• The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  1. Join 40,000+ entrepreneurs
    who are kicking butt and
    winning their dream life.

Unscripted™ Entrepreneurship:
    A Business That Pays More Than Money, It Pays Time.

"Fastlane" is an entrepreneur discussion forum based on The Unscripted Entrepreneurial Framework (TUNEF) outlined in the two best-selling books by MJ DeMarco (The Millionaire Fastlane and UNSCRIPTED™). From multimillionaires to digital nomads, the forum features real entrepreneurs creating real businesses.

Download (Unscripted) Download (Millionaire Fastlane)  Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

What should be best investment decision.

Discussion in 'Investing/Trading/Cryptocurrency/Altcoins' started by SheikhNaveed, Jan 21, 2018.

1. SheikhNaveed

SheikhNaveed New Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $17
    What should be wise investment? Property or Crypto? While property is paying you $180 as monthly rental income. Investment is $35000. I own property worth $35000 and thinking to sell in order to invest in crypto?

2. JScott

JScott Legendary Contributor FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR

Rep Bank:
    $41,297
    If crypto is paying you $35,000 a month, I think that's definitely the right choice.

Of course, I've heard that a lottery ticket can pay you $100,000,000 in one day, so maybe that's a better choice than crypto or real estate?

On a more serious note, if you have to ask this question, I would seriously recommend that you take all of your money, stick it in a CD and start learning about investing. Anyone who would ask whether real estate or crypto is a better investment isn't yet ready to start investing.

One day, you'll come back to this post, and you'll understand why I'm saying what I'm saying. Until that day, leave your money in the CD...

EDIT: Btw, I invest a lot of money in both real estate and crypto. My point above wasn't that there's an obvious right answer to your question -- it's that your question is just a really horrible question... It's like asking, "What should I do this weekend, go to the movies or breathe?"

Eleven, WJK, Iammelissamoore and 2 others like this.
  3. jpmartin

jpmartin Jedi Master I've Read UNSCRIPTED

Rep Bank:
    $275
    That's about a 6% yield annualized assuming you don't have any debt on that.

No the difference between Cash Flow, Investment & Speculation. Your property is providing you a cashflow, if it wasn't rented you could say it was an investment. Cryptos are speculation, unless you believe you can collect a better yield for them (you can by lending either your fiat or cryptos to the exchange for a yield).

rogainer likes this.
  4. justonemore

justonemore Contributor Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $411
    Just my opinion, but I would only put a small amount of play money in crypto. Instead of buying a new TV, maybe use that money for crypto. But don't sell real assets to buy it....

Crypto is a bet. It's not an investment.

jon.a likes this.
  5. Daniel...D

Daniel...D Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $206
    Well at the moment, crypto is very popular. But I'm still afraid of it...

6. mrarcher

mrarcher Silver Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,773
    I think you should change the word invest to gamble and then ask yourself the same question.

rogainer likes this.
  7. rogainer

rogainer 10 2 10 FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,803
    I usually shy away from crypto discussions because they turn into gong shows. But you guys know what's going on. Great advice.

8. ZCP

ZCP Legendary Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR

Rep Bank:
    $19,739
    Use your profits from rental income to invest in crypto.....

9. ZCP

ZCP Legendary Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR

Rep Bank:
    $19,739
    When you make enough off crypto, buy more property.