The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

What do you guys think about this cold email?

AlexLegault

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
188%
Jun 6, 2017
Ontario, Canada
Subject line: Bob, Pleasure To Meet You

Hi Bob, I wanted to give you a quick shout to introduce myself and [Company Name].

We help companies get more results from their website and turn it into their #1 Salesperson that’s bringing in new customers constantly.

But don’t take our word for it! We love to provide value and help business owners first.

Not sure if you were looking to grow your business, but if you were...

I would like to offer you a Free Website Optimization Strategy That Will Win You More Customers. It’s jam packed with free marketing ideas and a custom game plan to achieve your goals!

Just shoot me a message if you’re interested.

Alex

P.S.

I've attached to this email a video testimonial from REAL business owners we’ve had the pleasure to work with.
Click the link below to check it out!

[Company name] reviews and testimonials (link)

-----------------

What do you guys think?

Not bad? Sh*tty? Okay?

Would love to hear your opinion.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
Subject line: Bob, Pleasure To Meet You

Hi Bob, I wanted to give you a quick shout to introduce myself and [Company Name].

We help companies get more results from their website and turn it into their #1 Salesperson that’s bringing in new customers constantly.

But don’t take our word for it! We love to provide value and help business owners first.

Not sure if you were looking to grow your business, but if you were...

I would like to offer you a Free Website Optimization Strategy That Will Win You More Customers. It’s jam packed with free marketing ideas and a custom game plan to achieve your goals!

Just shoot me a message if you’re interested.

Alex

P.S.

I've attached to this email a video testimonial from REAL business owners we’ve had the pleasure to work with.
Click the link below to check it out!

[Company name] reviews and testimonials (link)

-----------------

What do you guys think?

Not bad? Sh*tty? Okay?

Would love to hear your opinion.

I delete this shit every day.

Scot

Salad Dressing Empire
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
472%
Jul 10, 2016
Florida
Too long, smelled BS 2 lines in and hit delete. Agree with @Vigilante, I put these straight into my trash.

Shorten it up, 3 lines max. You don’t have to close the sale on the first email. Just get them to answer.

AlexLegault

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
188%
Jun 6, 2017
Ontario, Canada
Too long, smelled BS 2 lines in and hit delete. Agree with @Vigilante, I put these straight into my trash.

Shorten it up, 3 lines max. You don’t have to close the sale on the first email. Just get them to answer.
Hahaha alright thanks. Get them to answer what though, a specific question?

AlexLegault

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
188%
Jun 6, 2017
Ontario, Canada
I delete this sh*t every day.
Lol this is why I ask questions on this forum. I love it when you guys give the straight truth. Thanks for the heads up.

Would you have any suggestions on what would make it better? I'm trying to find web design and digital marketing clients and I'm struggling to get meetings (I'm sure that doesn't surprise you).

What do you guys think is a better way to get clients?

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
Lol this is why I ask questions on this forum. I love it when you guys give the straight truth. Thanks for the heads up.

Would you have any suggestions on what would make it better? I'm trying to find web design and digital marketing clients and I'm struggling to get meetings (I'm sure that doesn't surprise you).

You have to do something unconventional. I'm not exaggerating when I tell you I get one of these nearly daily.

You have to do something completely differently. One time I fedexed Donald Trump a balloon that when they opened the box the balloon popped out and attached to it was some cash and a note. We got a return phone call.

Scot

Salad Dressing Empire
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
472%
Jul 10, 2016
Florida
You have to do something unconventional. I'm not exaggerating when I tell you I get one of these nearly daily.

You have to do something completely differently. One time I fedexed Donald Trump a balloon that when they opened the box the balloon popped out and attached to it was some cash and a note. We got a return phone call.

I’m sorry you... what???

Scot

Salad Dressing Empire
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
472%
Jul 10, 2016
Florida

Ask a simple question. One that I’ve used is just asking if I have the right person.

“Hello, are you the person responsible for fixing issues with your companies website? If not, could you please forward me to the appropriate person?”

