The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

What problems do you have on a daily basis?

minivanman

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
265%
Mar 16, 2017
DFW
Bluetooth headphones that are easy, quick and seamless to connect. Is that possible?

I just got a new iPhone Saturday and my Chinese $25 bluetooth headphones hooked right up in about 15 seconds. They have hooked right up with every phone I've ever had. Can't beat them for $25.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Bearcorp

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
237%
Jul 2, 2012
Australia
Back when I was 18 I was all set up to go in to the military. We had talked and talked for months and they promised that I would be a helicopter pilot.... 3 days before I was to go to basic, they said.... well, we can't PROMISE that you will be a helicopter pilot but you can apply for it. I told him to shove it and forgot about that idea. Probably a good thing as I am not one to follow orders very well and I'm 100% certain I would have ended up in the brig. So, I doubt the military would have taught me anything except what the inside of a jail cell looked like.

Similar experience at 17, I was planning on doing my plumbing apprenticeship through the Army, I canned the idea when I found out that I had to commit the same amount of time as a tradesman as I did an apprentice, IE apprenticeships was 3.5 - 4 years, so in total I would need to serve 8 years before I came home.

Interestingly I worked with a tradesman who had done his apprenticeship with the army, he was a very bitter angry dude, don't think he liked being told what to do either. Wasn't much of a plumber haha

Sorry to derail the thread.. actually no I'm not.
I got 99 problems but sharing them with a random on this forum so he can come up with a business idea ain't 1.

D

Deleted50669

Back when I was 18 I was all set up to go in to the military. We had talked and talked for months and they promised that I would be a helicopter pilot.... 3 days before I was to go to basic, they said.... well, we can't PROMISE that you will be a helicopter pilot but you can apply for it. I told him to shove it and forgot about that idea. Probably a good thing as I am not one to follow orders very well and I'm 100% certain I would have ended up in the brig. So, I doubt the military would have taught me anything except what the inside of a jail cell looked like.
fair point

Charnell

Block me if you're a quack
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
276%
Oct 12, 2014
Kansas City
lol

YoungPadawan

Miles to go before I sleep
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
280%
Nov 7, 2015
I hate scraping ice off my windshield.

I get tempted during the evenings to eat junk food.

I hate burning a ton of gas and the wear and tear on my car everyday.

I hate cleaning my house.

I don't like going to the grocery store. I would love having someone deliver groceries to me.

There, that should get you started on something. Get an INSIDERS subscription and there's a bunch of ideas that need executioner's in a thread on the inside.

G

Guest931Xfjyx

I hate scraping ice off my windshield.

I get tempted during the evenings to eat junk food.

I hate burning a ton of gas and the wear and tear on my car everyday.

I hate cleaning my house.

I don't like going to the grocery store. I would love having someone deliver groceries to me.

There, that should get you started on something. Get an INSIDERS subscription and there's a bunch of ideas that need executioner's in a thread on the inside.

Exactly the sort of response I was looking for.

Thank you.

SquatchMan

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
383%
Dec 27, 2016
Nowhere
Here's one.

I'm an American living abroad. All my bank accounts and financial stuff requires 2 factor authorization via SMS to access. This means I have to have my mom or dad get the code and send it to me. Pain in the butt since I live 12 time zones away.

(Most banks aren't compatible with Google Authenticator or Authy 2FA, so I can't use that.)

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
Here's one.

I'm an American living abroad. All my bank accounts and financial stuff requires 2 factor authorization via SMS to access. This means I have to have my mom or dad get the code and send it to me. Pain in the butt since I live 12 time zones away.

(Most banks aren't compatible with Google Authenticator or Authy 2FA, so I can't use that.)
Weird.

My country has 2 factor authentication as well. But you typically give them your phone number when you register with the bank, so they send the codes to your phone. Even my university does the same thing whenever I log in to my online account for grades or assignments.

These mechanisms are nit even tied to Google or Authy. They build their own private systems.

Does your bank stuff work like this? If so, maybe you need to change phone numbers.

I'm actually happy myself with 2-factor authorization. You keep the scammers out if they got even one scrap of your personal info.

SquatchMan

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
383%
Dec 27, 2016
Nowhere
Weird.

My country has 2 factor authentication as well. But you typically give them your phone number when you register with the bank, so they send the codes to your phone. Even my university does the same thing whenever I log in to my online account for grades or assignments.

