The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Watchout for PerryC07

Antonio.

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
6%
Jul 28, 2007
Saint Louis
Does the screename PerryC07 sound familar to anyone on this forum? Has anybody had contact with Perry in the past weeks or couple months?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

andviv

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Jul 27, 2007
Washington DC
Moved to Off-Topic...
why you ask? any reason in particular?

Antonio.

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
6%
Jul 28, 2007
Saint Louis
He has been scamming people I just wanted to tell the community on here so they can be aware. Everything he has said in everything is a complete lie.

andviv

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Jul 27, 2007
Washington DC
I think it is important to present facts when talking like that about another person.

Why are you saying that? I thank you for trying to help others here avoid getting into trouble, as the community is based on trust. But I'd appreciate that strong statements like these are presented correctly and backed by verifiable facts.

fanocks2003

Banned
Mar 31, 2008
Sweden
Agree with andviv. Show the facts. I have myself been presented like some kind of a phony even though no evidence prove that I am a phony (I have actually asked everyone who spreads bad rumours about me to prove their point. I have never recieved any facts from them. Kind of speaks for itself does it not?).

There is a lot of people with low intelligence out there who believe everything you tell them, hence destroying good entrepreneurs. Maybe this guy is a phony, what do I know. But you need to back up your claim before spreading it around as a fact.

So, facts please. If no facts exists to prove your case, then please do not talk ill about someone else. If you where in Sweden then you could risk facing 2 years in prison for such behaviour (seriously). On top of that, fines.

Personal NOTE: I have no respect for people spreading rumours. A waste of everyone's time. It also speaks a lot of the person spreading them. I try to get away from such people before they destroy me. Because it is just a question of when they will destroy you, not if.

andviv

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Jul 27, 2007
Washington DC
Actually, Fanocks, I think I know what Antonio is talking about, and he may be right... that is why I'm requesting facts to be presented.

You are right. It is very easy to trash others and damage the only asset they have in online forums, their reputation.

Antonio, thanks a lot for your concern about the other forum members. And yes, please do post what you now so we can all form our own opinions.

ps: I think I know what you are talking about and it is very serious. That's why I'm requesting facts so all can see why you are warning us about this individual.

mtnman

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
28%
Oct 3, 2007
I was going to say something earlier...

While I don't think it's appropriate to call people out, it's very odd when people come to a forum and make boastful comments out internet design, selling web businesses for 62 mil, etc... If I remember right, I actually called him out on a couple things in the beginning, but just let it go.

Thanks for everyone handling this type of situation in a respectful manner...it's what makes this place special!

Rawr

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Aug 12, 2007
south florida
Somebody else's dirty laundry on our forum. Do not want.

fanocks2003

Banned
Mar 31, 2008
Sweden

I am not supporting Perry by any means, but isn't there real evidence against him? What I am aiming at is the risk of this being called a "hearsaying"? In law you are "innocent until proven guilty". And that is "against all further doubt". There can be no doubt that this Perry guy was attempting fraud, if you are going to put him in jail. And if there is "further doubt" then practicly, Perry can chase people for spreading bad rumours about him and essentially sue them at will. It can easily backfire. Just a friendly word. You can check it out with a lawyer to get real advise on this.

I am interested in more information. Of course you want to get away from scumbags who wants to scam you. The more you have, the more risk of losing it to clever minded people. Keep up the good work, but please: Facts, Evidence;).

snowbank

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
226%
Aug 10, 2007
Austin, TX
Things didn't smell right on this guy from when he started posting. He posted way too many times about his relationship with "GLC65." He kept trying to be seen as associating with him, way more than a normal, successful person would do. His posts were often things you would say over PM, IM or email with "GLC65" along the lines of 'hey Gus, man we are becomming great friends. We talk for so many hours. What time is our call again today buddy.' Things like that that just smelled like someone trying to 'build a rep' and be seen as someone successful, by putting a relationship with someone else considered to be successful out in the open, multiple times where it didn't make sense to.

Does this mean that GLC65 is also a fake? If Perry is a fraud, does this mean that GLC65 is as well, or was he duped by Perry?

http://http://www.thefastlanetomillions.com/fastlane-multi-millionaire-stories/14455-success-story-glc65.html

fanocks2003

Banned
Mar 31, 2008
Sweden
Things didn't smell right on this guy from when he started posting. He posted way too many times about his relationship with "GLC65." He kept trying to be seen as associating with him, way more than a normal, successful person would do. His posts were often things you would say over PM, IM or email with "GLC65" along the lines of 'hey Gus, man we are becomming great friends. We talk for so many hours. What time is our call again today buddy.' Things like that that just smelled like someone trying to 'build a rep' and be seen as someone successful, by putting a relationship with someone else considered to be successful out in the open, multiple times where it didn't make sense to.