AlexLegault

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
188%
Jun 6, 2017
Ontario, Canada

Alright you got me... So what did the note say? lol

AlexLegault

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
188%
Jun 6, 2017
Ontario, Canada
Ask a simple question. One that I’ve used is just asking if I have the right person.

“Hello, are you the person responsible for fixing issues with your companies website? If not, could you please forward me to the appropriate person?”
Well that sounds very simple. lol, I'll give it a try

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
I’m sorry you... what???

It was a few years before the campaign, on a license proposal.

We got the name of his personal assistant.

Took a box.

Put a milar balloon in it. Attached some cash (maybe a $50?) to the weight clip. Included a business card.

The note was something to the effect of "we want to make money for you in a license deal."

We had to make sure when they cut the box open they didn't cut the balloon so we put an extra layer on top.

They opened the box.

The balloon drifted out.

Attached to the balloon was the cash and a business card.

It generated a return call.

Now if I had just sent him a Fedex, do you think they would have called?

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
A supplier when I was a buyer at Walmart once took out a billboard right next to the Walmart corporate office and put a picture of his product and their logo on it.

Every executive at Walmart saw the billboard.

You can be darn sure they received a call from the buyer immediately, and an appointment soon thereafter.

Scot

Salad Dressing Empire
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
472%
Jul 10, 2016
Florida
A supplier when I was a buyer at Walmart once took out a billboard right next to the Walmart corporate office and put a picture of his product and their logo on it.

Every executive at Walmart saw the billboard.

You can be darn sure they received a call from the buyer immediately, and an appointment soon thereafter.

Oh trust me, if I don’t get into Publix Florida Local, you better believe I-4 is getting a billboard right before Lakeland haha

VegasMan

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
265%
May 8, 2015
Milwaukee, WI
I delete this sh*t every day.

Same here. Loads of them. EVERY day.

In fact I have rules on my inbox to pretty much trash anything that contains "quick".

... a quick 15 minute call
... a quick shout out
... a quick introduction

And on top of those I can pretty much rule out any marketing email that begins with "I" (or "we").

I would like...
We love to...
I found your name...
We do this that and the other thing...

You may not know what *I* do yet, but at least try to find out before dumping on me what *you* do.

AlexLegault

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
188%
Jun 6, 2017
Ontario, Canada
I used this exact line and people starting getting very defensive, lol

RahKnee

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
May 27, 2013
Would you all say the same points apply to emails to warm or qualified leads? I'm having a rough time getting responses after people have asked me to contact them.

BD64

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
218%
Jul 26, 2017
Denver, CO
Cold email works, some key points:

--> first focus on the subject lines and actually getting your emails read. It doesn't matter how good your email is if it never gets seen
--> give value first, stop asking for a sale or making it obvious that is what you are going for. Websites are perfect for this, see a quick fix they can make which will have an impact on their sales? Shoot them over a code snippet and before/after examples of what it does. Very powerful... This just help land me a deal with one of the largest crossfit boxes in the world.
--> go beyond email. Like @Vigilante suggested, find some way to stand out and use different channels (direct mail done well can be super powerful)
--> I would be hesitant about sending a testimonial or such right off the bat, what if they see it and say to themselves "This person is not like me so this won't work for me"...?

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)
try something like,

hey _____ we'd like you to try out our Free Website Optimization Strategy That Will Win You More Customers.

just click www.whateevr.com and check it out! let us know how you like it.

keep it extremely short imo

hopefully it doesnt lead to some sketchy looking website, youtube seems like the best bet or instagram

AlexLegault

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
188%
Jun 6, 2017
Ontario, Canada
What do you guys think about cold emails asking people if they want a free website review along with what they could improve if they're looking to get more customers?

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)
that could work, i suggest highly to check out alex becker on youtube, he is awesome at seo and website based stuff. all his content is free

AlexLegault

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
188%
Jun 6, 2017
Ontario, Canada
that could work, i suggest highly to check out alex becker on youtube, he is awesome at seo and website based stuff. all his content is free
Thanks, just checked him out and he seems to have some good stuff.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.