The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

What Spending $252,000 On Conversion Rate Optimization Taught Me

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
149%
Oct 20, 2012
Neil Patel is the co-founder of 2 Internet companies:Crazy Egg and KISSmetrics. Through his entrepreneurial career he has helped large corporations such as Amazon, AOL, GM, HP and Viacom make more money from the web. By the age of 21 not only was he named one of the top influencers on the web according to the Wall Street Journal, but he was also named one of the top entrepreneurs in the nation by Entrepreneur Magazine. He has also been recognized as a top 100 entrepreneur under the age of 30 by President Obama. Neil has also received Congressional Recognition from the U.S. House of Representatives for his work in the nonprofit sector.

READ THE ARTICLE HERE

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

LightHouse

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Aug 13, 2007
Northern VA
Your link gets a bit screwed up there.

I like this article, particularly the part about not wasting time on Multi Variate tests. So tired of seeing people that want to change button colors on a site that makes $100/mo. It's such a waste of time

The-J

Dog Dad
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
265%
Aug 28, 2011
Ontario
I don't get Lesson 4. Why not do multivariate tests? He doesn't really explain his reasoning very well, just that he didn't get good results. His lack of good results could stem from anything.

Other than that, great article.

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
149%
Oct 20, 2012

I like this article, particularly the part about not wasting time on Multi Variate tests. So tired of seeing people that want to change button colors on a site that makes $100/mo. It's such a waste of time

Sorted ! Thanks :)

Eskil

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
418%
Jul 18, 2012
Scottsdale, AZ
I agree with this for small sites where you're not talking about significant revenue. However...

I don't get Lesson 4. Why not do multivariate tests? He doesn't really explain his reasoning very well, just that he didn't get good results. His lack of good results could stem from anything.

Yes - I also think multivariates have their place when more money is at stake. I have seen myself how split-testing bits and pieces of the page and ending up with a "best combo" really did show optimal results.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

LightHouse

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Aug 13, 2007
Northern VA

I agree with this for small sites where you're not talking about significant revenue. However...

Yes - I also think multivariates have their place when more money is at stake. I have seen myself how split-testing bits and pieces of the page and ending up with a "best combo" really did show optimal results.

Right for 90% + of sites, it is a waste of time. You are going for larger net increases in change. To do multi-variate testing you not only need a very large data set, but you need a team that knows what to do with the day and quantify it into action. It is a lot more complex to do it correctly than most assume. If you are a big time company like walmart or amazon, then it makes sense to toss resources at it. But for 90% of people A/B will get you where you need to go and is much similar to understand and complete.

Even still, most of the time people are trying to A/B test something without significant traffic or data. Which is also time wasted that would be better spent growing the company or marketing.

Elmchei

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Nov 3, 2012

I like this article, particularly the
car accessories about not wasting time on Multi Variate tests. So tired of seeing people that want to change button colors on a site that makes $100/mo. It's such a waste of time
Yes article is very useful and it helps in developing new thoughts

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.