The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Kickstarting Your SaaS Journey in 2023 (edited)

A topic related to SAAS or APPs

Wolffe

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Jun 13, 2022
Hey guys, I've started multiple Saas products in the past, many of which have failed. In a reply below I shared some of the most important things I've learned.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
First post and 3 broken rules...

1) Sounding like ChatGPT...
2) User-offloading (DM me!)
3) Self-promotion.

3 rules broken in a first post. Not a great start.

Instead, why don't you share some of your learning experiences in selling a SAAS business? I'm sure we'd all love to hear your experiences.

Wolffe

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Jun 13, 2022
First post and 3 broken rules...

1) Sounding like ChatGPT...
2) User-offloading (DM me!)
3) Self-promotion.

3 rules broken in a first post. Not a great start.

Instead, why don't you share some of your learning experiences in selling a SAAS business? I'm sure we'd all love to hear your experiences.
Here are some learning experiences in running and selling my small SaaS (and starting other SaaS companies that failed):

I think that there are 2 criteria that massively improve the chances of your SaaS succeeding:

-Solve a problem in an area where you have an unfair advantage (ex: you've been a content creator for years, you know the ins and out of the industry)
-Solve a problem that's painful and frequent, but most importantly, for an audience that has the budget and is willing to pay for it. Sell to businesses rather than to consumers. Consumers are cheap and churn fast. I've experienced this with myself; whenever I find a tool that will make my business money or save me time I don't have problem paying a $30 or even $50/month subscription, but I won't pay a $9/month subscription for a music app that I use every day.

When starting development for your SaaS build the simplest version possible and launch. Don't get stuck in adding new features and debugging. Anything that doesn't get you closer to your first paying customer is procrastinating. Test the market as soon as possible, find out if your idea solves an important problem and iterate from there. Create content around your SaaS (videos of how to use it or videos in that niche). At the beginning you won't get any views but it will pay over time.

Lastly, I will be editing my first post and change it for something that can help other users instead of promoting my SaaS agency. Many of these concepts come from MJ's books. I still remember the first time I read the millionaire fastlane , it forever changed how I saw things; no BS, for the first time I felt that someone was telling me how things were, and for that I'll be always grateful.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.