The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

What Business to start 2020

Remove ads while supporting the Unscripted philosophy...become an INSIDER.

Prince Ali

PARKED
Dec 12, 2019
Hello fastlaners....

what business would you recommend for one to start 2020 that can help one attain 6-7 figures?

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

broswoodwork

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Millionaire Fastlane
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Oct 16, 2015
Hello fastlaners....

what business would you recommend for one to start 2020 that can help one attain 6-7 figures?
Selling stuff on the internet seems to be popular now, but there's no guarantee this trend will last through next year. I'm personally hedging my bets with gold panning and leather hat making. gold-panning.jpg

reedracer

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Jun 2, 2019
Kansas City
Selling stuff on the internet seems to be popular now, but there's no guarantee this trend will last through next year. I'm personally hedging my bets with gold panning and leather hat making.View attachment 29164
Find some way to add value. Know your market.

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
If you aren’t trolling welcome to the forums.

Your thread is way too general and with all the work placed on us - it isn’t our problem to do all the heavy lifting for you.

What do you think is a good niche?

OP
OP
P

Prince Ali

PARKED
Dec 12, 2019
Selling stuff on the internet seems to be popular now, but there's no guarantee this trend will last through next year. I'm personally hedging my bets with gold panning and leather hat making.View attachment 29164
sounds like a great idea. What makes you think selling online will go out of trend anyway?
looks like online presence increases by day

broswoodwork

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Oct 16, 2015
sounds like a great idea. What makes you think selling online will go out of trend anyway?
looks like online presence increases by day
I was just messing around, broseph, because your question was super vague, and basically, "how can I make $10k-$100k next month?" Even the dollar amount is nebulous. :D

You should check out MJ's books.

minivanman

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
Mar 16, 2017
DFW
This is a question that lots and lots of people are wondering so maybe, just maybe, someone should go in to the business of telling others what business to start. The way people are on Facebook, I bet there are 100,000 people a day that ask that question or ask for a J.O.B. so if you only charge $2 each, that's an EASY way to reach your goal in 2020!

Jeff Noel

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Oct 26, 2018
Quebec, Canada
Facebook, I bet there are 100,000 people a day that ask that question or ask for a J.O.B. so if you only charge $2 each, that's an EASY way to reach your goal in 2020!
I heard of someone selling a book about starting a business and becoming financially free. I just cannot remember... His name was MK Di Caprio or something.
I hope I did not offend anyone with the sentences above, I'm just kidding !
----

On a serious note, Why wait for 2020? Can't you start NOW ?
The best way to find THE business to start, is to start a business about something today. If it fails, go on and start another one, cross idea #1 off the list and write the reason(s) why it didn't work.

Thing is: you have to be committed to the idea if you want it to grow and become something huge.

Edit: Read this: RANT - New Year's Goals are Stupid

Last edited:

Mario_fastlaner

Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Mar 1, 2019
Milano
Find a need, find a solution, build a business based on that solution. This business probably will fail, but you will have learned something because you have taken action. Repeat.
Nobody here has the power to spot new trends or new gold mine, neither me nor millionaire fastlaners. All we can do is proceeding by attempts.

Jeff Noel

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Oct 26, 2018
Quebec, Canada

Cat socks, easy few million right there. @Xeon
Relevant personnalized dog socks Shopify business, from zero to profits (there's a few videos in this playlist).

Suprizingly enough, this guy is not clickbait and overdelivers in details about running his shopify businesses.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1O6feWOsbLs

Money_master

New Contributor
Aug 3, 2018
I know for a fact that I am sick and tired of Marketing and Robocalls. There's juts a market of 300 Million phones in the US alone. If you can help, I'd bet everyone would be wiling to give you a $1. I don't know how many dollars that is, but I hope that's enough for you. Now start thinking, may be you could help the next country over as well.

JunkBoxJoey_JBJ

Reversed: Life is expecting from you.
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Jul 9, 2018
Any business already in place (perhaps run by an aging Baby-Boomer you can follow around or talk to).

A dirty, blue collar, manual labor job ...outdoor, inside or both. Not highly skilled labor. You could then think of ways to implement technology, service and value they may not have.

Research on this forum via the "search" bar will be helpful ...then getting out there an doing something, anything ...and you'll figure out more as you go/grow. People here will help you if you are honest and committed.

falcon87pl

Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Apr 6, 2014
Poland
Hello fastlaners....

You already know it - creating online courses how to find a 6-figure niche in 2020 ;) Of course there is no need to reach such a goal before creating a course!

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

GuyBTC324

PARKED
Jan 6, 2020
Hello fastlaners....

Start investing in bitcoins and shares to raise funds.

Business Ideas for 2020 which will work best for anyone are:-

1. Dropshipping
2. Affiliate Marketing
3. Coaching, courses and consultation

roysmith

PARKED
Jan 10, 2020
I would suggest you invest in commercial real estate and if you want to find any property listings then [REMOVED] is one relevant free site which I trust on!
Why should not we invest in residential property?

Last edited by a moderator:

NursingTn

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
Jan 30, 2019
None.

Your desire for a better life is noble, however, it is inherently selfish. People do not care about you; they care about what you can do for them.

Instead of asking yourself what business you can start to make a crap load of money, ask yourself what you can do to make the world a better place.

Then put a price on it and get to work.

Champion

Bronze Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Apr 12, 2019
Hamburg, Germany
No easy answer buddy!

For those who know exactly what to do, I doubt they would share it and reduce their advantage :)

maksm9696

PARKED
Jan 13, 2020
Latvia
Hey
Now it is very important to have your own business. But creating a business is very troublesome and requires great knowledge and care. If you still decide to create your own business, then do not be afraid to turn to the professionals who will help you create it. But of course you can do it yourself, in the field of marketing or digital programming, there are many opportunities now and they will be trending in the future too.

JScott

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
Aug 24, 2007
Hello fastlaners....

I was going to say that you should start a company that sell time machines, but that would probably exceed your 6-7 figure goal.

If you want to stick with just 6-7 figures, I would suggest starting a company with 3-4 experts focused on providing consulting to AI companies looking to improve their algorithms. 3-4 experts placed at $300-400/hour with 30% operating margins should hit your sweet-spot in terms of income.

Another option is to invent a technology that will improve battery efficiency and to license it to the major electric car companies. You'll probably generate well above your 6-7 figure goal, but with R&D costs, you can probably keep net income to the levels you've set out to achieve.

I can't imagine one of those two suggestions above won't work for you, but in case you want one more... You could start a company selling the best raspberry smoothies in the world at mall kiosks and sporting events. Scale as large as necessary to get to your goal. If that doesn't get you to your 6-7 figure goal, you can add cherry as well. Grape is also a possibility, but again, that might generate growth that exceeds your goal, so you might want to hold off on grape.

Of course, you don't say if the 6-7 figures is revenue or net income or net income. If that's just revenue, you can buy a house for $200,000 and then turn around and sell it for $150,000. That's a really fast way to get to 6-figures in revenue really quickly.

Hope that helps! Let us know how it goes...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Sponsored Offers

MARKETPLACE Lex DeVille's - Advanced Freelance Udemy Courses!
New Course! Upwork Client Psychology I #UdemyApproved! Upwork Client Psychology I is designed...
MARKETPLACE You Are One Call Away From Living Your Dream Life - LightHouse’s Accountability Program ⚡
Welcome to 2020, I wanted to add in a quick note about gratitude for the new year...

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe to become an INSIDER.

The 2020 Fastlane Summit

This event SOLD OUT in October. For authorized resale tickets, please check ticket resales or contact the forum directly.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Top Bottom