The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Well... I'm officially a Millionaire

Smoothsailor

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
95%
Mar 21, 2016
New York
When I become officially a millionaire or shall we say financially comfortable I'm going to provide as much information as possible on how I did it.

I will also provide any verication or proof as necessary.

The reason I will do this are for two reasons. Firstly to help others as much as I can with the knowledge and experience I have gained from the process. Secondly by providing proof of said income I hope it will act as a motivation to others.

Everyone is different however but thats just me.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk
You also inspired me and I'll do the same!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Edvin

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
May 22, 2016
Hesitant to post this for obvious reasons, but I intend to distance myself from my former persona/life anyway so what's the difference.

I joined the forum 7 years ago at the age of 15. In that time 100s of faceless people have come and gone. 99% of whom have gone back to their mediocre lives to do mediocre things. They will all be forgotten, and already have been. They gave up when it got too hard. Thankfully I never gave up the fight. And neither have you.

Heck, I even thanked MJ directly in my highschool yearbook quote, and a few other big time fastlaners from back in the early days. Thank you teachers, faculty and peers? Nah bro, thank you PhxMJ and company. (that was his old username.. and it will forever be engraved in that book).

Didn't know what the hell I was doing for the most part. I was hooked on Trump's Apprentice and Kiyosaki's books. That was my intro to business 101. It took me 7 years to figure this shit out.

I'm 23 now. I don't have to answer to anyone, or punch a clock, or do anything that I don't want to do.

Fight for your dreams. Turn off the TV NOW, not tomorrow. Do something every day to get you closer to your goals. You get one shot at life. Make it count.

Society creates so many things to distract you from where you want to be. They make you watch rich grown men play ball games, and they tell you you need to buy product xyz in order to have a life worth living. If you aren't where you want to be in life, that garbage is doing nothing but holding you back. F*ck all the noise.

There is no wisdom in the crowd.

Fight, fight, FIGHT. Get it.

Time for a new chapter to be written. :)

I wish the best of success to everyone here. It's out there.. you just gotta seize it.

*removing pic proof due to creepy PMs.* It has been posted (and so has been proven). Can resend proof to mods if needed*

***** Read MJ's update to this thread:
https://www.thefastlaneforum.com/co...cially-a-millionaire.63129/page-7#post-497738
Wow! This was really a great post man! Hope you are still doing really well and enjoying the Fastlane brah!

Last edited by a moderator:

nichiseven

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
156%
Mar 1, 2016
People are afraid of being themselves.
Nobody is giving them permission.
Little do they know they don't need any.

A decade. That's how long it took me to learn this lesson the hard way. I had an insatiable need to please and be accepted by others. I still find genuine happiness in helping, I just avoid taking the martyr route.

PabloCP

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Sep 16, 2016
Society creates so many things to distract you from where you want to be. They make you watch rich grown men play ball games, and they tell you you need to buy product xyz in order to have a life worth living. If you aren't where you want to be in life, that garbage is doing nothing but holding you back. F*ck all the noise.

This resonates with me a lot; so true.

Yussef

Knowledge Recycler
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
76%
Jan 30, 2012
Guys,

First, Ryan has been removed from the forum per HIS request. He is now a Deleted User.

Second, this thread has been marked GOLD and there are TWO viewpoints why.

You are free to take either.

VIEWPOINT #1:

This thread is GOLD because you believe "GC" (aka: GrumpyCat, RichKid prior to that) and obviously want to celebrate his accomplishment. It is indeed spectacular, so spectacular that MarketWatch or some financial news website should do a story on him. Heck, we should do a story.

But the minor details behind this incredible story will never be told. It's not going to happen. Not here or anywhere.

This thread is GOLD because you believe the story that we have a young man whose hustle and arbitrage threads for the last 7 years, profiting a few dollars per transaction, is suddenly a millionaire in some undisclosed venture where just months earlier, said individual was complaining about roommates and not being able to afford this or that.

This thread is GOLD because you believe he made 20% in 3 months trading stocks while simultaneously avoiding every call pouring in from Wall Street hedge fund managers looking to recruit him.

OR

VIEWPOINT #2

This thread is marked GOLD to show just how gullible people are and how they will believe anything they read without a smidgen of critical thinking and due diligence. This is how people get ripped off, believing that the Super Trader Mohammed makes 20% per month on his cash just because he says so, while posting a grainy screenshot as evidence.
  1. GC has been here for nearly seven years. In that time, he has requested his account to be "self-banned" more than a 1/2 dozen times. I won't go into the personal explanations/details given at the time, but lets just say, there IS significant histrionics here which, shall we say, don't lend credibility to his claim.

2. GC has posted A LOT of quality content on the forum. Let me repeat that: QUALITY CONTENT. Hustle threads, arbitrage, some really really great stuff. He's actually one of my favorite posters and I am sad to see him go. However, the mods and I find it strange that he has regularly and routinely shared with us how to make pennies while strangely, omitted to us how he made millions. Wouldn't that be something to be shared with a community dedicated to making millionaires? Not thousandaires?

