- Joined
- Jul 24, 2007
- Messages
- 4,219
Rep Bank
$5,375
$5,375
User Power: 459%
Since the purchase of the golf course, I have been meeting a lot of interesting characters. I get a lot of attention from the regular players, members, homeowners, etc. So many of them want talk to me.
People are happy in general with the positive changes that are happening with the course. I have had conversations with hundreds of people here.
One facet has really stood out to me. Many of the retired folks want to hear my story of how it came about that I could buy the facility. I don't believe that one person younger than me has asked any probing questions.
I have asked many people about their story as well. It is interesting to hear them talk. Some of them tell tales with extreme pride. Many have very interesting stories to tell.
I don't know why the older people seem more interested but they seem to like to know about all of the people that are around them.
This is interesting to me because there are many young people on this forum. Many ask questions and state opinions but it does not seem that they are truly interested in hearing what someone else has to say.
Not that I care, it is just an observation.
Perhaps as you age, you begin to realize that other people are interesting also and that they may have some real unique experiences in life.
People are happy in general with the positive changes that are happening with the course. I have had conversations with hundreds of people here.
One facet has really stood out to me. Many of the retired folks want to hear my story of how it came about that I could buy the facility. I don't believe that one person younger than me has asked any probing questions.
I have asked many people about their story as well. It is interesting to hear them talk. Some of them tell tales with extreme pride. Many have very interesting stories to tell.
I don't know why the older people seem more interested but they seem to like to know about all of the people that are around them.
This is interesting to me because there are many young people on this forum. Many ask questions and state opinions but it does not seem that they are truly interested in hearing what someone else has to say.
Not that I care, it is just an observation.
Perhaps as you age, you begin to realize that other people are interesting also and that they may have some real unique experiences in life.
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
