The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Web 3.0 (Ethereum) is happening, and most people have no idea what it even is.

arcola

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
72%
Feb 17, 2013
Los Angeles
Perfect. That's about $50K. I'll take that bet.

We will each put $50K in escrow, create an escrow agreement and then in three years one of us will walk away with the money.

And everyone here can watch and enjoy the show...

You can have your attorney write the escrow agreement or I'll be happy to have mine do it. Do you accept? And yes, I'm 100% serious.

I'm curious if you're willing to put your money where your mouth is...

I said bitcoin not cash. Are you putting up cash?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Strive

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
@MJ DeMarco can you just ban him from all crypto discussion?

Healthy discussion, whether positive or negative, about crypto is good. Being a dick for the sake of being a dick is not.

He's either extremely ignorant, getting his rocks off riling people up, or both. My bet is on both and it isn't needed on the forum.

arcola

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
72%
Feb 17, 2013
Los Angeles
I have used ETH, XMR, ZEC, DGB, NXT and a whole bunch of other coins to buy stuff.

What's your next bad argument?
Scott the thing is. I just don't believe you. What did you buy with ZEC? DGB? NXT? Did you just buy other coins? I know you didn't buy gas for your car or pay rent with any of them.

All these cryptos are like hundreds of solutions to tiny problems or they are different solutions of the one big problem - a true decentralize currency. In the first scenario the values are inflated just because people are trying to get in on the rise and put money in any store of value you like you people and in the second scenario theres only going to be one winner anyway.

It's all a scam. The only truly legit currency is Bitcoin and the rest are like telletubbies or tulips

arcola

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
72%
Feb 17, 2013
Los Angeles
@MJ DeMarco can you just ban him from all crypto discussion?

Healthy discussion, whether positive or negative, about crypto is good. Being a dick for the sake of being a dick is not.

He's either extremely ignorant, getting his rocks off riling people up, or both. My bet is on both and it isn't needed on the forum.

You sound like a one of those snowflake millennials. Any opinion that isn't yours is "being a dick" and you can't handle an adverse opinion.

I own more "crypto" than you buddy. I deserve a seat at the table and I'm trying to save these people money.

arcola

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
72%
Feb 17, 2013
Los Angeles
Nope, simply by definition. But, there is really only one major crypto coin that is attempting to replace fiat currency.

Your question doesn't apply to 99.999% of the other coins out there.

Do you think gold is no longer considered a store of value because nobody uses it as a fiat currency anymore?

What other questions do I need to answer before I'm allowed to call you an idiot?

Jscott, did you know that gold actually has intrinsic value as a jewelry?

Come on man.

aikay77

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
153%
Mar 6, 2011
It's all a scam. The only truly legit currency is Bitcoin and the rest are like telletubbies or tulips

Here we go again. 10 replies ago, you said, the only legit cryptos were Bitcoin, Ethereum and Litecoin. Now it's back to only Bitcoin.

Now I know you are are just an arrogant prick who doesn't know anything and will not admit that he doesn't.

arcola

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
72%
Feb 17, 2013
Los Angeles
I purchased a whole lot of cycles and memory from lots of people who own computers; I used those cycles to verify and record a transaction on a distributed ledger, which was then stored in memory on their computer.

They were willing to sell these cycles, memory and services for payment in ZEC, and I was willing to pay for these services in ZEC. No different than when I buy services from people in USD or any other currency.

If you understood how crypto worked, you'd understand that -- in most cases -- crypto coins are used as a currency to buy services.

Didn't you say we could call you an idiot if we answered your questions? How many questions do I need to answer before I'm allowed to do that?

Why did you use ZEC instead of USD?

arcola

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
72%
Feb 17, 2013
Los Angeles
Are you asking me what currencies are part of the bet?

How about everything currently listed on the defacto site for coin prices:

Cryptocurrency Market Capitalizations | CoinMarketCap

The coins currently listed on that site will be the list of coins that are part of the bet.

If none of those coins -- other than BTC, ETH and LTC -- are being sold publicly for more than 0 in any fiat currency, you win.

If any of those coins -- either than BTC, ETH and LTC -- are being sold publicly for more than 0 in any fiat currency, you lose.

Seems pretty simple. Accept the bet?
That list is too long just the currencies listed in THIS thread - I skimmed through it - all these ZEC and coins are losers. They will be $0 in 3 years. That bet I will put up funds for.

aikay77

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
153%
Mar 6, 2011

Here we go again. 10 replies ago, you said, the only legit cryptos were Bitcoin, Ethereum and Litecoin. Now it's back to only Bitcoin.