3. The moment this thread was posted (before anyone even commented!) one of the mods familiar with GC's history here at the forum speculated that his "I'm a millionaire" thread will lead to GC's 8th self-banning or request to "delete my account." It's why we have quarantined ourselves from this thread. A few weeks later, dozens of posts later, sure enough, it happened, as predicted, and on schedule. You see, that's the pattern that's emerged with GC with many of his posts which carry extravagant and bold claims-- when the fire heats up, request your account to be deleted, and high tail it out of town.
At the end of the day, whether GC is being truthful or not, I truly believe he will succeed in life. The kid is bright and motivated. IMO, he has wisdom beyond his years. Unfortunately, I think there are some other issues going on here which I hope he addresses at some point in his life.

That said, I'm not sure what I believe. Many folks I know personally have mentioned to me their doubts on this thread and they were confused why I (or the mods) have been cautiously sitting back and watching.

I tried to keep every statement above factual. Some of those facts are taken from GC's own words on posts made months, years ago. However, as humans, we tend to take facts and build a narrative from it. The narrative the mods and I see isn't one to be sanctified and certified as a true Fastlane success story. We desperately want it to be. I want it to be. These stories validate Fastlane. Unfortunately, that narrative (as it stands now in my eye) doesn't allow me to safely lend to that conclusion.

I hope GC returns.

Moreover, I hope such a great accomplishment can be verified. I hope all of us craggy old mods can whimper away with our tails between our legs.

I wish GC well and pray that he finds whatever peace he seeks.

Carry on.

~ MJ

Damn

Olie Sins

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
146%
May 28, 2017
World Wide
Hesitant to post this for obvious reasons, but I intend to distance myself from my former persona/life anyway so what's the difference.

I joined the forum 7 years ago at the age of 15. In that time 100s of faceless people have come and gone. 99% of whom have gone back to their mediocre lives to do mediocre things. They will all be forgotten, and already have been. They gave up when it got too hard. Thankfully I never gave up the fight. And neither have you.

Heck, I even thanked MJ directly in my highschool yearbook quote, and a few other big time fastlaners from back in the early days. Thank you teachers, faculty and peers? Nah bro, thank you PhxMJ and company. (that was his old username.. and it will forever be engraved in that book).

Didn't know what the hell I was doing for the most part. I was hooked on Trump's Apprentice and Kiyosaki's books. That was my intro to business 101. It took me 7 years to figure this shit out.

I'm 23 now. I don't have to answer to anyone, or punch a clock, or do anything that I don't want to do.

Fight for your dreams. Turn off the TV NOW, not tomorrow. Do something every day to get you closer to your goals. You get one shot at life. Make it count.

There is no wisdom in the crowd.

Fight, fight, FIGHT. Get it.

Time for a new chapter to be written. :)

I wish the best of success to everyone here. It's out there.. you just gotta seize it.

*removing pic proof due to creepy PMs.* It has been posted (and so has been proven). Can resend proof to mods if needed*

***** Read MJ's update to this thread:
GOLD - Well... I'm officially a Millionaire
This is inspiring. I'm in the dazed and confused phase in terms of business, like a dog who finally caught a cat but doesn't know what to do with it. This makes me want to keep going, to dig deeper into myself. Suddenly, becoming a millionaire seems like something I can actually attain. Thanks for this post, I know I'm a year late, but congratulations on your millionaire status.

Last edited by a moderator:

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
This is inspiring. I'm in the dazed and confused phase in terms of business, like a dog who finally caught a cat but doesn't know what to do with it. This makes me want to keep going, to dig deeper into myself. Suddenly, becoming a millionaire seems like something I can actually attain. Thanks for this post, I know I'm a year late, but congratulations on your millionaire status.
Keep reading the thread.

theag

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
Jan 19, 2012

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
I'm just about to finish The Millionaire Fastlane , next I'll read Unscripted . What's your favorite business/entrepreneur/inspirational book of all time?
Keeping reading the thread because everything is not as it seems. TL;DR? Just read the posts on this page.

I liked TMF , especially the audio version. Unscripted just arrived in the post.

I also liked "Built to Sell" (definitely not the audio version), "Ready, Fire, Aim", "The ONE Thing", "Start With Why", and "The Obstacle Is The Way".

Olie Sins

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
146%
May 28, 2017
World Wide
Keeping reading the thread because everything is not as it seems. TL;DR? Just read the posts on this page.

I liked TMF , especially the audio version. Unscripted just arrived in the post.

I also liked "Built to Sell" (definitely not the audio version), "Ready, Fire, Aim", "The ONE Thing", "Start With Why", and "The Obstacle Is The Way".
I just added all of these books to my reading list, and I'll read them in that order too. I'll continue to read the posts on this page as well. Thanks for the insight Mr. Black.

Xeon

All Cars Kneel Before Pagani.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore

TheCj

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Jan 3, 2017
Ontario, Canada

devidel

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
78%
Feb 15, 2021
It seems it's an old thread and user left the community.
Still, This is an amazing and inspiring story.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland

Ronnie Bryan

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
64%
May 4, 2015
Oklahoma
Very excited for you. This made me smile. Share some wisdom if you get time what are some tough lessons you learned along the way? Thank you in advance for passing on knowledge.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Check out post 228

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.