The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

What is the #1 must read book to breakthrough in Time Management?

D

Deleted72597

This is a huge issue for me. I feel like I could read all day and never get tired. One real issue for me is, I am constantly having new "ideas" so it's tough for me to focus on pure execution. Have you found a way to tackle this?

A different perspective
I have the exact same experience. However, for now, i don't see this is a problem. I enjoy reading, i enjoy getting ideas, i enjoy exploring those ideas in my mind and on paper. I write all my ideas down with enough description that i understand the concept later on. I am currently working on systemizing all my ideas and planning to scan through them later. It seems to me that this process will make it more likely for me to find one or a couple ideas to "seriously go for" later. I have even found that some of these ideas can work together in passive income machinery or active income machinery.
All roads lead to Rome
I'm currently leaning more towards accepting my own way of doing things. I don't believe there is one recipe for everyone to follow. Some people might need to read those 5 books to get all the knowledge cogs they need to puzzle the machine together, some might already have found their idea, some might need a mentor, some might need a skillset.
Our journies are all different, even if our goals might be similar.
Analyze before adjusting
At least do what other people have mentioned and review how you have spent your time before rushing to change how you spend it. Tracking on paper is awesome, "meditating" for 10 minutes might also do a trick.

Hope this helps.

Nice_home

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Feb 19, 2019
Update: I finished Essentialism and Time Management (the actual book) by Brian Tracy - and I'm about halfway through The Effective Executive. After that, I will work on reading several of the other recommended titles from this chain.

Essentialism: I get it, cutting back on unimportant areas will actually help me cultivate the more important areas of work and life. I think this book was well packaged and helped bring to light a practice I already try to have of cutting back on areas of interest until I really reach a level of “traction” on projects and goals that things start to move forward.

Time Management: This book is money, very short (~95 pages) packed full of tips that can be immediately used.

A big one is that time management goes awry when my internal priorities don't match the external actions I'm taking. This leads to stress and chaos. A huge step that's helped me is just to think, in the early evening, "what do I need to do before bed to be able to sleep peacefully," and then to mentally organize that plan and get it done. Then, right before going to sleep, thinking "what are my top priorities for tomorrow, and how will I fit them all in?" Once that plan is mentally organized, then I am "free" (in terms of peace of mind) to sleep - or rather, to actually rest - since my internal priorities and my external plan of attack are now matching.

Meanwhile, thanks in large part to suggestions on this thread, I’ve been able to hit my time use goals for around 60+ days straight now.

Now, having more control over my time, I’m also trying to tackle how to put my time to the best possible use (when it comes to earning power).

This article struck a chord with me (I didn’t read the book it mentions as of yet, but the concept makes a lot of sense to me): Want to Make $1,000 or More Per Hour?

Any further thoughts on all this?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.