The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Web Design and SaaS Journey

Idea threads

Cojo

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
56%
May 29, 2021
I have decided to go into saas. My venture with freelancing hasn't been successful over the years so I want to do something else.

I already have a saas product in my mind and would like to hear if any of you guys here would be interested in it.

The saas product I want to build will help businesses get more positive reviews and less negative reviews in review sites.

What do you guys think of it?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Tau Ceti

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
330%
Sep 15, 2014
Stockholm, Sweden
I don't think you will find the feedback you are looking for here but I could be wrong.

You should talk to your target customers and figure out a couple of things first:
- do they care about the problem?
- do they need your solution?
- are they willing to pay for it?

Can you build it cheaply and quickly to show them a prototype?

Remember ideas are easy, execution and distribution are the hardest parts.

If I were you I would start by pre-selling this product to at least a dozen business owners and then if they seem to want it, ask them to pay something like $50 each in order to confirm that they are interested.

Once you have done that, then you can start building it.

Mr.Aditya@1

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
10%
May 28, 2023
I don't think you will find the feedback you are looking for here but I could be wrong.

You should talk to your target customers and figure out a couple of things first:

If I were you I would start by pre-selling this product to at least a dozen business owners and then if they seem to want it, ask them to pay something like $50 each in order to confirm that they are interested.

I think this is the most appropriate suggestion thanks I also learned something

Cojo

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
56%
May 29, 2021
Hey guys,

After some back and forth with trying out software ideas that didn't go anywhere, I have decided to look back at my freelance web design career and talk note of the problems I faced.

And I was able to find up to 5 ranging from lead generation to cold call tracking.

Right now, I don't really have money so I will start freelancing again to support it.

Cojo

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
56%
May 29, 2021
Going to start cold calling. Might use LinkedIn too.

Cold emailing hasn't really been successful for me. The response rate is too low.

Cojo

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
56%
May 29, 2021
Hey @Fox. I just watched your cold calling video and you recommended telling them about a similar company you got results for.

I do have past works but they haven't been able to get sales from it. What do you recommend I do?

Cojo

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
56%
May 29, 2021
I really need to change my thread title and tags. @Andy Black could you help me out with this :happy:

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
I really need to change my thread title and tags. @Andy Black could you help me out with this :happy:
Sure. What would you like to change them to?

Also, after scanning your thread, what was the issue with freelancing and why do you think SaaS will work better for you?

Cojo

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
56%
May 29, 2021
Sure. What would you like to change them to?
What of Web Design and SaaS journey?

Also, after scanning your thread, what was the issue with freelancing and why do you think SaaS will work better for you?
Well, I always had a problem getting clients as freelance web design has become quite saturated. People usually recommend networking but I am not in an area were that would be possible or rather very few networking goes on here.

I also have 3 past works. I did 2 very cheap and 1 was free. No referrals came out of it so I got tired. The economy here is very bad, prices keep increasing while salary is the same. I currently live in a place with no power supply. I have to charge my phone and laptop in my neighbours' rooms because I can't afford a generator and even if I could, the fuel prices are ridiculous. Getting US clients would be harder as they would rather work with people in the same area.

Why I was considering SaaS is because I thought it will be easier getting users vs web design clients but I don't have the money to make one.

EDIT: Also because if I stop getting clients, I stop making money.

Sorry if this became more of a rant.

Last edited:

Cojo

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
56%
May 29, 2021
Base on my available resources, LinkedIn is probably my best choice for getting clients.

I keep wondering if i will need a website because I'm selling websites.

Claymore96

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
10%
Oct 7, 2021
Germany

Mashallah! I admire your strategic thinking!

Cojo

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
56%
May 29, 2021
Made 15 connection requests on LinkedIn. So far no one has accepted.

Damn, I'm really suffering from shiny object syndrome. Anytime I do something, I feel like doing something else.

Cojo

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
56%
May 29, 2021
I don't have up to $7 and a .com domain is $9. I will even have to buy hosting and ssl.

I was told I don't need a website to get web design clients so maybe I worry over nothing.

It will probably be better to get enough money to pay chrome extension developer registration fee

Cojo

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
56%
May 29, 2021
Annoyingly, I didn't make any progress today. Just went after another idea.

Really envy people who can decide to do one thing and see it through. Don't understand why I can't

Cojo

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
56%
May 29, 2021
Hey guys. There's a roofing web design domain I purchased last year which will be expiring by October. Namecheap is giving a month free trail for wordpress hosting.

I'm considering if I should use it for the roofing domain as I don't have any roofing client.

@Andy Black @Fox what do you think?

theazizmoh_

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
77%
Apr 29, 2022
I have decided to go into saas. My venture with freelancing hasn't been successful over the years so I want to do something else.

I already have a saas product in my mind and would like to hear if any of you guys here would be interested in it.

The saas product I want to build will help businesses get more positive reviews and less negative reviews in review sites.

What do you guys think of it?
Bro, validate your idea! Craft a landing page with good copy and have a "waitlist" sign up button

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Hey guys. There's a roofing web design domain I purchased last year which will be expiring by October. Namecheap is giving a month free trail for wordpress hosting.

I'm considering if I should use it for the roofing domain as I don't have any roofing client.

@Andy Black @Fox what do you think?
Get a roofing client first? Domain stuff comes later.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.