These mechanisms are nit even tied to Google or Authy. They build their own private systems.

Does your bank stuff work like this? If so, maybe you need to change phone numbers.

I'm actually happy myself with 2-factor authorization. You keep the scammers out if they got even one scrap of your personal info.

Works the same. I had it tied to a US # (mine), but my US # does not work in Vietnam so I had to switch it to my dad's #. I can't use an international # either.

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
Works the same. I had it tied to a US # (mine), but my US # does not work in Vietnam so I had to switch it to my dad's #. I can't use an international # either.
Hmmm.

You might want to get a local number then. Will take some time, but won't cost a bomb, depending on your package.

Does your American bank have branches in Vietnam?

If your bank is in Vietnam, you might try visiting the officer or firing an email. I was trawling the expat forums for an answer, but I found zilch. Weird. What do they use...Paypal?:happy:If not, you might want to consider an American-friendly Southeast Asian bank, and do your money stuff from there. The bank that I use regularly, Maybank, has a branch there.

Roli

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
Jun 3, 2015
I don't have the discipline to turn off my computer. I don't take pills. I don't have the discipline to give the money to someone so I won't spend it; and if I did, I'd just take it from another place I have money. lol I'd call the trainer and tell them not to come.... probably every day. We have my old cleaning company cleaning for us but no one touches my desk except me. I know I need help but I'm too stubborn to get it.... what can you do for me?

You don't need discipline to turn off the computer, you simply do as @JLE said and download a website blocking app. Do it while you're feeling particularly down about wasting time online. Then feed all those sites into the app, and before you know it you'll spend less time on them.

The money part doesn't need discipline either, just an initial spark of motivation (similar to the one that got you to write these problems down in the first place). Simply open up an account with restricted access and then direct debit some monthly cash into it.

You won't actually tell the trainer to stop coming, because that creates more cognitive load than simply doing it. Alternatively you can commit to two minutes of exercise a day, before long it will become a habit and you'll be exercising for much longer.

With your desk, start paying attention to what you do when you approach it. Do you turn on the computer? Set down your coffee? Whatever it is, tidy up ONE thing as soon as you do this.

Then look at other habits you have throughout the day, and start to attach the things you want to do, to the things you automatically do. This way you will eventually use your stubbornness as a weapon.

Lastly buy and read Atomic Habits where most of these concepts come from, it's a game changer.

Roli

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
Jun 3, 2015
Can't workout why the OP is getting so much flak for this thread... Give him a break guys, he is displaying a fastlane attitude.

Timmy C

I Will Not Stop!
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
230%
Jun 12, 2018
Melbourne, Australia
Can't workout why the OP is getting so much flak for this thread... Give him a break guys, he is displaying a fastlane attitude.

True shows his mindsets in the right place, cheeky dog haha.

NuclearPuma

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
222%
May 3, 2015
The urge to sleep.

How can I get energized on 5 hours sleep instead of 8?

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
He's doing it in a very poor way, and one that exudes laziness. Asking such an open-ended question doesn't require a forum like this -- he could start talking to random people on the bus if his criteria is simply, "Tell me every single problem you have, big or small."

Now, we could humor him, spend a bunch of time laying out all the problems that he could already figure out that we have, and then have him disappear when he realizes that he didn't get anything useful from us. But, some of us would prefer the "tough love" approach of calling out his laziness and lack of effort.

Just my $.02, of course...
THIS.

Thank you for saying what needs to be said.

MTEE1985

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
425%
Jun 12, 2018
Arizona
I believe his heart was in the right place but like @JScott said, the OP just looked lazy and the perception is “give me ideas”

Contrast that to the OP here:
NOTABLE! - 100 Unsexy Business Ideas: Name as many as you can!

and it’s easy to understand the forums negative response to this thread.

Now, on to my problems. (Not specific to this thread)

I can’t ignore individual threads on Xenforo software.

I can’t go back in time and unread things I have read.

When I ignore users it makes threads confusing.

Last edited:

young rebel

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
32%
Jan 4, 2019
He is basically asking us to "scratch our own itch"and there is nothing wrong with that
It doesn't matter if your problem is as large as an existential crisis or as small as small as the sugar ants that somehow keep getting into your kitchen.

