The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

What will you accomplish in 2019?

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Bump, 1/6th of the year is OVER!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

TLO

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
344%
Jan 1, 2019
1/6 of year gone
Friday, I have decided and will be adding 5th office. 4th opening date set as has the 5th. Excited but alot of work to do. This is the max for now until more HR issues improved. 4th office in summer, 5th in fall.

Eric Flathers

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
174%
Feb 9, 2019
Nomad
Having people post their yearly goals what a great idea. Nothing like a little public accountability to light a fire under people.

1. I'll finish my book by July 17th, by finish I mean a solid draft ready for an editor to take a pass at it.
2. I'll launch my business course with download grids and explainer videos by August 12th. A lot will be based on the book.
3. By year end I'll have posted 50 tip of the day videos on YT and 20 solid longer videos that are more about teaching.
4. I'll learn how to make better FB and IG ads that convert. This will be an ongoing process so it doesn't have an exact completion date.
5. I will serve my clients to the best of my abilities and strive to help them succeed.

Eric Flathers

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
174%
Feb 9, 2019
Nomad
1/6 of year gone
Friday, I have decided and will be adding 5th office. 4th opening date set as has the 5th. Excited but alot of work to do. This is the max for now until more HR issues improved. 4th office in summer, 5th in fall.

Congrats on opening another location!

Drive2Riches

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
188%
Jul 18, 2014
Washington
Bump, 1/6th of the year is OVER!

Here's something I didn't expect to expect for 2019:

Invent something.

I didn't know what 2019 would offer me. But January presented me with a single slice of an idea which I was able to build upon.

2019 is in its third month now. But every time I step back and acknowledge my progress, I'm completely surprised about how much I've been able to accomplish in three months. It's become a time where, when I at some point think a particular step might be challenging enough to take me a week to accomplish, I put my mind to it and knock down a technical or conceptual barrier in a day.

I'm living in a little bit of a feedback loop right now. To make more money, I've got to repeat what I do more quickly. Make things take less time to finish. This is what sparked the invention/product/service. It's something I would use because it's extremely valuable for my time and it would make my life easier. I know everything about the outcome of the process/product and its results, so it's a matter of building the guts of it now.

All I needed was a whiff of an idea and that came from a seemingly mundane yet unique customer request.

ExaltedLife

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
206%
Nov 10, 2015
Never saw this before.

1. Finish writing and publish my first novel(la).
2. Hustle until I sell 10,000 copies. Keep hustling.
3. Write and self publish a full length novel.
4. Hustle until I sell 10,000 copies. Keep hustling.

D

Deleted65172

Always so interesting to see what other people are working towards! Shows the wide range of businesses and goals people have. Inspiring as well, of course!
As far as I'm concerned, I've got the progress thread started but in short:
-I will publish non fiction and fiction books (all self published). Aiming for 10 total.
-I will start a profitable art business
-I will end the year with different income streams, some of which scalable and some passive.

On a more personal level:
-I will read at least 50 books
-I will continue to study Japanese
-I will travel.
-I will exercise regularly

Deun

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
43%
Mar 6, 2019
Montreal, Canada
Well, after joining this forum
-I will join a gym
-I will join a toastmasters club
-I will pick a business idea and make a prototype or/and build a web site, and create an entity
-I will finish TMF
-I will read Unscripted first, and many more books

2019 will look like a busy year

SteveO

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
456%
Jul 24, 2007
Retire. Listed the golf course for sale. Will have lots subdivided and up for sale. Searching for a good location for a summer cabin.

CrimsonNight

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
176%
Dec 4, 2017
SWEDEN
A bit late here...

Continue to gain a bit more muscle by lifting weights.
I will try to get my first 100 sales this year with my newly started e-commerce business.

It is definitely not an impressive number and I hope to be able to surpass it. It is going to be a lot easier to spend more time on the business and grow it after I graduate from high school.

I will try my best.

