The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

What Are You Grateful For Today?

Plushy

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
198%
Jun 19, 2023
USA
Grateful that I completed today's tasks. I didn't think I'd be able to do it but one way or another they got done because I kept trying and putting in the effort. This is a controllable add to my self confidence.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

The real Ephraim

New Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
64%
Apr 1, 2023
I am grateful to myself and to my amazing body for the unwavering commitment and action to achieve my goals, trying to use all my abilities. I'm grateful to this forum and its dedicated participants who don't screw your brains out, but help you to know the facts from your own experience, (mainly to use this, not just record it) for the many life lessons and inner peace, knowing that I'm in action for being in this world. Thank you to the people who give you poses at any time

ZackerySprague

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Jun 26, 2021
Fort Worth, Texas
Speaking with @Runum Today, hes been very helpful. I'm very glad that we meet at the Faatlane meetup in Dallas. It's honestly amazing to meet people who have gone through experiences before you and have empathy, people who actually listen to you and give you solid advice.

This man is a gem. He's such a good person. A person you'd want to be friends with for sure or a mentor as well. A person you don't want to lose.

He has helped me today with everything that I am going through right now.

Last edited:

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Feb 8, 2019
Southeast Asia
Be grateful that I have good health. Work to keep it.

Be grateful I am born in high income countries in peace zones not torn apart by wars. Take advantage of the economic opportunities given.

Revuelto_Reveals

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
220%
Nov 5, 2023
I'm thankful for the gifts I was blessed with at birth which continue to serve me well to this day. I am blessed with a mental makeup which allows:

The ability to critique advice I receive from people and to assign its proper value based on where they objectively are as far as results are concerned (I.E., deciding not to take Fastlane advice from a Sidewalker, bodybuilding advice from a beanstalk, etc.), my desire to consume books as opposed to cheap dopamine, the ability to expand my attention span through sustained effort, my decision to view the mistakes of immediate family not as guides on how to live but as guides on how NOT to live, me to read the right books at the right times (TMF of course, Mindset by Carol Dweck, Think and Grow Rich by Napoleon Hill, How to Win Friends and Influence People by Dale Carnegie), me to view problems not as obstacles but as opportunities to strengthen and flex my skills and enjoy a challenge, and last but most - my insane work ethic.

I'm grateful for the circumstances in which I live, that include but are far from limited to:

That I grew up in a free first world country, that my bills are paid, that I don't have to work every day of the week to sustain my lifestyle, being surrounded by genuinely good friends, and a myriad of others.

Lastly I'm thankful for my disposition which allows me to expand and build upon the good things I was blessed with at birth, and to possess the discipline necessary to create something that brings more goodness into my own life and the lives of my loved ones.

I'm thankful for this thread! :) And that even successful people understand the value of gratefulness and being happy with what we currently have, even while we attempt to acquire more.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
If I posted in this thread every time I felt gratitude, this thread would be 1000 pages of 25 posts long.

I go through periods where I feel a generalized sense of gratitude, and then IMMENSE gratitude to the point of exultation.

For example, last night I was writing in my quiet library (where I usually use to drop prose) while temperatures dropped below freezing - I felt so overwhelmingly grateful that I snapped a photo to remind me.

There's nothing special about the picture other than a reminder to love the moment, don't take it for granted, and don't sweat the small things (like why someone can't figure out how to personal train another human). :=)

1699802378023.jpeg

ZackerySprague

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Jun 26, 2021
Fort Worth, Texas
To have friends that I have made from The Fastlane Forum who have helped me especially @Runum, who have helped during these past 3 months since my first layoff that threw me off course.

I have felt more supported by people that I don't know very well or much versus people close to home. I once called my mother a few days ago to give hints on how I now know who was on my side during times of crisis versus who wasn't in the hopes she would get it, but she didn't. She just said, "I know you will do fine." Kinda hurt when you have supported them during my early 20's.

But at this point, I have a job (Which is great, the company does take care of their people, Manager makes you feel heard), a place to stay, a very reliable car, and food on the table.

It's been a long grueling 3 months. And now it's time to play catch up. 1 debt out of 9 are paid.

