The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Wearing glasses for computer use

Moneymakermitch

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
6%
Nov 12, 2013
Since a lot of people run a business through there computers, I'll ask do any of you wear glasses just for using your computers? I have good vision but when I'm at my computer for extended periods of time i find my vision gets blurry and eyes feel tired. I googled but get mixed opinions if computer glasses work or not, wondering everyone's input?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

FastlaneTiger

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
52%
Jun 27, 2014
Not the USA

Choate

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
240%
Mar 25, 2014
Boston
I'm a contact wearer myself but recently bought glasses just for computer use. My eyes tend to get really dry and irritated working at the computer for so long. Glasses have definitely changed that a lot.

Kelly C

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Feb 20, 2014
UK
Take breaks...and look out the window. You can get programmes that set up breaks every 45 mins or less. Also if short sighted - use a weaker pair of glasses for use at the computer.

This guy has really good tips for computer use: frauenfeldclinic.com/ I follow them all and do not get eye strain sitting at the computer anymore. (I also have improved my eyesight but that's a different story).

Plus lenses are also suppose to help prevent eyesight deterioration for close up work - is that what you were getting at?

Moneymakermitch

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
6%
Nov 12, 2013
Take breaks...and look out the window. You can get programmes that set up breaks every 45 mins or less. Also if short sighted - use a weaker pair of glasses for use at the computer.

This guy has really good tips for computer use: frauenfeldclinic.com/ I follow them all and do not get eye strain sitting at the computer anymore. (I also have improved my eyesight but that's a different story).

Plus lenses are also suppose to help prevent eyesight deterioration for close up work - is that what you were getting at?

Yes that's what i was getting at. My eyes tend to feel watery and blurry during computer use. I'll check that site out, thanks!

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.
I have prescription glasses, but there not that powerful enough that I need them. I probably should, I just don't.

Deon

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
111%
Jun 19, 2011
Miami, FL
I've used gunnars in the past. They're great.

I just don't like wearing any type of glasses on my face, so I use them more rarely now.

But yes, I recommend them.

jon.a

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
329%
Sep 29, 2012
Near San Diego

FastlaneTiger

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
52%
Jun 27, 2014
Not the USA
Gunnars is the best! I can relate.

Dyrus (The most famous League of Legends player is wearing it all the time, even when he is not playing. lol)

JasonR

Maverick
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
544%
May 29, 2012
Las Vegas

I'm wearing mine right now. I bought a pair on Amazon with the clear lenses. I cannot recommend them highly enough! I was skeptical at first, but for $40 I'd figure I'd try them.

For the record, I have 20/20 vision, but these glasses has cut down eye strain tremendously, especially give the fact that I'm in front of some sort of screen all the time.

I would also check out Flux - it's a free app for Mac/PC that really helps eye strain, especially in dark environments or at night.

Edit: I have these: http://shop.gunnars.com/sheadog/d/1062. Super light and super comfy. I forget I'm wearing them at times.

kaqm

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
38%
Jun 1, 2014
I'm glad this was mentioned, I've been using sunglasses until now.

Daniel A

DIESEL
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
116%
Jun 20, 2013
California, USA
Has anyone tried this? Was looking at the Wi-Five glasses.

I posted about this in another thread and am about to BUMP this one (thanks to the new forum feature of the left-hand sidebar -- how I found this thread).

F.lux is better than nothing.

GUNNARS are okay. I have the VINYL model with prescription lenses. The prescription lenses are the best part about them.

Uvex S1933X are the best at blocking blue light. They're also less expensive than GUNNAR glasses.

I really notice the difference the Uxex glasses make when I wear them for a long time then take them off.

Andri

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Jan 6, 2015
I usually spend alot of time in front of the computer im short sighted i just simply take of my glasses i get much more tired with them on i also use low brightness which helps alot

D

DeletedUser19

Flux is awesome. Ever since I've started using it I can't look at a computer screen without it.

Just make sure you expand the range for the real benefits.

During the day I use "incandescent." And for nighttime "candle". If candle is too dark for you (believe me, once you get used to it, you'll love it) use "dim incandescent".

I have a question for people who tried both flux and the glasses. How do flux on expanded ranges compare to gunnars?

Last edited by a moderator:

Nicoknowsbest

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
396%
Mar 31, 2014
Austria
I'm wearing mine right now. I bought a pair on Amazon with the clear lenses. I cannot recommend them highly enough! I was skeptical at first, but for $40 I'd figure I'd try them.
I had huge problems myself. After 12 hours in front of a laptop screen, I sometimes couldn't even read huge signs anymore, haha. Wearing mine right now too. Seems to work fine for me, since my vision after working in front of a screen the whole day got much better.

Leo Hendrix

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
61%
Apr 15, 2014
I already use flux and thanks to @Eagleeye I just expanded the range, will test it out tomorrow.
Recently I've been having migraines (almost 2 weeks) so I'm going to have my eyes checked tomorrow and possibly purchase some Gunnars online, the online price from the Asian authorized distributor is almost twice the price of Gunnars from Amazon US sellers.
Hey maybe an opportunity there too for me.

Cheers Guys

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.