The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

What do you guys think about dropshipping?

Idea threads

ohmamecr

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
28%
Dec 12, 2021
I will start a dropshipping business with about 300€, if goes well i will make a brand, ill be spending 200 in the IA of facebook ads, that's my 2nd project. If i fail ill dont care becaus i will have learned something more for the next project that im looking with a friend.
What you recommend me for my pag web? i have upsells, reviews pics, money back guarantee, wish me luck

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

LiveEntrepreneur

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
79%
Aug 17, 2017
Australia
I will start a dropshipping business with about 300€, if goes well i will make a brand, ill be spending 200 in the IA of facebook ads, that's my 2nd project. If i fail ill dont care becaus i will have learned something more for the next project that im looking with a friend.
What you recommend me for my pag web? i have upsells, reviews pics, money back guarantee, wish me luck
Hey mate, I've spent tens of thousands of dollars of my own money on dropshipping and trust me you will need to spend a lot more than $300 to get anywhere, especially now since the costs are so high. You will learn a lot on your first dropshipping store, but one big piece of advice for you is don't get stuck in trying to make Facebook ads work if no matter what you do fails (it's also not the best platform for testing products, try Google shopping ads as the intent is way higher) If I could do it as a beginner again, I'd probably spend a year at most working my a$$ off on it, just to get experience then move onto my own product or just do a lot of research and make my own product.

I can almost guarantee you, you can have all the things you mentioned like reviews, upsells, even an amazing website, good offer, decent creative, and good set up campaign structure and you will be in the exact same position as if you were to put almost no effort into all of those things and made it look like every other dropshipping store.

This does sound silly because as the old adage goes, "the more you put in, the more you get out" this isn't 100% accurate with dropshipping in my experience. I've tested in quite a few different niches with different product page set ups, offers, creatives, etc you name it and I still find it ridiculously difficult to become successful.

I've gone to the point of hiring professional photographers and UI/UX designers, copywriters to get some really good content, but even that couldn't save me.

Here are some more tips besides the one above and some things that I've learned that I think you will learn very quickly as well:

* You will make sales fast because making sales is piss easy, anyone can do it. Your biggest problem which is almost 100% guaranteed is not becoming profitable. The reason why you will be unprofitable is because there isn't enough demand for what you're offering (this can anything related to the price, the actual pricing offer structure, free shipping, etc) and the reason why there is not enough demand is well... this is where it gets difficult and you really need to start thinking really hard as to what you think the problem might be.

* You will almost certainly fail with Facebook ads simply because costs are too high + the ios 14.5 update (even prior to that you would have struggled) and most importantly, Facebook is not a buyer intent platform, you are just interrupting people's news feed in hopes that they will be interested in what you have to offer.

* No matter what niche, industry, or product you launch, you will most likely run into the first point that I made.

* Like mentioned, if FB ads doesn't work, try other platforms and don't get caught up in the "Why" of why it's not working. You've tried a lot, it didn't work, no point wasting the majority on your energy on it. Try something else, even TikTok apprently is doing well and spend the majority of your efforts there and spend a minimal amount of time on Facebook if you're really curious to figure it out. Though I mentioned Google shopping ads, because it's the safest and most logical option (also in my experience the best and fastest money maker)

One of my earliest clients had a dropshipping store and did a few thousand dollars a month and had no problem making her store profitable with Google ads, but she struggled hard with Facebook ads, and could never get it to work.

Let me know if you have any other questions, I'm more than happy to help! Hopefully this gave you some ideas.

ohmamecr

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
28%
Dec 12, 2021
Hey mate, I've spent tens of thousands of dollars of my own money on dropshipping and trust me you will need to spend a lot more than $300 to get anywhere, especially now since the costs are so high. You will learn a lot on your first dropshipping store, but one big piece of advice for you is don't get stuck in trying to make Facebook ads work if no matter what you do fails (it's also not the best platform for testing products, try Google shopping ads as the intent is way higher) If I could do it as a beginner again, I'd probably spend a year at most working my a$$ off on it, just to get experience then move onto my own product or just do a lot of research and make my own product.

I can almost guarantee you, you can have all the things you mentioned like reviews, upsells, even an amazing website, good offer, decent creative, and good set up campaign structure and you will be in the exact same position as if you were to put almost no effort into all of those things and made it look like every other dropshipping store.

This does sound silly because as the old adage goes, "the more you put in, the more you get out" this isn't 100% accurate with dropshipping in my experience. I've tested in quite a few different niches with different product page set ups, offers, creatives, etc you name it and I still find it ridiculously difficult to become successful.

I've gone to the point of hiring professional photographers and UI/UX designers, copywriters to get some really good content, but even that couldn't save me.

Here are some more tips besides the one above and some things that I've learned that I think you will learn very quickly as well:

* You will make sales fast because making sales is piss easy, anyone can do it. Your biggest problem which is almost 100% guaranteed is not becoming profitable. The reason why you will be unprofitable is because there isn't enough demand for what you're offering (this can anything related to the price, the actual pricing offer structure, free shipping, etc) and the reason why there is not enough demand is well... this is where it gets difficult and you really need to start thinking really hard as to what you think the problem might be.

* You will almost certainly fail with Facebook ads simply because costs are too high + the ios 14.5 update (even prior to that you would have struggled) and most importantly, Facebook is not a buyer intent platform, you are just interrupting people's news feed in hopes that they will be interested in what you have to offer.

* No matter what niche, industry, or product you launch, you will most likely run into the first point that I made.

