The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Web 3.0 (Ethereum) is happening, and most people have no idea what it even is.

arcola

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
72%
Feb 17, 2013
Los Angeles
Nope, simply by definition. But, there is really only one major crypto coin that is attempting to replace fiat currency.

Your question doesn't apply to 99.999% of the other coins out there.

Do you think gold is no longer considered a store of value because nobody uses it as a fiat currency anymore?

What other questions do I need to answer before I'm allowed to call you an idiot?

Gold is used as jewelry dude what are you talking about. Can I say that you are a retard?

arcola

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
72%
Feb 17, 2013
Los Angeles
By your definition, Amazon gift cards are a currency. And Amazon gift cards are only accepted at one place. So, do those have no value?

If I offered you $10M in Amazon gift cards, would you turn me down?

Most crypto coins are only accepted at one place -- and that's as a store of transactional value on the network to which they are native. But, like Amazon gift cards, if that network has demand, the store of value used on top of that network is worth something.
Oh my god you this is literally the stupidest thing that I’ve ever read

What kind of argument is that if you offered me $10 million in dollars of amazon gift cards that is $10 million US dollars. What if I offered you $10 million monopoly dollars worth of amazon cards would you take it? Your argument says literally nothing about store of value of fiat currency

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Patrick R

Shwizzle Shwazzle
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
174%
Sep 11, 2016
Maine
Gold is used as jewelry dude what are you talking about. Can I say that you are a retard?
Ok and right there is where we stop. An education debate is one thing. When you degrade to name calling it's obvious that you have zero knowledge about what you're saying and that conversation is not going to continue here at all.

What are your guys thoughts on APPC?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

arcola

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
72%
Feb 17, 2013
Los Angeles
Oh this is beautiful.

Imagine the insanity of arguing quantum physics with a variety of physicists after you've admitted the extent of you're education rounds out to about 7th grade mathematics and empirical "I see with my eyes" evidence.

That oughta go well.
I don’t need to know about crypto if I know about real currency.

arcola

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
72%
Feb 17, 2013
Los Angeles
Ok and right there is where we stop. An education debate is one thing. When you degrade to name calling it's obvious that you have zero knowledge about what you're saying and that conversation is not going to continue here at all.

What are your guys thoughts on APPC?

Sorry if I triggered you but he asked if he could call me an idiot so

Patrick R

Shwizzle Shwazzle
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
174%
Sep 11, 2016
Maine
I don’t need to know about crypto if I know about real currency, genius.
And then you go on to insult the creator of this amazing forum? What is wrong with you? Just go away already

arcola

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
72%
Feb 17, 2013
Los Angeles
Bitcoins and Eth are going to be the only two currencies. All the other ones are going to bust because they have no transactional value as currencies and are driven up by speculation. I’m calling it. Just because they have features it doesn’t matter. Pets.com had features

Strive

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
Bitcoins and Eth are going to be the only two currencies. All the other ones are going to bust because they have no transactional value as currencies and are driven up by speculation. I’m calling it. Just because they have features it doesn’t matter. Pets.com had features
Glad you're calling it, everyone was waiting on the edge of their seat for your opinion. Quit while you're behind bud.

steelandchrome

Author of The Retail Leader Book.
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
158%
Nov 6, 2016
Goodyear Az
jackson-popcorn.gif

arcola

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
72%
Feb 17, 2013
Los Angeles
Glad you're calling it, everyone was waiting on the edge of their seat for your opinion. Quit while you're behind bud.

I own 3 bitcoin
I bet all 3 if them that in 3 years only bitcoin, lite coin and ETH are worth anything, and all the rest mentioned in this thread are worth 0

SquatchMan

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
383%
Dec 27, 2016
Nowhere
What kind of argument is that if you offered me $10 million in dollars of amazon gift cards that is $10 million US dollars. What if I offered you $10 million monopoly dollars worth of amazon cards would you take it? Your argument says literally nothing about store of value of fiat currency

Amazon gift cards are not US currency. It says quite a lot that you think 10 million USD worth of Amazon gift cards only redeemable on Amazon are worth 10 million USD.

arcola

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
72%
Feb 17, 2013
Los Angeles
Perfect. That's about $50K. I'll take that bet.

We will each put $50K in escrow, create an escrow agreement and then in three years one of us will walk away with the money.

And everyone here can watch and enjoy the show...

You can have your attorney write the escrow agreement or I'll be happy to have mine do it. Do you accept? And yes, I'm 100% serious.

I'm curious if you're willing to put your money where your mouth is...
List the currencies in this thread and I’m serious

Kingmaker

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
337%
Jan 26, 2013
San Diego
Perfect. That's about $50K. I'll take that bet.

We will each put $50K in escrow, create an escrow agreement and then in three years one of us will walk away with the money.

And everyone here can watch and enjoy the show...

You can have your attorney write the escrow agreement or I'll be happy to have mine do it. Do you accept? And yes, I'm 100% serious.

I'm curious if you're willing to put your money where your mouth is...
Lol love this.

@arcola Easy money for you, right? Why aren't you jumping all over this?

Strive

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
Are you asking me what currencies are part of the bet?

