The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Web Design as a First Step Towards Entrepreneurship

Anything considered a "hustle" and not necessarily a CENTS-based Fastlane

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
Hey everyone,

This will be a thread I am going to link from my Youtube channel to try get people to check out this forum.
This forum (and the books from @MJ DeMarco) have been the most pivotal content I have come across and I hope others can get massive value from it as well.

Thread purpose:
- Introduce new people to the forum (feel free to make an intro post)
- You can ask anything about starting a web design business and/or how to use it to get going with a bigger business
- A place to post other threads/resources from these forums that are highly valuable

If this is the first post you are reading on the forums just sign up and you can start asking whatever questions you got or just introduce yourself for now.

If you are already on the forums and got some questions around web design, either as a business or as a starting point, just post up and myself or other members can jump in and help you out.

Some useful links for now:

- The creator of this forum (MJ DeMarco) and his back story: My Story – MJ DeMarco

- My previous web design progress thread: GOLD! - How to Learn Code, Start a Web Company, $15k+ per month within 9 months

- A great current thread on growing a web design business by @GuitarManDan : GOLD! - Moved to Scottsdale, Growing a Web Design Firm

Some excellent overall business mindset threads:
- GOLD! - Do You Have A Successful Entrepreneurial Premise?
- GOLD! - Ever wonder how people end up in dead end jobs at 40?
- GOLD! - What one year on this forum can do
- GOLD! - Quit my job, living in the fastlane. (How I Set Myself Up To Quit)
- GOLD! - SUCCESS STORY: Biophase
- GOLD! - The absolute BEST book you MUST read!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
This is a video that just went up that links back to here.

Since I don't have a free FB group anymore I hope this thread can become a place for web designers to get advice off each other. make some new connections, and start thinking a lot bigger in terms of business/web design.

The Racing Driver

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
171%
Apr 20, 2015
UK

Since I don't have a free FB group anymore I hope this thread can become a place for web designers to get advice off each other. make some new connections, and start thinking a lot bigger in terms of business/web design.

Thanks for the video explanation Fox! I really appreciate it and think what you said makes a lot of sense.

I wanted to get your advice on what opportunities do you see available from knowing backend/server-side languages/frameworks such as Python and Django?

Would this be an advantage or good differentiating factor when trying to build the $100k/year type web design business you mentioned in your video ?

Most regular businesses don't care or even know about these languages, but a few surely do, like tech startups. However, I find that they're often looking to hire developers to do the work in-house. Do you see opportunities to use these skills if you're running your own web business?

BLIM

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
79%
May 24, 2018
Singapore

Thanks a lot fox, I have been following you for 2 weeks now and just want to see whether this will suit me. Basically because my background is in IT (Cisco World) which is totally different with Web Design world.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.