The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

What does your avatar mean?

FastlaneTiger

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
52%
Jun 27, 2014
Not the USA

Harley

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
114%
Jun 9, 2014
Mine is a reminder to Try and focus more and be like the hedgehog rather than the fox, in the "hedgehog and the fox" business parable.

xmartel

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
261%
Jul 22, 2008
Canada, eh!
Mine is a reminder to Try and focus more and be like the hedgehog rather than the fox, in the "hedgehog and the fox" business parable.

I used to have a pet hedgehog. I shot him. Mouth cancer.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Joe Cassandra

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
509%
Jul 25, 2013
Woodstock, GA
One day to have the time/freedom to tackle music head on for hobby and/or money, but finances will be taken care so it won't matter! I do need to find that bass guitar...I think my old bandmates forgot to get it out of the trailer, and who knows where that trailer is now....[HASHTAG]#whoops[/HASHTAG]

Ubermensch

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
Jul 7, 2008
Chicago
My avatar is the picture of a monster.

I live in the murder capitol of the United States: Chicago. They call it Chiraq, because there were more murders here in a year than in the Iraq war.

50th Law, Chapter 9: Push Beyond Your Limits, p. 244 - 245. By Robert Greene

In impoverished environments like the hood, people's sense of who they are and what they deserve is continually under attack. People from the outside tend to judge them for where they come from - as violent, dangerous, or untrustworthy - as if the accident of where they were born determines who they are. They tend to internalize many of these judgments and perhaps deep inside feel that they don't deserve much of what is considered good in this world. Those from the hood who want to overcome this pronouncement of the outside world have to fight with double the energy and desperation. They have to convince themselves first that they are worth much more and can rise as far as they want, through willpower, The intensity of their ambition becomes the deciding factor. It has to be supremely high, That is why the most ambitious an confident figures in history often emerge from the most impoverished and arduous of circumstances.

The word willpower has a distinctly Nietzschean ring to it, doesn't it?

Over the past four years, I have experienced some of the most extreme attacks on who I am as a person. When I started my latest venture last year - my third energy endeavor - I brought in a potential sales rep who pointed out that he felt like my confidence was shot. He was right. Ironically - or perhaps fittingly - the worst of this happened during times when I was raking in the $$$.

My T-shirt is an amalgamation of the sports teams that play in my city: The Chicago Bulls (NBA), the Chicago Bears, and the Chicago Blackhawks. I bought the shirt that I'm sporting in my avatar in the year the Hawks won the Stanley Cup. The shirt is a reminder that I am a World Champion, no matter what anyone says. I never experienced self-doubt until negative people in my life started spewing it at me. I learned the lesson of avoiding the unhappy and unlucky - one of Greene's 48 Laws of Power - the hard way.

I refer to the depth of depression I fell into - along with the people and circumstances surrounding it - as the basement of hell. The past year and some months has been a desperate, glorious, painful, dramatic, daring, aggressive, combative, energetic, intense and mighty resurrection of an indomitable WILL which is now impervious to the treachery, betrayal, negativity, and cruelty from so-called allies, friends and loved-ones.

MJ is right. A Lamborghini itself won't make you happy. If I won one thousand $100,000,000 lottery tickets, the victory would have a distinct emptiness to it, like a black hole the size of the entire universe. I would not have earned it. What I'm getting ready to - what I've been in the process of doing - is a consciously directed evolution. I am out-monstering the monster, in the words of Nietzsche. All of my rage I felt at the bottom is propelling me to the top. I've channeled it towards my goal, and I am about this Fastlane ish 100%. Take it from the dude living in the murder capital: I'm 'bout to kill the game.

The image on my shirt is a sort of triple monster, a beast inside of a beast... inside of yet another beast. And hint: It's a bit of a double-entendre. My t-shirt, and the image of the super-Chicago-beast on it, is the first monster. The man wearing the t-shirt - the man who you now know is quoted in the Millionaire Fastlane ; the man with a deep obsession with Nietzsche and his concept of the Ubermensch; the man espousing the notions of Sun-Tzu; the man with a tattoo of Robert Greene's 33 Strategies of War on his chest; the man intent on reincarnating the ghosts - and glory! - of every great conqueror from Genghis Kahn to King Alexander, from Musashi to Hannibal, from Spartacus to Leonidas... THAT man is no longer the man he used to be. That man is now the monster wearing the monster-like t-shirt... and... are you ready for it? There is now something monstrous inside of him. Ultimately, the image on my shirt is a reflection of something inside of me.