BizyDad

Keep going. Keep growing.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
417%
Oct 7, 2019
Phoenix AZ
If I posted in this thread every time I felt gratitude, this thread would be 1000 pages of 25 posts long.

I go through periods where I feel a generalized sense of gratitude, and then IMMENSE gratitude to the point of exultation.

For example, last night I was writing in my quiet library (where I usually use to drop prose) while temperatures dropped below freezing - I felt so overwhelmingly grateful that I snapped a photo to remind me.

There's nothing special about the picture other than a reminder to love the moment, don't take it for granted, and don't sweat the small things (like why someone can't figure out how to personal train another human). :=)

View attachment 52388

Well said.

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011

View attachment 52388

Gratitude really does compound. Ever since I started actively thinking grateful thoughts, gratitude comes to me randomly throughout the day. I'm way more content these days with very little things, just like the moment you shared in this picture.

Panos Daras

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
146%
Oct 10, 2022
A couple of weeks ago I started with my girlfriend daily "say 5 things you're grateful for" practice and it's been helpful to slowly learn to focus more on the good aspects of life instead of the negative ones.
I really applaud you for starting this thread 4 years ago.

The thing is that for me asking myself to say 5 things I am grateful for sounds like a huge cringe and hocus pocus self-affirmation Tony Robbin's level crap inside my head.

Spoiler alert, it isn't.

This is why I ask myself:

What would this day be like if I did not have arms?

And now I hear you say why would you do that?
After asking this question I immediately realize how hard everything would be.
From opening the doors to going to the toilet to turning off the alarm on my phone.
So then I am like ok thank goodness, I am grateful I have arms.

And then the follow-up question is what else do I have going for me?
And the ball starts to roll.

Awakened2022

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
323%
Jan 14, 2023
Gratitude does compound. Ever since I started actively thinking grateful thoughts, gratitude has come to me randomly throughout the day. I'm way more content these days with very little things, just like the moment you shared in this picture.
One morning, I heard a touching song on the radio and was so filled with gratitude that the poem below was born.

Let Me Live a While Longer

Lord,
As I enter a new age,
Close not my ears
To new songs yet to be sung
Till the lyrics are in sync
With my emotions.

Lord,
Good books are spawned out daily,
Books are the fuel that drives me,
My sojourn into realms otherwise inaccessible,
Close not my eyes to their magic,
Till I have myself spawned out some.

As I mature, Lord,
Food gets tastier
And easier to obtain,
And my appetite grows sharper.
Let me relish more delicacies, Lord,
Till I become a connoisseur.

Lord,
You have blessed me with angels,
Five in number, enough to fill my days,
To put to the test the mother in me,
You threw my way awesome twins,
They need a mother's touch and love.
Help me nurture them in your way,
And grant them a much longer life
Than mine.

Lord,
You are still a miracle worker.
I have witnessed some, true,
And I know you are yet to send my way
The mother of all miracles.
Let me live to bear testimony
That you are still a miracle-working God.

Lord,
My relationship with you is close.
With time, it could become closer.
There are things about me
That I wish you would hear from me alone.
Let me live a while longer,
Till I can freely confide in you,
And you in me.
Amen.

Aura.

Runum

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Aug 8, 2007
DFW, Texas
To have friends that I have made from The Fastlane Forum who have helped me especially @Runum, who have helped during these past 3 months since my first layoff that threw me off course.

I have felt more supported by people that I don't know very well or much versus people close to home. I once called my mother a few days ago to give hints on how I now know who was on my side during times of crisis versus who wasn't in the hopes she would get it, but she didn't. She just said, "I know you will do fine." Kinda hurt when you have supported them during my early 20's.

But at this point, I have a job (Which is great, the company does take care of their people, Manager makes you feel heard), a place to stay, a very reliable car, and food on the table.

It's been a long grueling 3 months. And now it's time to play catch up. 1 debt out of 9 are paid.
It is great to see you making positive changes in your life direction. The most anyone can do is show you the water. It's up to you to drink the water. Keep working on your plan.

Runum

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Aug 8, 2007
DFW, Texas
Thankful to finally be back in my shop doing shop stuff I like to do.

