The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

What type of work do you routinely need for your ecommerce store?

T0b3n

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Aug 10, 2018
Looking to create a shopify app service + WordPress plugin for e-commerce store owners. What task(not necessarily limited to your website) do you find yourself doing routinely for your business? that you would appreciate being able to solve in let's say, a shopify app.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

DragoonDB

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
244%
Oct 17, 2018
Looking to create a shopify app service + WordPress plugin for e-commerce store owners. What task(not necessarily limited to your website) do you find yourself doing routinely for your business? (design, copy etc.) that you would appreciate being able to solve in let's say, a shopify app.

What work have you done thus far? What feedback have you received OUTSIDE of this forum?
  • I talked with X people, and they told me...
  • I tried Y, and I learned...
  • I networked, and was able to earn $Z
The issue I have thus far is - after looking at your 5 posts - every one (except your intro) is a question to the forum. I don't see any instances where you've commented on another post, provided feedback on what you've done or engaged in any way.

You have an intro, one question thread (very much like this thread), a poll and now this.

I'm under no belief that I add value like the elder statesmen of this forum, but I do notice a troubling trend of you asking, but never looking to provide value.

If I'm off on my above statements, feel free to correct. If other members believe I'm being too harsh on this thread, they can let me know.

As it stands, I'd take some time off of taking, and spend some time giving. Just my two cents.

T0b3n

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Aug 10, 2018
What work have you done thus far? What feedback have you received OUTSIDE of this forum?
  • I talked with X people, and they told me...
  • I tried Y, and I learned...
  • I networked, and was able to earn $Z
The issue I have thus far is - after looking at your 5 posts - every one (except your intro) is a question to the forum. I don't see any instances where you've commented on another post, provided feedback on what you've done or engaged in any way.

You have an intro, one question thread (very much like this thread), a poll and now this.

I'm under no belief that I add value like the elder statesmen of this forum, but I do notice a troubling trend of you asking, but never looking to provide value.

If I'm off on my above statements, feel free to correct. If other members believe I'm being too harsh on this thread, they can let me know.

As it stands, I'd take some time off of taking, and spend some time giving. Just my two cents.

Hey, I do hear you and understand why you feel that way. I'm just starting out with business and I am trying to create value to build something and learn as I go which is why I ask because people on this forum have been quite helpful to me before. I started an agency but I am currently trying to pivot into something else that can be valuable on a much larger scale. I plan on updating people on what I will be doing every step of the way.

I have spoken to several people in real life and on other forums too (facebook, reddit etc,). I have gotten some valuable feedback from each platform with very diverse experiences regarding how they run their stores, there are still commonalities. I'm willing to help people, my growing skillset may not be adequate (at least this is my perception). I have a notebook where I write everything I learn along throughout the process and do plan on sharing. I guess my tunnel vision on getting qualitative feedback may affect my interactions on here.

I'll restart this interaction.

Is there any way I can help you and you could help me? Is there anything about my experience that would be valuable to you?

Last edited:

Xeon

All Cars Kneel Before Pagani.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore
There are some gaps in terms of plugins for both Shopify and Wordpress.
There's also some plugins currently on the market which fulfils these gaps but they don't do the job well enough.

Shopify:
1) I don't know if there's a cache plugin as good as WP Rocket or W3 Total Cache for Shopify, but the last I checked some years back, there doesn't seem to be any. Maybe it's due to Shopify's proprietory platform which limits things. This is why if you use GTMetrix and test various Shopify stores on it, their page speed/Yslow and other variables are anywhere from D to F grades.
Maybe this is not an issue for Shopify owners because I notice Shopify shops load really fast.

2) A plugin equivalent to Elementor, but for Shopify. The best one I've tried so far is Shogun, but even it doesn't come anywhere close to Elementor.

Wordpress:
1) A really strong and comprehensive plugin that can customize the F*ck out of WooCommerce's appearance.
In order to customize the look and feel of Woocommerce, I've installed 8 - 9 different plugins just to achieve what I want. E.g: change the "In Stock" text
WooCommerce's default layout is ugly and looks early 2000s as hell, it's a wonder why there isn't more plugins to change that. Plus, the Cart and Checkout page are hard to customize unless you engage a developer to go deep in.

2) Speaking of WooCommerce, it's amazing there isn't an equally good alternative (the "alternatives" out there are not as good as it, despite WooCommerce having serious drawbacks like being notoriously slow and laggy)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.