Shri Kanase

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
97%
Feb 19, 2019
By January 1st, 2020, I wish to accomplish the following:
  • Grow my Youtube channel to 15,000 subs (currently at 3.1k)
  • Gain more consistency in my main eCommerce website in terms of sales - preferably at 30k/mo (Currently, most of sales occur in Jan & Feb, which is $100k+)
  • Open at least 1 new eCommerce website in a different niche
  • Market my personal brand more effectively including my course to get at least $5k/mo
  • Market my mentoring/consulting service for eCom to get at least 5 students per month at $500/mo or 3 students at $1k+(one time fee)
  • Attend at least 2 marketing seminars

ItsAJackal

Bronze Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Oct 16, 2018
Actually settle on one business idea and take a step in that direction. Instead of hopping from idea to idea with zero execution. I've had about 6-7 different "how about this?" type ideas and it fades before the week is out.

Also, I want to see abs for the first time. Mine...to be clear.

QuikCoin

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
375%
Feb 14, 2015
Hold a Minimum Monthly Sales of 10k in my Painting Company.

Hit 200k Gross for the Year.

Join 2 Different RE Investment Groups, and take an active position in one.

Flip one house and House Hack one for myself (Duplex).

-On Pace to finish this month with 15k Sold and Produced.

-Joined 3 RE Groups, Quit 2, Found one great one and will be attending monthly.

-Found a deal on two properties and will be putting them under contract this Friday.

To Do: Set bigger goals.

Visionary96

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Oct 23, 2018
Torquay, United Kingdom
- Explore most of Australia and South East Asia.
- Get down to 9% bodyfat.
- Do the PADI scuba diving courses.
- Read more.

Perhaps not the most fastlane goals but whilst travelling/backpacking for a year, its not really an appropriate time to launch a company in my opinion.

Brian Suh

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
May 19, 2018
Grow my IG following
Build my modeling portfolio
Travel to London
Learn a new lanuage (japanese or spanish)

Dylan in Africa

Worldwide Educator
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
175%
Aug 25, 2017
Planet Earth
Run a 5K each and every day. Listen to over 180 hrs of audiobooks while doing so.

79/365 ... a rewarding test of discipline and daily sacrifice. Something special about a nonstop runner's high. Highly recommended habit!

Last edited:
G

Guest61362

• Decrease monthly consumer spending by 15% (950 to 780 EUR p/m average) by June. Have to pay off some gadgets and cancel a couple of subscriptions.
  • Flip over my negative net worth (-2300 EUR to +2500) by June. I have a job and the debt is insured for a case of losing it.
  • Have additional 500 EUR/m from internet activity I control (a hustle with number of clients, an e-comm, etc) by Dec.
  • Figure out 1 or a group of new skills by solving a real problem - my own, clients or simply at job (according to this by @lowtek) – every day.

Debt free since March 15 2019!

Last edited by a moderator:

Jon Rad

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
159%
Jan 29, 2019
Germany Hessen
  1. Get in the ring with Business (bringing a business to market)
  2. Learn to Programming fundementals of: (Html, Css, Java, Python.)
  3. Learn to Speak on camera (i can talk into a mic but thats a different story)
  4. Learn 1 new Language (spanish)
  5. fck a hot chick (hey i missed out on alot of that before, leave me)

Andy Daniels

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
206%
May 29, 2017
Oregon
  • Have $10k in the bank by April (ACHIEVED)
  • Land 10 new clients with a combined $6k gross monthly revenue by June
  • 10x that last goal so it scares the sh*t out of me a bit more
  • Summit South Sister (mountain peak in Oregon) by end of Summer

Not Most People

"If everyone else is doing it, its probably wrong"
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
265%
Jan 28, 2019
Scottsdale, AZ
By the end of 2019 I want to:
  • Take my online marketing agency to 10K+/month in revenue
  • Transition from a one man show to having a team of 3 VA's
  • Travel to 3 new countries
  • Pay off at least 10K in Credit Card Debt
  • Launch a blog/vlog and create a dedicated tribe of 5K+ people
  • Attend 2 specific seminars
  • Have read 2 new books/month

mercenariez

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Jan 20, 2019
- $25K in Savings (=~500 sales of my product)

In all honesty though, this goal is really just a best case scenario for the year. Worst case scenario would be like 50 sales probably (already at around 20 though after a few days, plus I had to cap orders since I’m still working on the production method for larger quantities).

MJ’s Fastlane Daily really allowed me to see how the daily to do list connects to the annual goal, which also unforunately made me realize that there’s a good chance I won’t complete all the steps required to get 500 sales by new year’s eve, but I at least do have an idea of what it would take to get there (might end up being accomplished by sometime in 2020 instead, but we’ll see).