* Like mentioned, if FB ads doesn't work, try other platforms and don't get caught up in the "Why" of why it's not working. You've tried a lot, it didn't work, no point wasting the majority on your energy on it. Try something else, even TikTok apprently is doing well and spend the majority of your efforts there and spend a minimal amount of time on Facebook if you're really curious to figure it out. Though I mentioned Google shopping ads, because it's the safest and most logical option (also in my experience the best and fastest money maker)

One of my earliest clients had a dropshipping store and did a few thousand dollars a month and had no problem making her store profitable with Google ads, but she struggled hard with Facebook ads, and could never get it to work.

Let me know if you have any other questions, I'm more than happy to help! Hopefully this gave you some ideas.
Thanks a lot bro, you open my mind so hard now. I looked to make ads in tiktok but his IA is not advanced enough like the facebook one, but also the people that you can touch in tiktok is X10 that the facebook, and i dont look nothing of google ads. So what i do? Facebook ads, tiktok or google?

ohmamecr

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
28%
Dec 12, 2021
Are you providing any value to anyone at all anywhere in any way?
Yes, i providing value to the animals and the animal lovers too (customers). So many products for pocket price

LiveEntrepreneur

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
79%
Aug 17, 2017
Australia
Thanks a lot bro, you open my mind so hard now. I looked to make ads in tiktok but his IA is not advanced enough like the facebook one, but also the people that you can touch in tiktok is X10 that the facebook, and i dont look nothing of google ads. So what i do? Facebook ads, tiktok or google?
I'm 100% confident you should start with Google ads, it's super easy, just make sure your website product page looks good. Google shopping ads is very easy to learn, just watch a YouTube tutorial on it. Keep in mind you will notice that for a 2-4 weeks you aren't getting in any clicks only impressions, this is because Google is learning about your product and audience but after that you should start to see some sales come in.

Last edited:

Johnny boy

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
631%
May 9, 2017
Washington State
Yes, i providing value to the animals and the animal lovers too (customers). So many products for pocket price
Do you have competitors selling essentially the same product for a similar price?

ohmamecr

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
28%
Dec 12, 2021
¿Tiene competidores que venden el mismo producto por un precio similar?
Yes, I have looked at amazon and a similar one is sold, for the same price or between 5 dollars of difference above or below, the difference is that I can create value with disruptive marketing and a website is much more professional. They will also not know the name of the product and from what I have seen I do not have much competition, as MJ said, look at how you can improve yourself and do not look at the competition. I am going to put a phone number and an email, I am also thinking of putting an employee section (obviously false) to show more professionalism and create a confident value.

Johnny boy

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
631%
May 9, 2017
Washington State
Yes, I have looked at amazon and a similar one is sold, for the same price or between 5 dollars of difference above or below, the difference is that I can create value with disruptive marketing and a website is much more professional. They will also not know the name of the product and from what I have seen I do not have much competition, as MJ said, look at how you can improve yourself and do not look at the competition. I am going to put a phone number and an email, I am also thinking of putting an employee section (obviously false) to show more professionalism and create a confident value.
Nobody checks a website on Amazon. If you’re not doing anything that actually adds value to anyones life, don’t expect any success. If you sell dog treats and I go on Amazon and there’s tons of them, they have every likely option someone would want, and they are all a good price, you would be foolish to enter that market and expect success. Now…if you tried to find dog treats that were made with natural ingredients and couldn’t find any at all, you might be successful if you started selling them.

Almost ALL dropshippers spend 0 time thinking about this basic logic and end up wasting lots of time and money.

Ing

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Jun 8, 2019
Bavaria
Nobody checks a website on Amazon. If you’re not doing anything that actually adds value to anyones life, don’t expect any success. If you sell dog treats and I go on Amazon and there’s tons of them, they have every likely option someone would want, and they are all a good price, you would be foolish to enter that market and expect success. Now…if you tried to find dog treats that were made with natural ingredients and couldn’t find any at all, you might be successful if you started selling them.

Almost ALL dropshippers spend 0 time thinking about this basic logic and end up wasting lots of time and money.
Isn’t it the same with any e-commerce shop?

Drchainsaw

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
108%
Nov 2, 2021

Thank you for this post , I never really thought of Facebook ads as a non intent platform. Ill be keeping this in mind.
I had a bit of a run in on snapchat ads , what's your experience on this platform?

ohmamecr

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
28%
Dec 12, 2021
Nadie consulta un sitio web en Amazon. Si no está haciendo nada que realmente agregue valor a la vida de nadie, no espere ningún éxito. Si vende golosinas para perros y yo voy a Amazon y hay toneladas de ellas, tienen todas las opciones probables que alguien querría, y todas tienen un buen precio, sería una tontería entrar en ese mercado y esperar el éxito. Ahora ... si trataste de encontrar golosinas para perros hechas con ingredientes naturales y no pudiste encontrar ninguna, podrías tener éxito si comenzaras a venderlas.

Casi TODOS los dropshippers pasan 0 tiempo pensando en esta lógica básica y terminan perdiendo mucho tiempo y dinero.
truth bro thanks

LiveEntrepreneur

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
79%
Aug 17, 2017
Australia
Thank you for this post , I never really thought of Facebook ads as a non intent platform. Ill be keeping this in mind.
I had a bit of a run in on snapchat ads , what's your experience on this platform?
Hey man, I've never run Snapchat ads. If you are curious though, it's not a bad idea to test it. Something different with less competition.

ohmamecr

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
28%
Dec 12, 2021
Hey man, I've never run Snapchat ads. If you are curious though, it's not a bad idea to test it. Something different with less competition.
I am sure that the AI of snapchat stayed with messenger, I have not even spoken with her but if there is no competition it will be for something ...

Like tiktok ads, you reach a lot of people but the browser that opens the tiktok links sucks

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.