The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

What do you guys think about App Development to get into the fast lane?

omarmo93

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
65%
Dec 11, 2019
Exactly what the title says, what do you guys think about app development to get into the fast lane?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

PizzaOnTheRoof

Moving Forward
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
220%
Jul 30, 2018
Texas

PizzaOnTheRoof

Moving Forward
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
220%
Jul 30, 2018
Texas
G

Guest6814

Exactly what the title says, what do you guys think about app development to get into the fast lane?

I tried it starting in 2011. What I think is, “Don’t bother, unless you have a team and do it right.” I started doing it, without quitting my day job, and basically 100% by myself. It was for iPhone apps. It wasn’t too hard for me to learn the programming language, but the execution of the business was very hard. I started an LLC, which cost money some money, including my state’s $800 LLC tax before making even a dime. And by 2011, apps were already very hard to monetize. The app market was already very crowded.

I stuck it out for a couple of years, and then gave it up. Later I started doing something else.

If you’re interested in apps, put together a team. Include software developers, marketers/advertisers, anybody else you’ll need - it can’t be done as a solo operation.

omarmo93

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
65%
Dec 11, 2019
worked for me
How did it work for you?

I tried it starting in 2011. What I think is, “Don’t bother, unless you have a team and do it right.” I started doing it, without quitting my day job, and basically 100% by myself. It was for iPhone apps. It wasn’t too hard for me to learn the programming language, but the execution of the business was very hard. I started an LLC, which cost money some money, including my state’s $800 LLC tax before making even a dime. And by 2011, apps were already very hard to monetize. The app market was already very crowded.

I stuck it out for a couple of years, and then gave it up. Later I started doing something else.

If you’re interested in apps, put together a team. Include software developers, marketers/advertisers, anybody else you’ll need - it can’t be done as a solo operation.

Thanks for the advice.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.