The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

My first step towards entrepreneurship

Gadnuk

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
167%
Jan 31, 2024
Hi!
Sooo.... I've been lurking for over a week now, reading, learning and thinking how to get started, when I saw the thread "Getting Started Is This Simple...". I've decided to try the self emplyed route first and I can think about business along the way while learning skills that will help me in the future - "building the foundation" how I like to call it.
My first goal is to quit my job (I work as a cook in a casual dining restaurant). I hate it so much that even my friend started looking for other jobs for me, but after finishing fastlane I set my sight on building a business instead.
I have an idea what I can do now to start making money(altough it's not something I could scale) and even started buying stuff I'm gonna need and reaserching.
I do have negative thoughts sometimes, like: "I am not ready", "what am I doing" feeling like a fraud or that I won't be able to sell, but I've decided to ignore them and just do it. Take the shortest route, give it all (no action faking so that I can fail and go back to a job).
As soon as I start making money from my side business I'm gonna ask to work part time and then hopefully leave.

I do have other bigger goals in life, like being a millionaire in my thirties, having a family, a son etc. and also a few other smaller goals, but.....
The thought that my current job might actully be the last job I ever have is unbelievably motivating and takes all my attention.

I should start posting my progress soon (sometime in the next 2 weeks as I am figuring everything out).

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

EliaR

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
112%
Jan 5, 2024
Hi!
Sooo.... I've been lurking for over a week now, reading, learning and thinking how to get started, when I saw the thread "Getting Started Is This Simple...". I've decided to try the self emplyed route first and I can think about business along the way while learning skills that will help me in the future - "building the foundation" how I like to call it.
My first goal is to quit my job (I work as a cook in a casual dining restaurant). I hate it so much that even my friend started looking for other jobs for me, but after finishing fastlane I set my sight on building a business instead.
I have an idea what I can do now to start making money(altough it's not something I could scale) and even started buying stuff I'm gonna need and reaserching.
I do have negative thoughts sometimes, like: "I am not ready", "what am I doing" feeling like a fraud or that I won't be able to sell, but I've decided to ignore them and just do it. Take the shortest route, give it all (no action faking so that I can fail and go back to a job).
As soon as I start making money from my side business I'm gonna ask to work part time and then hopefully leave.

I do have other bigger goals in life, like being a millionaire in my thirties, having a family, a son etc. and also a few other smaller goals, but.....
The thought that my current job might actully be the last job I ever have is unbelievably motivating and takes all my attention.

I should start posting my progress soon (sometime in the next 2 weeks as I am figuring everything out).
Good luck!
Looking forward to seeing your progress

Jinzou

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
286%
Feb 1, 2024
Germany
Hi!

I wish you good luck on your journey! You can do it!

Your post was also really inspiring for me as I oftentimes struggle with similar thoughts. Thank you so much for sharing, you provided me with new motivation.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...