The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

What is Clubhouse?

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
I keep seeing people talk about it in my Facebook feed. I’m guessing it’s some new social media platform?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
What prompted this thread was reading this in my Facebook feed and seeing an opportunity for people to be authentic and connect with others (and thinking how there’s likely a lot of people searching for “what is clubhouse?” on Google).

B927A3F3-71A0-4118-9FFD-BDEF051BB438.png

TheKingOfMadrid

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
265%
Dec 14, 2020
It's definitely a channel that's worth getting in early with and claiming your brands username.

Something is off with the name for me though, sounds like an early 2000's social-media platform. I'd also need to see if they are going to allow guest browsing.

I can also see the 'user roles' presenting an issue with over zealous moderation teams.

Xeon

All Cars Kneel Before Pagani.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore
Sucks that it's only on iOS.

TheKingOfMadrid

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
265%
Dec 14, 2020
Yeah that's true too, No immediate cross compatibility could be a frustration for Android users.

That said if they can drum the need for it from IOS users enough they will have a massive crowd waiting on Android!

Putt

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
159%
Jan 1, 2020
I've spent the last few days on Clubhouse. Had some valuable conversations from big names in business, VC, entertainment. Invite only so there is a huge community feel & a very spontaneous environment. For 99% of people, it's just another social media platform, listening to notable people talk and (perhaps) getting the opportunity to speak to them. If you've got a network already on the platform willing to introduce to other people, you'll get more out of it.

The real value that most people can't/won't take advantage of is positioning yourself as a 'thought leader'/influencer/guru. It's not Fastlane but I've seen people pick up $100k+ of business in a day just by engaging and speaking.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
I signed up to reserve my username.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I signed up... @MJ DeMarco and promptly got an invite ten minutes later.

BlackSuperman

What Legacy Will You Leave Behind?
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
341%
Sep 6, 2020
United States
One of the members of my accountability group actually posted/talked about this in our Discord. He received an invite to join.

After analyzing and discussing about it, it seems like another platform for influencers and marketers to market themselves. The fact that it is exclusive limits the audience a bit. Could be good, but I definitely would not put too much effort into it.

It seems like a lower-quality BNI group it seems. (Take what I say with a grain of salt though as this is secondary information. As I get my information from someone else that is apart of it).

alexkuzmov

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
130%
Sep 20, 2019
Bulgaria
Ahh man... thats really disappointing.
I dont own anything from apple. Just cant bring myself to pay such a high price for phone or a tablet.

Mutant

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
347%
Jan 8, 2018
London
The real value that most people can't/won't take advantage of is positioning yourself as a 'thought leader'/influencer/guru. It's not Fastlane but I've seen people pick up $100k+ of business in a day just by engaging and speaking.

^This

I've just received an email from a coach I follow (she teaches the business side of the acting industry & more). I'd heard of Clubhouse cos she'd mentioned it before, but here are her early results:

And in case you’d like to know the results of less-than-a-week of Clubhouse membership on my business (and I go in EVERY time with the mantras, “Creator, not consumer,” “How may I serve?” “You are enough,” “What can I learn?” and “Creating the Hollywood we want”) here goes:

~ at least $6000 additional dollars on our year-end enrollment for our 100-day challenge (and that was after only 2 days on the app, maybe 10 total hours of advice-giving logged; I’ll take that hourly rate)
~ more than 800 new Instagram followers (take that, algorithm!)
~ I haven’t even counted the shifts in numbers at Twitter, Facebook, or even our mailing list (hai, new BonBlasters!!), but I know there’s been an uptick
~ Self-Management for Actors has been steady in the top ten across multiple categories at Amazon since last Monday night
~ sooooooo many rich, enriching, healing, next-tier relationships and connections with people I may never have met so effortlessly in another time or across countless other platforms

For those curious for her full article: Creator, Not Consumer... on Clubhouse - Bonnie Gillespie

Putt

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
159%
Jan 1, 2020
^This

I've just received an email from a coach I follow (she teaches the business side of the acting industry & more). I'd heard of Clubhouse cos she'd mentioned it before, but here are her early results:

For those curious for her full article: Creator, Not Consumer... on Clubhouse - Bonnie Gillespie
Those results are not an edge case. I've done over $100k in business from a few hours a day on the app. Long-term, it will probably end up with the same mess of other platforms but right now, it offers the ability to sit in a room and chat exclusively with top businesspeople, consultants, journalists. There are few places with the networking opportunities and the convenience.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
492%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
This seems particularly interesting for someone with a podcast... I want to take advantage of the new frontier, but I don't have an apple phone.

