The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

What Are You Grateful For Today?

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
Can't even describe how grateful for the summer I am. (Hot and sunny) summer is the only time of the year where I truly feel like myself. Nothing better than starting the day with an easy run and a nice long swim.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Had a reader email me last week and say that my book was the catalyst and “FTE” that caused her to lose 250lbs. It helped her see the cognitive distortions in her mind that kept her on a path of obesity and disease. It was so incredible to read, and to see as she included “before” and “after” pictures.

Hearing this warmed my heart to realize the impact I am influencing goes beyond freedom and finances.

Primeperiwinkle

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
320%
Nov 30, 2018
Which one is it?
Born to Run by Christopher McDougall. If this book makes me a runner it will be a miracle but it's well-written, rapid plot, cool little asides and it just flows! You can tell the author is a reporter. Every paragraph is captivating.

Ronnie Bryan

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
64%
May 4, 2015
Oklahoma
There are countless studies explaining why gratitude works and how it impacts positively our well-being.

A couple of weeks ago I started with my girlfriend daily "say 5 things you're grateful for" practice and it's been helpful to slowly learn to focus more on the good aspects of life instead of the negative ones.

So, what are you grateful for today? Just pop in here whenever you want to share some grateful thoughts with others. I hope that this thread will become a source of consistent positivity.
Right now, I am grateful for Landfill keeps you mindful of unproductive use of time. And puts you in VALUE check.

EasyStu

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
May 19, 2022
Berlin
I am grateful for:

- the internet and be able to have access to knowldege and different mind sets
- hearing birds outside and seeing the nature awaken in spring
- be able to learn any skill with the help of others or their knowledge
- have clean water and a black tea while learning
- to be alive and make experiences

rjdgreat

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
130%
Jul 28, 2022
Why this thread has minority of replies? well I guess people now a days has a hard time being grateful...
Anyway, I am grateful because...

I still had the...

- sense of sight
-sense of smell
-sense of hearing
-power to speech
-sense of taste
-spirit of life
-power to procreate

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
Resurrecting this thread. Two and a half years later, I'm still practicing gratitude daily. It's now also a daily occurrence for me to feel gratitude spontaneously which was rare before.

Subsonic

How you do anything is how you do everything
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
281%
Aug 16, 2022
Germany
Resurrecting this thread. Two and a half years later, I'm still practicing gratitude daily. It's now also a daily occurrence for me to feel gratitude spontaneously which was rare before.
Been doing it for a long time as well.

You know it's working when the first thought in hard situations is "Man I am do grateful that this not worse".

Really sick rn but still grateful that it's not worse.

TheJon

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
111%
Aug 7, 2022
Philadelphia PA - USA
So much!

My family, my Fiancé, my fledging business, my job, my house, my car, the fact I can afford food. So much more!

DavidePaco00

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
116%
Jul 27, 2022
There are countless studies explaining why gratitude works and how it impacts positively our well-being.

A couple of weeks ago I started with my girlfriend daily "say 5 things you're grateful for" practice and it's been helpful to slowly learn to focus more on the good aspects of life instead of the negative ones.

So, what are you grateful for today? Just pop in here whenever you want to share some grateful thoughts with others. I hope that this thread will become a source of consistent positivity.
I'm grateful for having overcomed ton of negativity that my mind has created over the last threee weeeks, juts by doing one of the things that I enjoy the most: playing the guitar.

I'm also grateful for everything that have reached so far, I life a wondderful life, full of meaning and purpose, I havea eatiful family and friends, I woundn't chane it for anything else.

Cheers :)

perchboy

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
320%
Aug 7, 2022
Toronto, Canada
I’m grateful for being so young. I know that my future self will be looking back at these “good old days”. I will show my gratitude by making every second count.

WJK

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
257%
Oct 9, 2017
Alaska
Looking out over the water from inside my warm home, there's nowhere I have to be, no one telling me what to do, no people in my life that I can't stand, a business that pays me well each month that is growing each year, tons of time to pursue hobbies and keep life interesting, I've got peace of mind and a happy, traditional, submissive girlfriend alongside me. My problems aren't even problems. Every day is like Saturday.
Glad you're happy.

I was amused by your "girlfriend" comment. Traditional and submissive -- not the women I know since the 1950s.

DW85014

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
91%
Feb 10, 2022
In '99, I had a vision and made a decision
Being broke is against my religion
- Curtis "50 Cent" Jackson

I'm currently grateful for being able to sit on a comfortable sofa in a warm house with a beautiful ocean view and get to post on this incredible forum :D

View attachment 40982
Can I first say that as beautiful as your house view is - I'm more impressed with the forgotten (or first time heard[read]) 50 cent quote....