Doing some wood and siding repair.
Repaired the leaking air compressor line.
Fixed the electric gate.
Working on lawn mower.
Got my third new leg 2 weeks ago.
Hit 150 miles walking since June.
I get to see my kid pretty often.
My grand niece will have her first birthday soon and I will be there.
Vertical beats horizontal any day.

Black_Dragon43

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
333%
Apr 28, 2017
‍☠️ Eastern Europe

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

View attachment 52388

So the WiFi connection in this room is absolutely horrible ...

Having had enough, I logged onto Amazon and immediately was able to buy an additional WiFi access point.

It's 2 pm.

It will be here in a few hours, hand delivered to my door... for FREE.

Absolutely amazing, what a world we live in...

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ

Having had enough, I logged onto Amazon and immediately was able to buy an additional WiFi access point.

It's 2 pm.

Have you looked into WiFi mesh routers? I have that in all my houses now. Your house probably needs 4-5.

ZackerySprague

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Jun 26, 2021
Fort Worth, Texas

It's 2 pm.

Here you go MJ try this, I have one at home. Not this updated version, but these work well.

Amazon's logistics at its finest. Worked as an Amazon Delivery Driver. They got their systems down.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Have you looked into WiFi mesh routers? I have that in all my houses now. Your house probably needs 4-5.

The current system is a mesh with 4 access points, I likely need 5-6.

Jon822

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
271%
Nov 21, 2016
I definitely focus too much on the future and thinking about what I want to accomplish but when I step back and assess "the now": my life is f*ckin amazing even though I'm nowhere near my Fastlane exit. I work fully from home and average less than 5 hours per week but get paid for 40, which allows me to hang out with my gf and our kids every single day. And the main limiting factor to my Fastlane progress is my own efficiency. I've got a long way to go but plenty to be grateful for.

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
The current system is a mesh with 4 access points, I likely need 5-6.
Ok. Then I’m curious as to why you didn’t just add an additional point, unless that’s what you did.

I think I read your original post as you adding a repeater or WiFi extender.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

ADR

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
81%
Jul 23, 2016
Miami, FL
There are countless studies explaining why gratitude works and how it impacts positively our well-being.

A couple of weeks ago I started with my girlfriend daily "say 5 things you're grateful for" practice and it's been helpful to slowly learn to focus more on the good aspects of life instead of the negative ones.

So, what are you grateful for today? Just pop in here whenever you want to share some grateful thoughts with others. I hope that this thread will become a source of consistent positivity.
I’m grateful for my health and the health of my loved ones. The life I share with my wife and son. Also, for the opportunity to earn more freedom. To be able to make music and read on my free time. Also, for my business; although small, it has potential to unscript me.

Albert KOUADJA

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
84%
Mar 13, 2022
I am grateful simply to be alive. Yes, I am, and happy to be so.

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
Bump.

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
457%
Mar 15, 2018
I am grateful today for a few things:

1. Good weather, I get to ride my bike to office - always a great feeling.
2. Health. After a few rounds with colds and whatever, finally back to normal.
3. Bitcoin is up 1% - we are all going to be rich!!! hahaha. Had to throw in a joke in here, just had to.

AmazingLarry

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
174%
Jul 4, 2019
Grateful for a supportive family. I hear so many people talk about how their spouse, parents or other family members discourage them, tell them to get a "real job" and shit on their dreams. My wife is always encouraging and makes sacrifices so I can pursue business. Same with my parents who are willing to spend their own time and effort to help me. I recognize that this is an amazing privilege.

f.laengle

Super Saiyajin
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
131%
Sep 21, 2023
Switzerland
Grateful for a supportive family. I hear so many people talk about how their spouse, parents or other family members discourage them, tell them to get a "real job" and shit on their dreams. My wife is always encouraging and makes sacrifices so I can pursue business. Same with my parents who are willing to spend their own time and effort to help me. I recognize that this is an amazing privilege.
This is worth so much! It is the same for me. They try to help everywhere they can. I am also greatful that I get so many great opportunities at the moment. I don't trust in luck only - you get more luck if you do more - but you still have to meet the right people at the right time. For that I am really thankful.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.