding times for 1-1s with coworkers every week, etc.

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
I have a similar goal. What are you doing to achieve this?

What worked best for me in the past was a lot of discomfort, learning new things, and in general trying to grow in as many aspects as possible, particularly in which I feel like it's a huge challenge.

Once I stopped doing that (a lot of discomfort and learning) so often and started defining myself too much by my business (writing) I started losing confidence as my business stopped growing. In some ways, it's a classic case of equating your self worth with your business performance. A terrible mistake.

I also had a traumatic experience that made me extremely fearful of death but also fearful of living, getting very close to a major depression.

So a few weeks ago I started learning how to freedive. It's a HUGE challenge for me with a lot of anxiety, worry, and frustration. But at the same time it provides so much mental stimulation I feel like I'm finally alive again. It also helps to (theoretically) face the prospect of death each time I go underwater.

Yesterday, as detailed in my discomfort thread, I tried paragliding. That also helped me regain some confidence as I had to face something I had been very afraid of (because of another traumatic experience in the past)

I also come up with this idea today:

Thinking of setting up a resilience/discomfort/toughness mastermind.

The idea would basically be sharing with the group stuff that you're scared of (for example speaking a foreign language), feel uncomfortable with (for example water activities), feel it's too hard for you to learn (for example new tech) or that otherwise pushes you to the limits (for example endurance adventures).

The group would provide support, accountability, and would serve as a way to connect with other people who know that practicing discomfort helps excel in life, as explained in my thread GOLD! - MINDSET - My Candid Personal Story on Why You Can Never Take It Easy (An Ode to Discomfort)

Could be a weekly or bi-weekly call or could be a mix of a small online community (Slack or something else) and calls.

Would anyone be interested?

The message seems to resonate a lot as within a couple of hours of posting this I already have 4 people interested (so plus me, that's already 5 people who deep down know that as much as discomfort sucks, it's how you build confidence in yourself).

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Another way to build confidence is to get little wins under your belt.

Get that first reply, comment, click, enquiry, signup, sale, weekly sale, daily sale, etc.

Celebrate each time you level up.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
I'm focusing on developing these general skills:

1. Clarity
2. Organization
3. Focus
4. Discipline
Cool.

Will you make more sales too?

Devampre

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
119%
Jan 6, 2016
Canada
Honestly, last night I had a big realization that there was an easier way to do what I was doing and trying to do. Kind of a slap in the face, but in a good way lol.

This still feels like a double edged sword, but I believe this will allow me to be able to handle even more clients. I will not turn down harder custom projects, but I will definitely raise the price on that type of service as it requires significantly more time and energy.

In 2022, I want to start doing quicker fulfillment and better overall work. I also need to try more things in my business when it comes to my lead generation and marketing efforts. I feel like I'm not always talking with the right kinds of people and I'm definitely not at the level where I get consistent referrals.

eliquid

( Jason Brown )
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
519%
May 29, 2013
Ha @Andy Black , I just realized you and me made very similar post just hours apart ( you first ) and I didn't even realize it till now.

So now that I mentioned in another thread what I'm giving up, I'll tell here what I'm focusing on.

Youtube ( and in general, shooting video and audio )

For many of the same reasons you talk about Andy. I'm looking into all sorts of things with it that will require a couple different channels, but all for the same reasons you have talked about when it comes to people seeing it for years.

WJK

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
256%
Oct 9, 2017
Alaska

What will you focus on next year?
I start on Thanksgiving Day to plan the next year. It's a long process for me that lasts through the holidays. I end with my new goal list on New Year Day. Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday. I take a mental snapshot of how the current year has gone for me. Then I look at where I want to go with my time and energy during the new year. What activities do I want to wrap up? What do I want to add to my life? How can make things work smoother?

Past the basic planning, I take a lot of actions during this season. I work hard at picking up all my "dropped shoes". Those are chores and projects that I have started and have not finished. I really get into problem-solving. I try to clear up and retire my old issues while the rest of the world around me is partying. And I work at organizing my world to allow me to set new priorities. I like to start the new year with less personal and business clutter.

To answer your question – I’m setting up a new business that requires a new professional license. I have passed the required class. Now I am starting to study for the Federal exam.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Youtube ( and in general, shooting video and audio )
Wait what? That's exactly what I'm focusing on now, and want to focus on for 2022!

I've a couple of active threads (trys to keep eliquid in the forum... haha).

And how spooky is that us both creating similar threads about 2022 when it's mid December?

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
I like to start the new year with less personal and business clutter.
Me too! Similarly, eliquid started a thread about giving stuff up for 2022.

CLE

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
112%
Feb 7, 2016
I am stepping out of my comfort zone and taking more risk. Distancing myself from duds and affiliating more with people who are successful. Duds will only bring you down.

Itizn

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
190%
Sep 25, 2019
Colombia
Buying land and constructing my own "off-the-grid" home out in rural Colombia.

Would require close to $100,000.00 USD, rough estimate.

Need to sell some of my clients highest-dollar assets in order to get that plan underway.

G

Guest-5ty5s4

In 2022, I plan to make a rather large leveraged investment, either in real estate or business. I’ve already got some leads on deals.

The goal is top line revenue; no more just playing defense.

I will also dramatically increase my personal productivity, get up earlier, and accomplish more while working, tackling new problems at my job and on my own ventures and become the type of person who can lead the company at the job. That means being more hands-on as well.

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia

What will you focus on next year?
1. More sales for my freelancing
2. Better copywriting chops (especially in white papers...my process was too laggard this year)
3. Mastering options trading strategies
4. Pull up my Mandarin speaking skills to at least a workable level -- already started on some textbooks from the institutions
(since sadly NO family member of mine is willing to help me with this)

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
453%
Mar 15, 2018
Fitness. In particular endurance events (swim/bike/run).

I have an event in September and haven't raced in 2 years... lost my edge. Can't even call myself an athlete at the moment. It's something I look forward to with impatience. And have started already, so it's also not 2022 but will apply to 2022. Big goals, so little time.

Private Witt

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
220%
Feb 20, 2018
Oklahoma
Getting my systems and failsafes in top condition.
This right here for me as well. Overhauling systems for 2022 since late last month. I failed in fail-safes in a critical period of 2021 and working on this too.

Vinz

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
169%
Jun 12, 2021
Getting the best results possible from my sales job, to have money flowing that I can reinvest particularly in foundational skills

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Knowing my life is nearly 2/3rds over, I vow to spend more time relaxing and being grateful of the present moment.

Carlitos

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Jul 13, 2016
New York City
Loosing weight because it plays a big role in being confident. And being confident, will play a big part in being a business owner. Continue to build my business will also be a second thing to continue to focus in growing and possibly rebranding as well.

(I need to update my thread due for a big update)

jstn2907

New Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Dec 10, 2021
Germany
1. Making my first sell online, through providing relative value

2. Achieving these strength values + calisthenics skills
- Squat: 125kg
- DL: 160kg
- BP: 105kg
- Weighted DIP: 55kg
- OHP: 65kg
- Weighted Pull Up: 35kg
---SKILLS:
- Human Flag
- Muscle Up
- Front Lever
- Handstand Push Up
- Back Lever
- Tucked Planche

3. Reading 50 Books (Financial, Selling, Business, Marketing, and mindset)

4. Improving my Norwegian

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.