The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.
Anything related to bitcoin, crypto, blockchain

PetePreneur

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
106%
Jan 28, 2017
UK

D.Baron

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Dec 28, 2017
Malta
Coins:

Bought Monero at the time it was 50$ per unit end of August 2017, now 378$ something.

Bought Bitcoin at 300$ but was too "idiotic" busy with selling it too fast. (Yes, I admit was greedy sales period.)

Bought Electroneum at its ICO price for 0.01 per unit which is now at 0.08cts but will definitely go up.

Since today I bought some Bitcoin Cash Coin.

Ripple has good potential with pretty low investment. Ripple went from 0.20cts (mid December 2017) to 2.82$ at the moment.

Wallets:

Bitcoin - Portable Electroneum
Bitcoin Cash - Portable ElectronCash (the little brother of Electroneum
Electroneum - The paper wallet.
Monero - Monero offline wallet is a bit of a learning curve but better safe than sorry.

Perhaps for some of you handy: Use Shapeshift to turn BTC into Ripple or any other Crypto currency.

Storage:

For storage I use the portable wallets on USB stick which I encrypt with Vera Crypt.

When you use VeraCrypt I would suggest you use hidden folders inside it. In case people force you to open the discovered VeraCrypt folders you will give the password for the folder that keeps the hidden one. This way people will open the folder which does not contain your main wallet. VeraCRypt is easy as 123 and on the site everything is explained with images. (and its free)

I keep all my coins like that. Cold storage and hidden encrypted folders.

lonewolf28

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
33%
Jul 4, 2016
New York
Hey guys, how do I convert LTC to BTC or ETH, quickly and cheap ( low fees)?

I bought LTC on Coinbase and trasnferred to Binance (low fee+ quick processing time).

Now what?

Do I have to sell my LTC on Binance and then buy ETH or do I use changelly?

I searched everywhere and nothing.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

TinyTim

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
May 1, 2016
The World

I bought LTC on Coinbase and trasnferred to Binance (low fee+ quick processing time).

Now what?

Just exchange LTC for BTC or ETH on Binance. It's a straight swap.

Click on the basic exchange. Then look for LTC/BTC. Then sell your LTC for BTC. Then congrats you own Bitcoin and can keep or use the same steps and exchange for a different coin.

lonewolf28

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
33%
Jul 4, 2016
New York
Just exchange LTC for BTC or ETH on Binance. It's a straight swap.

Click on the basic exchange. Then look for LTC/BTC. Then sell your LTC for BTC. Then congrats you own Bitcoin and can keep or use the same steps and exchange for a different coin.
Thanks, Tim! :)

Strive

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey

Now what?

Also to follow up on that, use GDAX to move your coins from Coinbase to avoid the transfer fees.

So: Coinbase -> GDAX -> Binance

ljb7

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
196%
Jun 7, 2014
Quick tip if you're trading through Binance to get 50% off trade fees

Stock up on a small amount of Binance coins (BNB) before trading your BTC/XYZ or ETH/XYZ. Check the 'Use BNB to Deduct Fees' and It will cut your all trade fees by 50%

lonewolf28

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
33%
Jul 4, 2016
New York
Quick tip if you're trading through Binance to get 50% off trade fees

Stock up on a small amount of Binance coins (BNB) before trading your BTC/XYZ or ETH/XYZ. Check the 'Use BNB to Deduct Fees' and It will cut your all trade fees by 50%
Thanks Ljb7!

mguerra

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
124%
Mar 23, 2015
Hey folks, what are your thoughts on TRX right now? A lot of FUD has being spread out and It seems like the coin won't go much far from here.

Does anybody here thinks it will still rise above 0.20 in short-medium term?

PetePreneur

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
106%
Jan 28, 2017
UK
Hey folks, what are your thoughts on TRX right now? A lot of FUD has being spread out and It seems like the coin won't go much far from here.

My personal opinion is that anything in the top 15 that doesn't yet have a working product is abit overvalued, but the likes of Cardano seem to be doing fine still, so I dunno.

Ballistic_Tip

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Apr 30, 2014
Oklahoma

I got skeered and dumped my TRX..... to buy more XRP

NewManRising

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
147%
Oct 30, 2017
Los Angeles
If you look on crypto calendar you can see Tron has a few things lined up. If you do get in Tron you need to think long term. It is not gonna explode in price in just a few days or even weeks. I think Tron has the XVG effect right now. Just because it pumped a few times people are thinking that is how it is going to be all the time. I am part of some crypto chats and that is all people talk about. They chase the pumps and most end up losing money or having their money stuck because they don't want to sell at a loss.

Jill

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
76%
Jan 26, 2008
Frisco, TX (Dallas)
Hey Guys, So we all know research is important, but where do you get this big news from? Do you just google each coin and find the latest news or youtube it and just save on a folder. Whats your method? Any tips anyone?
I'm lucky to get most of my signals from hanging out in a private Whatsapp chat with a bunch of OG whales, founders, etc. I just sit back and listen...a LOT because I trust that they know the ecosystem better than any just about anyone on the planet.

Other than that, though, +1 what ljb7 said.

Elijah

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Jul 6, 2017
Austria
I'm lucky to get most of my signals from hanging out in a private Whatsapp chat with a bunch of OG whales, founders, etc. I just sit back and listen...a LOT because I trust that they know the ecosystem better than any just about anyone on the planet.

Other than that, though, +1 what ljb7 said.

How do you get into groups like that?