How about everything currently listed on the defacto site for coin prices:

Cryptocurrency Market Capitalizations | CoinMarketCap

The coins currently listed on that site will be the list of coins that are part of the bet.

If none of those coins -- other than BTC, ETH and LTC -- are being sold publicly for more than 0 in any fiat currency, you win.

If any of those coins -- either than BTC, ETH and LTC -- are being sold publicly for more than 0 in any fiat currency, you lose.

Seems pretty simple. Accept the bet?
Damn that's very generous of you J. @arcola this is a slam dunk for you!

It's too bad I actually believe other coins have value otherwise I would've jumped all over this :/ then again something tells me this bet isn't gonna come to fruition..

amp0193

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
442%
May 27, 2013
United States
By your definition, Amazon gift cards are a currency. And Amazon gift cards are only accepted at one place. So, do those have no value?

If I offered you $10M in Amazon gift cards, would you turn me down?

Most crypto coins are only accepted at one place -- and that's as a store of transactional value on the network to which they are native. But, like Amazon gift cards, if that network has demand, the store of value used on top of that network is worth something.

Best explanation I've seen of this.

Brilliant, thanks @JScott

Coalission

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
477%
Jan 8, 2014
There isn’t going to be 10 prevalent cryptos there’s just going to be bitcoin

all these currencies go to 0 except bitcoin and MAYBE ETH

Bitcoins and Eth are going to be the only two currencies. All the other ones are going to bust

in 3 years only bitcoin, lite coin and ETH are worth anything, and all the rest mentioned in this thread are worth 0

By the end of this thread, your prediction will be "Ok ok, most coins will have value, but not without any dips along the way!"

Learning along the way, are we?

It's like that guy in the other thread who came in proclaiming "Bitcoin will go to zero!", and then eventually it evolved to "Oh, umm, I just meant Bitcoin volatility will dwindle. Here are my Wall Street credentials guys..."

What kind of argument is that if you offered me $10 million in dollars of amazon gift cards that is $10 million US dollars. What if I offered you $10 million monopoly dollars worth of amazon cards would you take it?

iz6vkSA.gif

Last edited:

Coalission

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
477%
Jan 8, 2014

Sheps

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
175%
Oct 10, 2015
UK
Newb question.

Is there a good charting platform that tracks all or most cryptos?

TradingView is free.
Coinigy is paid, I think about $15/month

Many platforms have some decent in built charting. I've been impressed with what I can do on Binance. I still use trading view but it's there.

Nigel B

Life Long Learner
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
126%
Sep 18, 2017
USA

Catching up on this thread, and was about to make exactly the same analogy while including Itunes, Starbucks cards, Airmiles, and on and on - there are so many non-crypto 'tokens' in use today the mind boggles. That someone cannot see the analogy with crypto - even someone who professes to know nothing about it is equally amazing.

I am surprised there is not an Apple Coin (and indeed FB, GOOG and AMZN coins - yes I know Amazon has a token they call a coin) - because imagine as a corporation being able to transfer your own money internally without FX fees or borders ... while being able to set the value of that currency (price of your product or service).

When Apple 'invents' crypto currency for the masses - adoption of Apple Coin will be required if you want an iPhone or any other Apple products or service ... and instantly millions of people will float the Apple Coin ... I really can see this happening.

LleixG

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
75%
Jul 22, 2015
Barcelona, Spain
Catching up on this thread, and was about to make exactly the same analogy while including Itunes, Starbucks cards, Airmiles, and on and on - there are so many non-crypto 'tokens' in use today the mind boggles. That someone cannot see the analogy with crypto - even someone who professes to know nothing about it is equally amazing.

I am surprised there is not an Apple Coin (and indeed FB, GOOG and AMZN coins - yes I know Amazon has a token they call a coin) - because imagine as a corporation being able to transfer your own money internally without FX fees or borders ... while being able to set the value of that currency (price of your product or service).

When Apple 'invents' crypto currency for the masses - adoption of Apple Coin will be required if you want an iPhone or any other Apple products or service ... and instantly millions of people will float the Apple Coin ... I really can see this happening.
There have been rumours of Telegram launching an ICO and their own coin in the following months

maverick

Aspice, officio fungeris sine spe honoris ampliori
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
228%
Oct 26, 2012

aikay77

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
153%
Mar 6, 2011
I own 3 bitcoin
I bet all 3 if them that in 3 years only bitcoin, lite coin and ETH are worth anything, and all the rest mentioned in this thread are worth 0

Nice work!

First you said only Bitcoin would exista and the others would go to zero.

Then you said only Bitcoin and Eth are going to be worth anything.

Now you've added Litecoin.

Keep it up, soon you'll agree all cryptos actually have value.

Last edited:

Coalission

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
477%
Jan 8, 2014
So how are all those fake cryptos looking

About as bad as your 3 bitcoin. How’s that bet with @JScott coming along? Or did you weasel your way out of that as we all suspected you would?

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
So how are all those fake cryptos looking

If you don't address @JScott and how he has answered your questions (which you ignored the answers) you will be removed from this thread.

The fact you have ignored reasoned responses to him, but yet continue to troll with flawed logic and knee-jerk fallacies means you aren't ready for a serious debate.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.