The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

What do you guys think about App Development to get into the fast lane?

Remove ads while supporting the Unscripted philosophy...become an INSIDER.

omarmo93

New Contributor
Dec 11, 2019
Exactly what the title says, what do you guys think about app development to get into the fast lane?

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

PizzaOnTheRoof

1,000 Miles To Go
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Millionaire Fastlane
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Jul 30, 2018
Texas

PizzaOnTheRoof

1,000 Miles To Go
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Jul 30, 2018
Texas

natew

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Jul 12, 2011
Los Angeles, CA
Exactly what the title says, what do you guys think about app development to get into the fast lane?
I tried it starting in 2011. What I think is, “Don’t bother, unless you have a team and do it right.” I started doing it, without quitting my day job, and basically 100% by myself. It was for iPhone apps. It wasn’t too hard for me to learn the programming language, but the execution of the business was very hard. I started an LLC, which cost money some money, including my state’s $800 LLC tax before making even a dime. And by 2011, apps were already very hard to monetize. The app market was already very crowded.

I stuck it out for a couple of years, and then gave it up. Later I started doing something else.

If you’re interested in apps, put together a team. Include software developers, marketers/advertisers, anybody else you’ll need - it can’t be done as a solo operation.

OP
OP
omarmo93

omarmo93

New Contributor
Dec 11, 2019
worked for me
How did it work for you?

I tried it starting in 2011. What I think is, “Don’t bother, unless you have a team and do it right.” I started doing it, without quitting my day job, and basically 100% by myself. It was for iPhone apps. It wasn’t too hard for me to learn the programming language, but the execution of the business was very hard. I started an LLC, which cost money some money, including my state’s $800 LLC tax before making even a dime. And by 2011, apps were already very hard to monetize. The app market was already very crowded.

I stuck it out for a couple of years, and then gave it up. Later I started doing something else.

If you’re interested in apps, put together a team. Include software developers, marketers/advertisers, anybody else you’ll need - it can’t be done as a solo operation.
Thanks for the advice.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Sponsored Offers

MARKETPLACE Lex DeVille's - Advanced Freelance Udemy Courses!
New Course! Upwork Client Psychology I #UdemyApproved! Upwork Client Psychology I is designed...
MARKETPLACE You Are One Call Away From Living Your Dream Life - LightHouse’s Accountability Program ⚡
Welcome to 2020, I wanted to add in a quick note about gratitude for the new year...

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe to become an INSIDER.

The 2020 Fastlane Summit

This event SOLD OUT in October. For authorized resale tickets, please check ticket resales or contact the forum directly.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Top Bottom