If this sounds ugly to you, maybe you should ask yourself what you would become if you were in the basement of hell, being hunted by monsters. Would you accept your fate and allow yourself to be quietly devoured, or would you evolve into the monster of all monsters?

I've never claimed to be the most lovable person on this site, and I would hate to bear that title, for I have a Machiavellian view of love.

D

Deleted21704

@Ubermensch when you get there, I'm going to look forward to your memoir more than seeing that picture of your new Bugatti. You're a very good writer. Well done.

Twista

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
79%
Oct 13, 2013
Alabama
Mines is a Nissan GT-R, my dream car. My avatar changes from time to time for the things that motivate me to keep going.

Phones

Break your boundaries
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
202%
Aug 13, 2011
Praia da Areia Branca, Portugal
Me on my 19th birthday (last year). That week I experienced my first 4 digit week, that first time excitement of waking up to check your bank account and see if it doubled. My girlfriend by my side. Surrounded by close friends that all went part-ways but we still get together during summer as we live in a beach-vocation area. Wearing the cheapest possible t-shirt and the first pair of shorts my hand grabbed from the closet, I didn't and don't care, I had it all.

Thank you for this thread, I just had some sort of epiphany. Back to f*cking work.

MyronGainz

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
91%
Dec 26, 2013
Toronto
There is an idea of a MyronGainz; some kind of abstraction. But there is no real me: only an entity, something illusory. And though I can hide my cold gaze, and you can shake my hand and feel flesh gripping yours and maybe you can even sense our lifestyles are probably comparable... I simply am not there.

Moodswing

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
183%
Jan 23, 2014
Netherlands
Mine has no meaning, it's from the television series called True Detective which I think is the best show ever!

randomnumber314

speed of a drunk camel
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
227%
Jan 7, 2014
Minnesoooota,USA
There is an idea of a MyronGainz; some kind of abstraction. But there is no real me: only an entity, something illusory. And though I can hide my cold gaze, and you can shake my hand and feel flesh gripping yours and maybe you can even sense our lifestyles are probably comparable... I simply am not there.

Solipsism doesn't really provide much value to your customers...

Gale4rc

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
107%
Sep 23, 2013
Leading a revolution. Winning a war.

AlterJoule

Busy Working.
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
205%
Aug 7, 2014
I'm finally learning how to piece together the life I've always wanted for myself, my wife, and my son. I love the beauty and meaning behind Japanese art so I had my artist come up with a mechanical themed Japanese body suit, very much so a work-in-progress. It pretty much sums up my attitudes, ambitions, and desires. It's on me permanently to prevent me from wandering.

GregK

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
55%
Aug 10, 2014
Beer, kitty, car. I like where I am and what I have but realize I need to be in charge instead of doing deeds for others. Again I like the location I am in but I have a family now and want them to be able to be in charge of life and be able to enjoy it on their own terms.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Bump.

Any more?

H. Palmer

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
113%
Aug 12, 2011
Fastlane Metro
There's cool cars and there's über cool cars.

Last edited:

Disobey

following breadcrumbs
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
231%
Feb 18, 2014
Luxembourg
At first glance, an old and rusty dodge charger rotting in a junkyard.

But with hard work, sweat and some blood, its engine can roar once again and become one of the sexiest cars on earth (matter of taste).
A.k.a : no matter how beat down you are, you can still make it to the top as long as you are willing to work hard for it.

It's also a dream of mine to bring a car like this back to life by myself, even though I know almost nothing about mechanic except changing tires and doing some basic maintenance. But hey, i'll learn! Might even be a good way to make a buck or two with a blog or a youtube channel ...

18rhlyhdyk2j4jpg.jpg

OscarDeuce

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
269%
Nov 28, 2014
Northern Virginia
The O-2 (nicknamed "Oscar Deuce," get it?) was originally used for forward air control during the Vietnam war. O-2 pilots would arrive at the target first and "mark" it with white prosperous tipped rockets for the heavy fighter bombers (usually F105s) that followed. O-2s were also used in a variety of close air support roles. I flew the O-2 as a civilian DoD contractor in the mid 1970s. It was a great adventure for a wet behind the ears kid and put me in a situation where I had to go from punk to self-reliant adult awfully fast. And while I didn't realize it at the time, that self-reliance and dedication to completing the mission, no matter what, would pay off handsomely in my future business career. Also, I was never more alive than during those heady days.

Cheers,
O-2

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.
This new race horse one means I'm riding around the fast lane track learning to ride in life like the big boys. While I do have a lot of miles to ride and move up the line on the track. lol

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.