Now I know you are are just an ignorant arrogant prick who doesn't know anything about the topic and will not admit that he doesn't.

aikay77

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
153%
Mar 6, 2011

Now I know you are are just an ignorant arrogant prick who doesn't know anything and will not admit that he doesn't.

arcola

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
72%
Feb 17, 2013
Los Angeles

Now I know you are are just an arrogant prick who doesn't know anything and will not admit that he doesn't.

I don't think that Ethereum and Litecoin are as bad as the others, but I think that bitcoin is the only true shot at a real decentralized currency that everyone uses

Strive

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
You sound like a one of those snowflake millennials. Any opinion that isn't yours is "being a dick" and you can't handle an adverse opinion.

I own more "crypto" than you buddy. I deserve a seat at the table and I'm trying to save these people money.

Your contribution to these threads is exactly what you feel crypto is - worthless. Although at this point I don't know what you value, since it's gone from only BTC to BTC, ETH, LTC back to BTC.

You add no value to the discussions. When people point out why you're wrong you don't respond. When presented with an opportunity to stand by your statements in the form of a bet, you run away with your tail between your legs.

If you've ever read a single gold thread on the forum, you'd know your statement about Jscott not having $50k to do said bet is laughable.

Now you try to throw around how much money you have in crypto when you have no idea how much I have in it. So at this point I've got to say you're not only ignorant and a troll.. You're genuinely stupid. And I'm genuinely thankful for the block list.

arcola

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
72%
Feb 17, 2013
Los Angeles
Your contribution to these threads is exactly what you feel crypto is - worthless. Although at this point I don't know what you value, since it's gone from only BTC to BTC, ETH, LTC back to BTC.

You add no value to the discussions. When people point out why you're wrong you don't respond. When presented with an opportunity to stand by your statements in the form of a bet, you run away with your tail between your legs.

If you've ever read a single gold thread on the forum, you'd know your statement about Jscott not having $50k to do said bet is laughable.

Now you try to throw around how much money you have in crypto when you have no idea how much I have in it. So at this point I've got to say you're not only ignorant and a troll.. You're genuinely stupid. And I'm genuinely thankful for the block list.

That one hurt my feelings

I didn't think Jscott had 50k because I didn't think anyone who would put up 50k in cash for 45k in bitcoin could be smart enough to make 50k in the first place.

Last edited:

arcola

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
72%
Feb 17, 2013
Los Angeles
You people can hate all you want. But deep down, you know I'm right. Even Jordan Belfort is calling all these faceless, nameless ICO companies scams.

Anyone can make a coin these days and the fact most of them are tied to tiny, closed markets makes it even worse. I saw one coin that was selling a lot that was for selling virtual real estate. What a complete scam. The collapse is coming and you will remember this post and wish you listened to the only voice of reason here.

The Wolf of Wall Street Thinks Some ICOs Are 'The Biggest Scam Ever'

A cryptocurrency start-up disappeared with $375,000 from an ICO and nobody can find them

$15 Million ICO Halted By SEC For Being Alleged Scam

Ethereum Founder Warns of ICO Scams

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Seeing @arcola is incapable of dealing with facts and/or logic, he has been removed from this conversation. Now we don't have to hear about how everyone is a dickhead and retarded for speculating on cypto and the associated technologies.

I didn't think Jscott had 50k because I didn't think anyone who would put up 50k in cash for 45k in bitcoin could be smart enough to make 50k in the first place.

Not that you haven't done a bad job earlier in this thread, this is where you really prove that you don't have a F*cking clue what you're talking about, much less WHO you are talking about.

ddzc

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
216%
May 22, 2012
Toronto
Seeing @arcola is incapable of dealing with facts and/or logic, he has been removed from this conversation. Now we don't have to hear about how everyone is a dickhead and retarded for speculating on cypto and the associated technologies.

Not that you haven't done a bad job earlier in this thread, this is where you really prove that you don't have a f*cking clue what you're talking about, much less WHO you are talking about.

I was going to say, this guy is totally clueless and I can't believe anyone in this thread actually believes he owns 3 BTC, ya right. Kind of sounds like a relative of Tanisha.

4symmetry

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
95%
Jan 31, 2018
Munich/Germany
I'm not a programmer (have dabbled in programming though) but I think there's a lot of potential in the "transactions without need for trust" part of crypto. Do you guys think there's potential for save data sharing by using blockchain?
I have a more specific idea but I guess unless I'm a programmer, I can't pull it off, right? I don't want to quit my science job, it's fun, I'd just like to not have to rely on it. And implementing something like blockchain as a side hustle without any skills is ridiculous. On the other hand, I wouldn't know how to find people to collaborate with who can code.... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
What do you guys think on that? I really want to make this happen since I believe it would make the Science community so much better -.-"

amp0193

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
444%
May 27, 2013
United States
Do you guys think there's potential for save data sharing by using blockchain?

