What's new

My experience with the fast lane and how I am jumping on it with 56

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 39,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block.

Theophil

PARKED
FASTLANE INSIDER
MEMBER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Joined
Jul 24, 2024
Messages
1
Location
Switzerland
Rep Bank
$285
Long time reader, first time poster. Hi everyone, I am pretty much the same age like MJ, I was born and mostly raised in Switzerland. In my time I spend 12 years in Los Angeles, where I experienced pretty much everything from the nicest people to the riots to being robed at knife point and once with a gun to my head. I finished a degree in construction here in Switzerland, and with 20 I went to L.A., there I was 6 years illegal, but allways with my own business, well at least what I called a business back then. By the way, that was still possible back in the early 90’s. I started with my own Tow Truck, including doing some repo in the grey zone, that’s by the way where I was shot at too, but luckily he missed, I guess it was not my time. Then with meeting people that emerged into doing City Tours in the German Language in L.A., back then we where the only once to offer a live german speaking Tourguide. This was a sucess basicaly over night, because we gave the Goncierge a generous kickback. It was only about 3 years later that we had about 20 Busses, including large ones, with about 30 employees. This was good money, and I could buy two houses at that time. But the problem was that we fully only specialized on german speaking clients. This was our downfall at 9/11, since our clients cancelled at a rapid pace after that, because they where affraid. Well it was an interesting time with some good money, but it was not me, I was allways the creator, I love to create things with my hands and with my head, I have a very good sence of things in 3D in my head. So after some problems with my partner back then, I was looking for a new life, since I knew I could not do that anymore. Of course in the meantime I got marries and had two kids, so we where at the crossroads of going back to Switzerland, and start something there, or to stay in L.A. and do something new there. After I evaluated the schools in L.A. and in Switzerland, it was basically clear that we have to go to Switzerland (by the way this was the best decision in my life). Keep in mind that my Wife is from Mexico, not from Switzerland. So we moved to Switzerland and sold my Houses in L.A., wich was a mistake on ist own. And of course my Wife had alot of problems to adjust, and me too, because I was gone for 12 years. Oh yeah, back to business, of course I had a new business Idea for Switzerland, I was going to build artificial Rocks, like the ones you see in every Hotel in the US, but in Switzerland there was nothing like that. The Rock business was difficult, but not because I could not build Rocks, it was because the People here did not know that something like that is even possible. Once I made a perfect Waterfall and I went to one of these Conventions with it, and people came to my Stand and told me; « You have a great Stand, absolutely amazing, but can I ask what are you selling?» This of course blow my mind. Well things went on and I offered alot of other creative things (www.buergincreations.ch), untill I was asked to create a realy crazy project in Venice Italy. I did it and it was an absolut sucess. And the University of Zürich ETH was also involved. This opened the doors to research for me, and I did many crazy research projects with ETH and still do. The cyrcle got wider and people know me for creating the almost impossible. When you read this, you probably think, well this is the perfect story, what does this guy to complain about. But I will get to the real Problem in a bit.

So I have been doing that for over 20 years now! But I never care much about the money, my biggest concern was the project, how can I make it better and more efficient for the client ! And since about five years I am asking myself, what are you doing? I was reading lots of books, from Joe Dispensa to I dont know what. Then I came across the Millionaire Fastlane , and it instantly dawned on me! You are doing it wrong for almost your whole life you dumb a$$ ! Excuse my language, but thats what I felt. So know I have a Problem, I have a new mindset, but I have the old dilhema in my 300m2 shop. I have alot of knowledge, but I have no plan on how to finally make money with it. Keep in mind that none of my businesses made money, except the Tour Bus Company, so you can imagine how broke I am.

This is to my starting story, I dont want to bother you with my life, but its important to know my past to understand what I am going to wright next. To be continued …

Please excuse my english, ist my second language, and I did not want to correct it, because that’s me.
 
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts

Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.

You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.

  • Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
  • MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
  • Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
  • Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."
— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."
— User Richard Peck

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

Ximduni! Vjevt raovi vji sofi. Dasouat ecuav vji piyv tviqt gsun jisi :-) epz ofiet op nopf?
 
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts

Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.

You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.

  • Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
  • MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
  • Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
  • Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."
— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."
— User Richard Peck

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

Back
Top Bottom