This is a response to Joxmb's recent thread on how much luck is involved, and then he talks about dental school and businesses and stuff.
https://www.thefastlaneforum.com/ge...xactly-how-much-luck-involved.html#post212528
What is luck? What does it mean? How do you get it? Is it an inherent trait? Do you believe in luck? Because I'm sick of people saying 'You gotta get lucky'.
Like the example in MJ's book, someone said Bill Gates got lucky, whereas MJ says that luck didn't build a business, operating systems, selling operating systems and other software, etc. I don't know what to think of 'luck'.
To me, I've always considered luck to be the things that are out of your direct control, e.g. what celebrity buys your product and tells his 1.2 million Twitter followers, or the idea you got from a friend that solved a need, or... I don't even know. What IS out of your direct control? I mean, if you get the flu and miss something that could have been a huge opportunity then was that 'bad luck'?
This is something I'm confused about because I know when people say "You gotta get lucky to get rich" they all have different definitions of lucky.
https://www.thefastlaneforum.com/ge...xactly-how-much-luck-involved.html#post212528
What is luck? What does it mean? How do you get it? Is it an inherent trait? Do you believe in luck? Because I'm sick of people saying 'You gotta get lucky'.
Like the example in MJ's book, someone said Bill Gates got lucky, whereas MJ says that luck didn't build a business, operating systems, selling operating systems and other software, etc. I don't know what to think of 'luck'.
To me, I've always considered luck to be the things that are out of your direct control, e.g. what celebrity buys your product and tells his 1.2 million Twitter followers, or the idea you got from a friend that solved a need, or... I don't even know. What IS out of your direct control? I mean, if you get the flu and miss something that could have been a huge opportunity then was that 'bad luck'?
This is something I'm confused about because I know when people say "You gotta get lucky to get rich" they all have different definitions of lucky.
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Last edited by a moderator:
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