Fahiem

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
133%
Jan 13, 2018
United Kingdom
Who would you guys recommend instead of Binance? I tried signing up with them today, but due to a huge surge of new users they're not taking on anyone else at this moment until they upgrade their system.

steelandchrome

Author of The Retail Leader Book.
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
158%
Nov 6, 2016
Goodyear Az
Who would you guys recommend instead of Binance? I tried signing up with them today, but due to a huge surge of new users they're not taking on anyone else at this moment until they upgrade their system.
Kucoin is ok and was fast to sign up but low volume so prices vary a bit on some coins.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Fahiem

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
133%
Jan 13, 2018
United Kingdom
Kucoin is ok and was fast to sign up but low volume so prices vary a bit on some coins.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Thanks for that. Looks like Binance is back up and running, I've just signed up.

I'm currently leaning towards ADA, ETN and VEChain as my first investments. Any advice for this newbie would be greatly appreciated:)

bringitnow28329

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Mar 30, 2013
Providence
The underlying technology doesn't mean anything right now besides making people believe they are gonna get rich quick. Cryptos are trading vehicles. That is all they are right now, especially lower priced ones. Besides managing money for a fund, I have been a trader for 15 years for my own account. The advise that we give is don't put money you can't afford to flush down the toilette into cryptos. It's good advise for the average person. As a trader the cryptos are the most amazing event since the dotcomm bubble but again the easy money has been made. As the markets mature it will get tougher to just buy and a few days later be sitting on a pile of cash like you can do now.

do you know what is false, using Finance knowledge from Funds/stockmarket to talk about cryptos.... People starting to believe in this as alternative paying/money system with more value than fiat money, thats it... i also said dont watch the sh*t coins, take a look at coins with a reason (technology, anonimity and speed, transactions cost etc...), a lot of altcoins will kill BTC in future becuase they will outperform BTC, thats easy. You talk like my banking consultant, he is not rich but playing the "i work at the bank i know whats the best for your money" card......

You would give the same advise 1 year ago when BTC was under 50$... If your not aware of it, it made a lot of people millionaires......

and yes most people try to chase money now so be beware of the pump and dump game!

PetePreneur

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
106%
Jan 28, 2017
UK
The underlying technology doesn't mean anything right now besides making people believe they are gonna get rich quick. Cryptos are trading vehicles. That is all they are right now, especially lower priced ones. Besides managing money for a fund, I have been a trader for 15 years for my own account. The advise that we give is don't put money you can't afford to flush down the toilette into cryptos. It's good advise for the average person. As a trader the cryptos are the most amazing event since the dotcomm bubble but again the easy money has been made. As the markets mature it will get tougher to just buy and a few days later be sitting on a pile of cash like you can do now.

How long do you think we’ve got though? I’m trying to compare this to the dotcom bubble that reached about $8 trillion I think. I don’t think it’s peaked yet, but I’m not expecting a 20 times gain of the overall cap in a year. I think lots of the top 10 are already in a bubble IMO, but lots of the ones lower down aren’t.

Autobahn1985

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
179%
May 10, 2017
Germany
Anybody here thinks that the potential kucoin listing of TRX and the partnership with game.com will have any major effect on TRX? Since it's mostly mass psychology at this point imo...

PetePreneur

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
106%
Jan 28, 2017
UK
Anybody here thinks that the potential kucoin listing of TRX and the partnership with game.com will have any major effect on TRX? Since it's mostly mass psychology at this point imo...

I think the founder of TRX invested in Game.com at the start and it didn't shift it much (Game.com). I've heard that the TRX whitepaper isn't all that great and they don't currently have a working product. It's so low at the moment though that it may still recover abit.

If I had money, I'd invest in more solid projects like IOTA and VEN though at these prices, but it's up to you really!

aikay77

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
153%
Mar 6, 2011
Bridgecoin (BCO) is a coin that entitles you to a 75% share of all exchange profits on Cryptobridge - a new and upcoming decentralised exchange.

Currently daily volume is between $2-3m, so its early days (it only fully released 1 month ago) and i believe the coin is still cheap, even though it has already done 50x since I got in.

As an example, if you hold 1k BCO and Cryptobridge gets 1b daily volume then you would be looking at around $350 a day in profits shared from the exchange, just from staking your coins.

www.crypto-bridge.org

How does one buy this? I have always wanted to get into a decentralized exchange and I'd want to buy this coin.

I looked at their site and didn't see anything on how to buy.

Thanks

PetePreneur

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
106%
Jan 28, 2017
UK

Brissy

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
88%
Jul 2, 2016
Is there an offline wallet for VEN?Tried coinomi but couldn't get it to work.

"A 3 cent coin can jump to 3$ more easy than one from 300 to 30000 because its cryptos"

Not if that $0.03 coin has a market cap of 1 trillion and that $300 coin has a market cap of 50million.

PedroG

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
264%
Oct 1, 2013
NH

You can store VEN in an Ethereum wallet (myetherwallet.com), since it's a token for now. In a few months they are supposed to release their own blockchain and a wallet. You'll be able to swap your tokens for their new coins using their wallet I believe.

TinyTim

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
May 1, 2016
The World

Like PeterCastle says, you can use MEW - which is what most people do. I use the Ledger Nano hardware wallet (although I beleive they are out of stock for a few months).

When their chain is made public in Q2, you'll be able to store your tokens in the VeChain wallet. VeChain Thor is a two coin system, meaning you'll receive free Thor tokens when you stake your VET tokens.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.