Moreso than raw sales numbers, I really started the business to achieve goals related to meeting customer needs. However, since sales is such an important figure for growth, I have no choice but to set it as the primary benchmark.

alekssiht

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
74%
Mar 15, 2019
Estonia
So this ia the year 1 take the first step towards my dream. Opening a business and getting to know the process. In addition, breaking my bad habit/addiction, call it as you like, from stimulant abuse. Got myself in this crap, will get myself out.

Hope you all achive your goals or get a good lesson and be smarter the next time!
Love to the fastlane community

jwhanke

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
193%
Mar 26, 2018
Akron, OH
Q1 - Study and Pass the PE Exam to receive my Professional Engineering License (Having my license allows more flexibility and option to preform individual engineering consulting.)
Q2- Analyze three properties daily (focusing on opportunity zones) to move towards purchasing my second multifamily property. Send offer’s to sellers based on the area and numbers.
Q3 & Q4 – Not close enough to pick major goal.
Yearly – Read 30 Books, workout three times a week, meditate every day, create the habit of waking up at 6.
upload_2019-5-16_20-2-27.png
Just got the Results for my Q1 goal and officially have my PE License!

Q2 - Have been slacking on this goal. My agent has set up with my criteria for the two neighborhoods I'm looking to buy and the types of rentals there (all near opportunity zones). I haven't analyzed any properties yet, which I've clearly been slacking. I adjusted to seven a week because I'm looking at very specific areas to purchase.

Q3 - Depending on Q2, I may refocus on E-Commerce Selling in Q3. I learned the platform last year and did some light Retail Arbitrage but that not sustainable for me. I am going to focus on ad word to bring some products to people they can't find. Gaining online skills could be applicable in whatever value opportunity I find (whether its engineering consulting, E-Commerce, RE, Etc.)

Yearly -
Have Read 10/30 books

Worked out three times a week 13/18 weeks 72% (don't feel this is accurate because I am bad at marking on my chart after I run. I was able to find four days unmarked on my chart just by checking back through my daily journal. I am going to be more conscious of marking it).

Meditated 131/134 days - 97.76%

Create the Habit of waking up - I was doing really poorly on this goal at about 16%. After I read the book When by Daniel Pink and Why we Sleep by Mathew Walker I decided to remove this goal from my yearly list. I decided to refocus on getting 8 hours of sleep consistently. (rationalizing abandoning the goal haha)

I also have almost finished Learning how to learn on Coursera (highly recommend!)

I also decided to add my FIRE ratio as another indicator for my yearly goals. Due to the labor market I'm in, skilled labor is hard to come by. I plan to gain enough skills to leverage remote and part time work. The main thing I'm constantly aware of is not having the golden handcuffs. I am well prepared if I got fired tomorrow, which would probably be a blessing in disguise.

To anyone that read all that I appreciate your time and thanks for the positive momentum!

LaraJF

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
258%
Apr 1, 2017
Silicon Valley, California
Congratulations on the PE! (my BS is EE and my ME friends went from struggling EIT to sweating the PE). It's more major than you think.

And I agree a good night's sleep is so important. I can survive most everything if I've slept well.

How is meditation working out for you? I have no patience for it. I'll "meditate" when I go out walking but I can't just sit there.

MetalGear

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
258%
Jan 24, 2017
Narnia
  • Finish first investment property by February 2019
    • Find, screen, and sign a tenant by March 2019
  • Decide on the SaaS or E-commerce venture by April 2019
    • Launch by September 2019
  • Find a new hobby and develop 4 new friends by June 2019
  • BJJ Blue Belt by December 2019
  • Down to 165lbs @ 12% body fat by December 2019
  • Learn one song on the guitar by December 2019

I am taking a look at this again to keep myself on track.

I have not decided on e-commerce vs SaaS, it actually looks like I will be doing another REI flip.

I hope everyone is doing well and is on track.

Tossek

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
May 5, 2019
Germany
1. Write a book
2. Make an Audiobook out of it as well
3. Change my job to a less demanding one
4. Find a business idea and test it :)
5. write on my blog at least each 2 weeks an post (so far worked!)
6. Rework the blog content from the things I learned from the educational course on project leading
7. Make a week relaxing holidays in a foreign country :)

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.