• The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  1. Join 50,000+ entrepreneurs
    who are kicking butt and
    winning their dream life.

Unscripted™ Entrepreneurship:
    A Business That Pays More Than Money, It Pays Time.

"Fastlane" is an entrepreneur discussion forum based on The Unscripted Entrepreneurial Framework (TUNEF) outlined in the two best-selling books by MJ DeMarco (The Millionaire Fastlane and UNSCRIPTED™). From multimillionaires to digital nomads, the forum features real entrepreneurs creating real businesses.

Download (Unscripted) Download (Millionaire Fastlane)  Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

2. Forum *Official* Book Discussion
    Influence, The Psychology of Persuasion by Robert Cialdini

The forum has voted to discuss this book. Grab it and let's discuss!
    Buy: Buy | Discuss: Influence: The Psychology of Persuasion(Review | Discuss)

What drives you to be appreciative of life?

Discussion in 'General Mindset, Motivation, Beliefs' started by wildambitions, Jul 21, 2009.

1. LuckyPup

LuckyPup Done Dicking Around Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $2,951
    Perspective.

2. timmy

timmy Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,729
    Of late...I tend to wake up content and grateful... Why ! .. Well for starters the ceiling didn't fall in on me and bury me alive during the night. The bit I value is to be able to continue with my quest to make a positive difference in the world. I don't give any human the privilege to make me angry or upset. Doesn't mean I'm incapable of it though !

3. B. Cole

B. Cole In thine hand is power and might. Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $2,860
    I get lost in thoughts about the universe, where we are and what we don’t know quite often. It’s beautiful to me, the vastness, the power and the places that we can only conjure for now.

I’m appreciative of life as I look back at those who aren’t here any more. My dad, my grandparents. A handful of friends. My best friend’s wife to be, that left way too early. Those are lives that are lived, in varying degrees. Each came and went with lessons for us that remain to ponder, apply and use to make better. I appreciate the lessons and love they left me.

The warm brown glow of my wife’s eyes, framed with the soft beginnings of a wrinkle at the corners, a reminder of time that triggers contemplation of our entry into mid-life as the last of our 30’s slip by. It makes me sad, but appreciative. That shared stare reminds me that this moment is just that - a moment, and is best at least as a moment fully lived and appreciated.

As we age together, we do silly things. We spontaneously dance in the kitchen. We have funny, non-relevant nicknames for each other. We sometimes get to work a few minutes late on purpose, because time spent eating breakfast together meant more in the moment than being on time. We work out together, something we both hate but at least hate together. And we try much harder to be tolerant of our differences.

These things, and the angst as pages turn by and bring closer our inevitable epilogue, make me appreciate life.

Roz likes this.
  4. Ninjakid

Ninjakid Platinum Contributor Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $12,436
    I just think existence in itself is beautiful.

We are capable of absolutely anything and everything. Anytime supposed limits have been accepted by people, they've been broken.

Possibility and beauty is literally endless.

B. Cole likes this.

Join 1000s of entrepreneurs who are rewriting life's script and winning financial freedom.

---- ----

You must be a member to join the conversation.

Create Account

Join the community fast and easy!

REGISTER

Already have an account? Login here.