I will go buy an iPad today on my trust from those of you who have played with clubhouse, if you think I should. I have really yet to find a social media for the show that I wanted to put great effort into building...

One cool thing I can do is pull the really good short points out of each radio show and post them on Clubhouse in full radio quality...

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
492%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

Kung Fu Steve

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
Jul 8, 2008
Road Warrior
Just had my first "Clubhouse Call" today.

Had 50-100 people at any given time (mostly 50).

Went for an hour with 3 other guys. Took questions.

Did a soft pitch for opt-in. I think 18 opted in so far?

Just another social platform.

I don't think this one will be around very long. There just isn't enough meat like the other platforms.

P.S. I don't have any apple products either so I just ordered an iPod Touch on Amazon. It was $200 or something.

Definitely need a strong sales funnel and an easy-to-remember domain name to make it worthwhile.

I'm really focused on being a "producer of content" instead of a "consumer" though... I haven't attended a single call yet!

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
ROFL.... Fastlaners really start discussing stuff way earlier than expected.

I just got off a webinar where a local guru, Vince Tan had John Lee on to talk about social media...and John started talking about ClubHouse:

I've spent the last few days on Clubhouse. Had some valuable conversations from big names in business, VC, entertainment. Invite only so there is a huge community feel & a very spontaneous environment. For 99% of people, it's just another social media platform, listening to notable people talk and (perhaps) getting the opportunity to speak to them. If you've got a network already on the platform willing to introduce to other people, you'll get more out of it.

Pretty much what John Lee himself shared of his experience.

He suggested some monetisation strategies like having people pay for access to groups or calls...not too different from a paid email list or FB group.

Yet, John shared that he was real bullish on Clubhouse as the next biggest thing (he spends 10 hours a day on it)...but I felt that lots of the aspects like higher-entry barriers for audiences and tighter community (instead of the Facebook stories noise) could be replicated on Telegram or Learnistic.
The least we can do is to get a second-hand iPhone.

My own phone is an iPhone 7...considered a dinosaur by now, but these phones sure can last.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
My own phone is an iPhone 7...considered a dinosaur by now, but these phones sure can last.
I’m on a 5SE because I like the size. They’re pretty cheap I’d say.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
492%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
The invite went through last night. Went out and bought an iPad.

Follow me @killbiggermedia!

We shall see how this goes.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
The invite went through last night. Went out and bought an iPad.

Follow me @killbiggermedia!

We shall see how this goes.
Looking forward to hearing your updates!

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
492%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
Hmmm...

I don’t like this. It looks like work to me. :rofl:

The iPad is pretty cool though...

Last edited:

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland

theag

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
Jan 19, 2012
Clubhouse basically is for people who don't get invited to enough meetings at work.

I like to listen to some podcasts for the information value, but at 1,5-2x speed, because most people just plain suck at speaking.

But listening to those same people being unprepared at normal speed, with bad sound quality and as-it-happens, instead of when I want?

Seems like the biggest waste of time I can imagine.

But the consumers of the world are gobbling it up like crazy.

If you are a guru, sure, it might work to get some more suckers into your funnel.

Hai

Beauty is Truth
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
Jan 1, 2015
Clubhouse basically is for people who don't get invited to enough meetings at work.

I like to listen to some podcasts for the information value, but at 1,5-2x speed, because most people just plain suck at speaking.

But listening to those same people being unprepared at normal speed, with bad sound quality and as-it-happens, instead of when I want?

Seems like the biggest waste of time I can imagine.

But the consumers of the world are gobbling it up like crazy.

If you are a guru, sure, it might work to get some more suckers into your funnel.

It's more like radio. More fun, less brain power sucking.
Haven't used the app yet.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.