The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

What could I do to improve the ranking of this blog post?

Marketing, social media, advertising

DavisBaer

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Dec 31, 2020
I wrote a blog post a few months ago trying to rank for the search "schedule LinkedIn posts".

Currently, it's average position is 11th, so the second page of Google

I wanted to ask for feedback on anything I could do to improve this ranking?

Here is the blog post: How to schedule posts on LinkedIn – OneUp Blog

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

mdot

Always Improve.
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
190%
Dec 24, 2020
Ontario, Canada
I'm no SEO expert, but most of your page content is NOT about scheduling LinkedIn posts. Indeed, the comment on the post didn't mention scheduling posts specifically, and to me the wording implied the poster got more value out of the rest of the tips on the page.

Other than that, most of the SEO checkers I ran it through gave the page a "meh" on server performance, but I can't speak to how important that is especially because (at least on pagespeed) your site scores higher than the first 5 other listings that pop up when I search it.

For what it's worth, you're in position 10 when I search from my computer.

rhodes

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Jan 5, 2021
I wrote a blog post a few months ago trying to rank for the search "schedule LinkedIn posts".

Hey @DavisBaer ,

I had a quick look at your site in the chrome developer tools. I noticed that the complete loading time is a bit long, up to 3 seconds. The loading speed is one of the ranking factors for Google.

Some stylesheet files (CSS) and numerous javascript files are loaded (js-files). The loading speed can usually be increased if you combine CSS files and JS files, e.g. make one out of four CSS files. I am not sure which CMS you are using. If it's wordpress, I'm sure there are some good plugins for it....

Think Expand

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
203%
Oct 30, 2019
How many words is your article? Looks like you need to enrich your article with more information for your audience. For Google, the trick is to focus on your target audience. Create epic, rich and high-quality content that cannot be found anywhere on the internet and Google will pull your article for their users.

Instead of focusing on how to rank #1, focus first on how to enrich the article with epic content for the audience. No fluff! Just great content.

When that is done, start using social media to share and promote the blog post. Consider running some Facebook ads to drive traffic to the blog post. If your blog post is great, people will read and share it. The higher the social shares, the quicker it gives a signal to Google that this content is better than or equally better to those on page #1.

Besides that, consider creating backlinks on other blogs, websites and other sites to the content. Share to article distribution sites. The more backlinks from high-quality sites pointing to this and the higher the social shares, the faster it will rank.

To summarize:

1. Enrich/update the article with epic content.
2. Share more on social media platforms.
3. Consider running Facebook Ads to promote the content.
4. Drive social shares through Facebook Ads as the audience reads the content.
5. Comment and post on authority blogs/websites and link back to this article.
6. Optimize the images and content on the site with similar or right keywords.
7. Link some section of the article on the front page with the same keyword.

Do these 7 tips and your ranking will shoot higher in the next few weeks or months. Good Luck!

jdm667

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
216%
Jan 27, 2020
Boston, MA

It might take a little longer than a few months to rank higher than where you are now. However, you can still improve the article to help your ranking.

Remember that you want to write a guide that is as helpful as possible, to as many people as possible. Here are a few suggestions:

1.) When I type "how to schedule posts on linkedin" into Google, one of the Autosuggest completions that Google offers is:
"how to schedule posts on linkedin groups"

You have not addressed linkedin groups in your article (the word "group" does is not in the article). Adding a heading for this topic is an opportunity for you to reach a wider audience, rank for more keywords, and gain relevance to rank higher for the main search term.

2.) Same as the first point I made, but for "how to schedule posts on linkedin for free". Not sure if this is really a different answer than what you already wrote, but people are obviously searching for it. That means there is at least a little traffic. Add the heading, write the answer, and you might get a little extra traffic and a higher rank for the main search term.

3.) Same as the first point, but for "app to schedule posts on linkedin". You use the word "tool" instead of "app" in your post, and Google may equate them, but I wouldn't take that chance (for example, a tool could also be a spreadsheet). Make sure to use that "app" phrase somewhere in the post.

4.) Optimize your title for CTR (click-through rate). Not only will this help you to get more traffic (regardless of where you rank), but there is speculation that Google will increase your ranking if your CTR is high (relative to your current ranking).

One way to do this is to include parentheses, brackets, and numbers in the title. I don't know why this works, but it does. Brian Dean on Backlinko has written about it often, and he has the data and chops to back it up - search "backlinko organic ctr" and his site comes up first. There is some good info about it there.

Also, make sure to capitalize every letter in the title that should be uppercase. I tend to capitalize every letter - I just think it looks better.

Here are some suggestions:

Old Title: How to schedule posts on LinkedIn
New Title 1: How To Schedule Posts On Linkedin (3 Things To Know)
New Title 2: How To Schedule Posts On Linkedin (Plus When & What To Post)

Good luck!

DavisBaer

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Dec 31, 2020
It might take a little longer than a few months to rank higher than where you are now. However, you can still improve the article to help your ranking.

Remember that you want to write a guide that is as helpful as possible, to as many people as possible. Here are a few suggestions:

1.) When I type "how to schedule posts on linkedin" into Google, one of the Autosuggest completions that Google offers is:
"how to schedule posts on linkedin groups"

You have not addressed linkedin groups in your article (the word "group" does is not in the article). Adding a heading for this topic is an opportunity for you to reach a wider audience, rank for more keywords, and gain relevance to rank higher for the main search term.

2.) Same as the first point I made, but for "how to schedule posts on linkedin for free". Not sure if this is really a different answer than what you already wrote, but people are obviously searching for it. That means there is at least a little traffic. Add the heading, write the answer, and you might get a little extra traffic and a higher rank for the main search term.

3.) Same as the first point, but for "app to schedule posts on linkedin". You use the word "tool" instead of "app" in your post, and Google may equate them, but I wouldn't take that chance (for example, a tool could also be a spreadsheet). Make sure to use that "app" phrase somewhere in the post.

4.) Optimize your title for CTR (click-through rate). Not only will this help you to get more traffic (regardless of where you rank), but there is speculation that Google will increase your ranking if your CTR is high (relative to your current ranking).

One way to do this is to include parentheses, brackets, and numbers in the title. I don't know why this works, but it does. Brian Dean on Backlinko has written about it often, and he has the data and chops to back it up - search "backlinko organic ctr" and his site comes up first. There is some good info about it there.

Also, make sure to capitalize every letter in the title that should be uppercase. I tend to capitalize every letter - I just think it looks better.

Here are some suggestions:

Old Title: How to schedule posts on LinkedIn
New Title 1: How To Schedule Posts On Linkedin (3 Things To Know)
New Title 2: How To Schedule Posts On Linkedin (Plus When & What To Post)

Good luck!

Thanks for this awesome feedback! Really appreciate it!

Went through and made a bunch of the suggested changes :)

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.