The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

What to do with my domain name?

Remove ads while supporting the Unscripted philosophy...become an INSIDER.

Crissco

Bronze Contributor
Read Millionaire Fastlane
Aug 3, 2015
New York
I just bought a pretty good domain. AttractSingles.com - Ive actually been in the dating niche for many years now(PUA) just never did much with it besides coaching. I need opinions on what you would do with the domain if you had it. Should I make it blog where i give advice and sell courses? Should I make it an event like speed dating meet up?

Not sure, all opinions welcome.

Thanks

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

OP
OP
C

Crissco

Bronze Contributor
Aug 3, 2015
New York
Also just a heads up. The domain is live with three blog posts up and the courses, podcasts..etc pages are a coming soon page with a lead capture forum. Any other opinions are welcome if I should change the website to something that could be more profitable for me.

Eskil

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Jul 18, 2012
Scottsdale, AZ
You could always sell it to this guy; https://www.thefastlaneforum.com/community/threads/the-well-defined-man-authentic-attraction.79804/unread
;)

But no, joking aside - if you're gonna go based on the connotation of the name itself, to me it leans more towards dating tips and advice rather than for events or meetups. I know you know this but a domain name is just that - a name - and really only worth what is hosted on it (content + value).

To decide what you should do with it, think of how you best can create and provide value for that audience based on what you are good at. Seems like a course / coaching might be your thing so I would spend time building that out.

MJ DeMarco

Administrator
Staff member
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Jul 23, 2007
Fountain Hills, AZ
So you want to target a market and build a business based on a domain you own? Isn't this a little backward? Like saying, "I own a rake and a lawnmower, should I start a landscape business?"

OP
OP
C

Crissco

Bronze Contributor
Aug 3, 2015
New York
You could always sell it to this guy; https://www.thefastlaneforum.com/community/threads/the-well-defined-man-authentic-attraction.79804/unread
;)

But no, joking aside - if you're gonna go based on the connotation of the name itself, to me it leans more towards dating tips and advice rather than for events or meetups. I know you know this but a domain name is just that - a name - and really only worth what is hosted on it (content + value).

To decide what you should do with it, think of how you best can create and provide value for that audience based on what you are good at. Seems like a course / coaching might be your thing so I would spend time building that out.
Yes agreed, thats the route im going actually, creating courses, quizzes, coaching..etc, providing value to people that struggle / have problems in the dating niche...Thanks for the response man

So you want to target a market and build a business based on a domain you own? Isn't this a little backward? Like saying, "I own a rake and a lawnmower, should I start a landscape business?"
Well I look at it like this, i'm not going to buy a domain example: GingerBread, and make it a dating blog. I can, but in my honest opinion its best to have the domain name match up to what you are going to sell, Like "NetFlix" as another example. But look at godaddy, it's an example of not having a domain name that matches up to what they are selling, and it really doesn't make much of a difference if you do or don't, just my personal preference to have it match up...Thanks for the response MJ

On a side note, what does everything think of the look of the website?

Primeperiwinkle

Platinum Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Nov 30, 2018
*snort

I’m suspicious.

LMFAO.

Eskil

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Jul 18, 2012
Scottsdale, AZ
On a side note, what does everything think of the look of the website?
Looks like you don't have Google Analytics or a Facebook pixel installed on the site. I would get those on there asap to understand your visitor behavior better, and possibly take advantage of retargeting later.

OP
OP
C

Crissco

Bronze Contributor
Aug 3, 2015
New York
*snort

I’m suspicious.

LMFAO.
LOL why? Its a dating blog.

Looks like you don't have Google Analytics or a Facebook pixel installed on the site. I would get those on there asap to understand your visitor behavior better, and possibly take advantage of retargeting later.
I do have analytics installed, not FB pixel, im not running FB ads yet.

Edit: Thanks for reminding me, Analytics was on the landing page I had.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Sponsored Offers

FEATURED! Introducing... WEALTH EXPO$ED, A Short Story By MJ DeMarco
Got it several weeks ago and have listened to it several times now. I've definitely met both...
MARKETPLACE Fox' Web School's "Legend" Group Coaching Program 2020
For those with the "can web design be Fastlane" question this video by @MJ DeMarco is a great...
MARKETPLACE You Are One Call Away From Living Your Dream Life - LightHouse’s Accountability Program ⚡
Just got off the phone with @LightHouse. Having just a 45 minute conversation with him has...
MARKETPLACE Kill Bigger Incubator
@Kak Out of curiosity, what types of businesses are you advising on? (I read this whole thread...
MARKETPLACE Lex DeVille's - Advanced Freelance Udemy Courses!
Just bought 5 of your Upwork courses. Thanks for making valuable content Lex!
MARKETPLACE Grow Your Business With a Book (An Unorthodox Marketing Strategy That Built One of the Largest...
Thanks for your offer to look at my book. Here's the link to the squeeze page Buy The Prosperous...

Forum Sponsor

sponsor

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Top Bottom