"In '99, I had a vision and made a decision
Being broke is against my religion"
- Curtis "50 Cent" Jackson

That being said, I'm grateful for my new townhome, my son, my new wife (version 2.0 is much better than 1.0 IMHO), my small but regrowing library, my car, the wife's car, my health, vision, the fact I currently don't have any BIG boss but several small ones, the fact that I see sunshine outside 90-95% of the time now compared to my native MidWest state with 30-40% sunshine on a lucky year. I'm grateful for this forum, I'm grateful that I am helping other business owners meet their goals. I'm grateful for AI, I'm grateful that Civil War II hasn't yet popped off in America despite the media (ON BOTH SIDES)'s self-destructive attempts to stoke it, I'm grateful I have about 1 more task before bedtime (It's midnight as I write this), I'm grateful that Grammarly (an AI I think) keeps telling me it's GRATEFUL and not GREATFUL - [oh darn my lack of grammar secret is out]. I'm grateful I just got back from a mini vacation last week with friends and I'm going on a longer vacation with my wife to easily one of my favorite places in the US in 2 weeks. I'm grateful I met Jim Lee one of my absolute artistic hero's a few weeks back. I'm grateful for the bumps in the road and also the "'feet-off-the-peddles,-let's-go-'weee!" portions of the entrepreneurship journey in my future and my past. I'm thankful for @MTF for posting this and I'm thankful for anyone else taking the time to read this far. I appreciate you.

rjdgreat

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
130%
Jul 28, 2022
I am grateful that this forum exist and this forum have wonderful brothers to support you on your journey in life.

designernils

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
53%
Feb 3, 2023
Munich
I am grateful to have a great family and the opportunity to do everything I want. I am especially thankful that my eyesight is getting better every day and that I will soon be able to get rid of my glasses!

nopalmer

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
69%
Feb 7, 2023
Good health and my family. And the fact I accidentally discovered a small bakery yesterday with the best bread ever.

Johnny boy

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
631%
May 9, 2017
Washington State
Glad you're happy.

I was amused by your "girlfriend" comment. Traditional and submissive -- not the women I know since the 1950s.
You are with the wrong people. My social circle all has girlfriends/wives that are modest, religious, pretty, don’t post on social media, and don’t associate with people who are not like them.

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 8, 2019
Southeast Asia
I am grateful that I am not called up for war.

There is a conflict in Europe where young men from both sides are trapped in hell.

War is so brutal that that anyone survives them will have huge emotional scars.

It makes whatever problem and pain that I have now so minis-cure in comparison.

ZackerySprague

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Jun 26, 2021
Fort Worth, Texas
Being alive and well. Having good health. Seeing my grandmother almost dying at the beginning of May made my heart sank. Being able to help people as well, just seeing your loved one's disappear or almost die can change your point of view about life and how health really matters.

Albert KOUADJA

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
84%
Mar 13, 2022
I am grateful to be alive, healthy, to be able to pursue my wildest dreams. I am grateful that everyone in my family is healthy and for everything I actually have.

Runum

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Aug 8, 2007
DFW, Texas
I Stared Death in the face and survived. I drove my truck yesterday for the first time in over a year. I can mow the grass and work on the fence. I can stand and walk. I am able to eat and drink. I get to socialize with people and celebrate with them. If/when I do feel pain, it means I am still alive. I can feel the wind on my face, the sun on my skin and smell fresh air.

I get a charge from seeing the progress ya'll are making in your lives. Thankful for all my fastlane friends.

Last edited:

WJK

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
257%
Oct 9, 2017
Alaska
You are with the wrong people. My social circle all has girlfriends/wives that are modest, religious, pretty, don’t post on social media, and don’t associate with people who are not like them.
You are posting on this Forum? And it's not OK for a woman to do the same?

I became an adult in a world in which women could not buy a house, have a credit card in their name, take out a loan, or do much without a man's signature. The Fair Credit Act became law in the US in 1974 giving women equal financial rights. I'm blessed as a woman to have all these rights.

My mother was subservient to my dad. He was very abusive and it was against her religion to get a divorce -- just about no matter what he did. I never wanted to be my mom. I always wanted more. I've had a wonderful RE career for 47 years where I have been able to call my own shots. I'm proud of my 4 college degrees. I'm proud of my career. What I'm most proud of going back and getting Mom out of that 43 years of marriage hell. I took care of her for the last 10 years of her life. And together we lived a very full, happy life. She grew into a different person when she got away from him. I've been on the other side. So that's why I have a different perspective than you.

ZackerySprague

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Jun 26, 2021
Fort Worth, Texas
I Stared Death and the face and survived. I drove my truck yesterday for the first time in over a year. I can mow the grass and work on the fence. I can stand and walk. I am able to eat and drink. I get to socialize with people and celebrate with them. If/when I do feel pain, it means I am still alive. I can feel the wind on my face, the sun on my skin and smell fresh air.

I get a charge from seeing the progress ya'll are making in your lives. Thankful for all my fastlane friends.
I’m glad your here!

Feuertaufe

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Oct 26, 2021
Germany
Today i am grateful for, that my 8 mo. old son is healthy and smiles at when he sees me.

WJK

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
257%
Oct 9, 2017
Alaska
I was reading the other day about the difference between grateful and thankful. They are two different feelings. Thankfulness is more of a temporary feeling for the moment. Grateful is what you feel something long-term in your gut. It's more profound. I've changed my morning statement of what I'm feeling from being labeled grateful to thankful. I have a few "grateful" things in my life. Most are simply a moment of being thankful for today's reality.

JOSUEE

New Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
83%
Apr 9, 2023
I’m grateful I’m able to read since I realized one day while reading that not everybody can read. I also found out that those who can read usually don’t read.

The knowledge from reading high quality books and forums give some insane value. I’m also grateful for that.

Raedrum

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
232%
Jul 30, 2019
Ha yes excellent idea of a thread

Today I'm begin grateful for having been able to work some hours efficiently despite the fact that I got up without any motivation.

Efficiently meaning focused and going straight to the point, because I'm such easily distracted and/or perfectionnist.

It was a "Discipline +1" day

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.