My understanding of the tech behind crypto is elementary.

But my hunch is that data storage doesn't make sense on a blockchain. I think at some point you hit a limit of diminishing returns, where there is so much data stored, that the time to process the whole blockchain takes enormous processing power and time.

That being said, plenty of companies are trying to do exactly this. So, we'll see.

4symmetry

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
95%
Jan 31, 2018
Munich/Germany
My understanding of the tech behind crypto is elementary.

But my hunch is that data storage doesn't make sense on a blockchain. I think at some point you hit a limit of diminishing returns, where there is so much data stored, that the time to process the whole blockchain takes enormous processing power and time.

That being said, plenty of companies are trying to do exactly this. So, we'll see.

Thanks for the answer!
Sorry, I meant to write „safe“ as in secure.
I‘m thinking more about being able to unequivocally trace the origin of data shared, with a timestamp, to prevent scooping, ie others stealing your ideas. This would remove trust and secrecy and enable sharing data with more scientists, furthering science!

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Anshu

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
27%
Jan 12, 2018
London
Hello,Thanks for sharing this information.I amazing that Never heard of ethereum before until now. Did some research on it and looks good.
Thanks

Biafra

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
600%
Apr 6, 2016
I'm not a programmer (have dabbled in programming though) but I think there's a lot of potential in the "transactions without need for trust" part of crypto. Do you guys think there's potential for save data sharing by using blockchain?"

Storage can already be decentralized by IPFS which can be used with Ethereum Blockchain. Storage of data on blockchain itself is not efficient.

How does data storage blockchain works?

Here are some good resources if someone wants to deepen their understanding of
a) Blockchain b) Ethereum c) IPFS

a)
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bBC-nXj3Ng4

b)

c)
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BA2rHlbB5i0&t=1s

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
BTC < 7000.

ETH < 700.

JAJT

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
549%
Aug 7, 2012
Ontario, Canada
BTC < 7000.

ETH < 700.

Yeah...

So happy I didn't invest more than I could afford to lose.

Just going to sit on my portfolio and see what happens long term. Pulling out at this point wouldn't even be worth it.

RobD88

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
249%
Nov 20, 2017
Missouri
"The only value of a currency is how many places except it!"

Amazon gift cards are only accepted in one place. Yet they are still valued pretty close to fiat. In fact, I could probably sell Amazon gift cards for about 95% of their face value in fiat.

So, USD is accepted at tens of millions of places and is worth X. Amazon gift cards are accepted at one place and are worth about 95% of X.

Therefore, your statement is not only wrong, but it's laughable.

Literally.

Most intelligent thing said in this whole argument. "Value" is a subjective term set by the perception of another. I swear it's like nobody on here has read or paid attention to either of the @MJ DeMarco books.

Value vouchers can be anything of perceived value. If I enjoy purple doggy doo doo and am willing to accept it in exchange for something I have that another perceives as valuable then purple doggy doo doo instantly becomes currency.

Coalission

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
477%
Jan 8, 2014
We should've kept @arcola in this thread, he's a good inverse indicator.

2L42U4R.jpg

"Big bets".

mattkwarr

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Jun 13, 2017
Wisconsin
Doge is literally a joke. I hope no one is actually seriously trading that. It is nothing like Litecoin because.... it was and is a joke. It isn't maintained at all.

4symmetry

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
95%
Jan 31, 2018
Munich/Germany
Storage can already be decentralized by IPFS which can be used with Ethereum Blockchain. Storage of data on blockchain itself is not efficient.

How does data storage blockchain works?

Here are some good resources if someone wants to deepen their understanding of
a) Blockchain b) Ethereum c) IPFS

a)
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bBC-nXj3Ng4

b)

c)
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BA2rHlbB5i0&t=1s

Somehow I missed this post, thanks a lot! I‘ll definitely look into it!!

Jill

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
76%
Jan 26, 2008
Frisco, TX (Dallas)
I own 3 bitcoin
I bet all 3 if them that in 3 years only bitcoin, lite coin and ETH are worth anything, and all the rest mentioned in this thread are worth 0
I’ll take that bet!!!!
...edited to see that it’s no longer an option. I would’ve taken that bet all day long...double or nothing!! Oh well.

Last edited:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.