What problems do you personally have on a daily basis? What would make your life less annoying right now? What would make your life easier? What do you wish you didn't have to do? What are you oftentimes too lazy to do and wish could just be done automatically? What do you wish did more than it currently does right now?

Try and list as many problems as you possibly can but at least specify 3 problems you have almost every day.

Sent from my Redmi Y1 Lite using Tapatalk

MaxKhalus

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
119%
Jun 7, 2018
Spain
My problem? Not having enough reviews in my product so I can start running PPC and make it with FBA business. Sure someone could help with that.

Regardless of that, I'll be here trying to solve your needs too, why not.

• nikita •

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
270%
Aug 24, 2017
London
Crippling social anxiety. If I have to go anywhere where there's gonna be a lot of socializing (party, work meeting) I dose up on meds till I can't feel anything. Only happens once or twice a month so not physically addictive, but the feeling of not feeling anxiety is the best thing in the world. This is my biggest problem, what I would do to remove it completely. I've done multiple rounds of CBT and somewhat improved it but I figure I'll always have it to some extent. It's even more painful given that I actually like going out and remember what it's like to be "normal".

All of my other problems stem from that. Anything else I can think of, I can find a solution to.

Jonathan Hoch

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
198%
Jan 17, 2019
I just wish there was someone out there who could tell me what my problem is, and then conveniently convince me to buy a solution that would include a lambo, a 6,000 sq/ft mansion in San Clemente, and maybe also

DangerousDave

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
86%
Apr 12, 2018
Upper Peninsula, MI
Hmm. . .

1) Im super forgetful. ie. Take the garbage out because the garbage man comes the following morning, and I forget to take up the can.
2) I want to work remotely (and from a technical standpoint I could), but my employer wont let me because they're scared of remoting.
3) I have to go to work, because (so far) I suck at building my side hustle.
4) Not enough time w/ my family.
5) Not enough time to work on stuff I want to (like my jeep), because I spend what spare time I have on my family. :)
6) Lenovo put a Fn key where the Ctrl key should be, so anytime I have just my laptop it drives me insane.
7) My phone battery dies too quickly.
8) Im losing my hair and I dont like it.
9) I took Cipro and now I think I have a torn rotor cuff (Cipro can cause tendon and similar tissue ruptures). It bugs me all the time.

B. Cole

In thine hand is power and might.
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
328%
Mar 5, 2017
East Coast
Don’t know how anybody that breathes on planet earth can be short on ideas for obvious problems to solve.

I’ve spent a good amount of time in factories lately, and I can tell you that most of the products being made, while they are solving problems, need more work. I’m also dumbfounded by some of the seemingly useless or redundant “me too” stuff coming out of factories by the truckload, and am convinced that there is a market of some size for damn near anything.

@JLE - don’t spend too much time in analysis paralysis looking for a perfect problem. Spend more time validating and executing on one.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
My problem? Not having enough reviews in my product so I can start running PPC and make it with FBA business. Sure someone could help with that.

Regardless of that, I'll be here trying to solve your needs too, why not.
Why do you need reviews before you start running PPC?

By PPC do you mean paid search? PPC = Pay Per Click ... it's just a way of buying visitors to your website/page. What channel did you mean?

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
@JLE ... you don't need to ask people what their problems are to start helping people.

Trawl the forum or Facebook groups and listen to what people are stuck on. Then help them.

Here... these might help you:

(See what I did there?)

Johnny boy

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
620%
May 9, 2017
Washington State
I don't like going to the store, why isn't there a "smith brothers" of groceries? If you could deliver eggs, steak and cheese along with my milk that gets delivered directly to my door for a comparable price, I'd stop going to the store 90% of the time.

edit: nevermind, I just checked and they offer other foods too scratch what I said...

Last edited:

MaxKhalus

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
119%
Jun 7, 2018
Spain
Why do you need reviews before you start running PPC?

By PPC do you mean paid search? PPC = Pay Per Click ... it's just a way of buying visitors to your website/page. What channel did you mean?
I mean PPC in FBA is 10x more effective to get sales when you have at least 1 review. I consider that a good way to launch a product and ensure its profitability

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
The OP is getting flak because this forum gets a lot of "drive by" idea-extractors who roll on in and ask the same questions. After a while it gets old -- because we all know exactly what they're doing.

Unless he's looking to provide value in the entrepreneurial space, this approach is better off on a forum where the target audience has no clue what he's doing.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.