Does this mean that GLC65 is also a fake? If Perry is a fraud, does this mean that GLC65 is as well, or was he duped by Perry?

http://http://www.thefastlanetomillions.com/fastlane-multi-millionaire-stories/14455-success-story-glc65.html

The problem is still: hearsaying. Sure, all of us sure have encountered people that seemed a little bit "fishy". People that seemed a little bit odd. But that does not make them fraudsters per automatic. It's very important to prove the facts about a guy doing illegal deeds. That is a human right as far as I am concerned. Just the thought off being presented as the biggest fraudster on the net without any proof proving it to be so (more than hearsaying), is a very scary scenario to me. I know how it feels, because people have treated me that way.

The day we go all-in for judging people on hearsaying, that day we have anarchy in our society (I mean full-on anarchy). Because then honour has no value any more. In such a society you could just put some poor guy in jail for a crime he has not commited, because someone "said" that guy did it, but no evidence backs it up. Great for the guilty one, he goes free. The guy who goes to jail innocently judged may not be as happy.

Yesterday I saw a swedish program called "INSIDERS", presenting the swedish police in a very bad light. It showed the swedish police putting innocent people in jail for crimes they had never commited. The reason innocent people was put into jail was because the swedish police used provocative actions from time to time just to get headlines (so as to show that the police do make a bang for the taxpayers buck). It sounds like a movie, but hey, that's swedish police. As long as the good headlines flow, right:)? I am pretty certain such behaviour exist in the US also (would be very, very surprised if it didn't), though I have no proof of that. But just a pretty fair assumption.

We cannot engage in this kind of behaviour. It is all OK until one self is in the spotligtht. Then the fun stops. So let's dig deeper into this, bring fourth facts that is not hearsaying and let's do the best of it:).

Russ H

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Jul 25, 2007
Napa Valley, CA
fanocks-

I did read a bit of the thread about him, and have to say that his behavior may not be illegal, but it's not very ethical. I wouldn't want to do business w/him, that's for sure.

I found one of the comments quite amusing-- complaining about $50K in brokerage fees at AG Edwards b/c he had to liquidate $50M in a brokerage account in order to make some small deal happen.

As a past shareholder in AG Edwards, and someone who did millions of dollars in financial transactions w/them (over a period of years), I can assure you that

1. AG Edward's brokerage fees-- even if discounted to the max-- on a $50M liquidation would be WAY more than $50K.

2. There is no reason to liquidate that much to pull out a small amount for another deal. I did it all the time.

So that one example, at least, is not what I have experienced.

-Russ H.

wbuild

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
13%
Sep 27, 2007
Not that I am really known well enough to vouch for anyone, but I have talked with Gus on the phone a couple of times and unless someone is impersonating GLC on the boards, Gus is legit- He really owns a ton of apartments and is the real deal.

Not sure at all about PerryC07, but Gus is legit.

AroundTheWorld

Be in the Moment
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
68%
Jul 24, 2007
Perry last logged on on Aug 22 and Last posted at the beginning of August. My guess is that he isn't hanging out here anymore anyway. No reason to worry about it.

fanocks2003

Banned
Mar 31, 2008
Sweden
fanocks-

I did read a bit of the thread about him, and have to say that his behavior may not be illegal, but it's not very ethical. I wouldn't want to do business w/him, that's for sure.

I found one of the comments quite amusing-- complaining about $50K in brokerage fees at AG Edwards b/c he had to liquidate $50M in a brokerage account in order to make some small deal happen.

As a past shareholder in AG Edwards, and someone who did millions of dollars in financial transactions w/them (over a period of years), I can assure you that

1. AG Edward's brokerage fees-- even if discounted to the max-- on a $50M liquidation would be WAY more than $50K.

2. There is no reason to liquidate that much to pull out a small amount for another deal. I did it all the time.

So that one example, at least, is not what I have experienced.

-Russ H.

Not defending Perry by any means. Don't know the guy. His way of acting seems weird, yes. But the illegal stuff is out of the question though. You need a court case ruling against him before you can call him a "fraudster" or the like. If Perry is broke I guess the risk of being sued by him isn't that overwhelming, but some people do sue people for fraudulent claims just to knock them down a few notch. Just to protect themselfs. So be careful, my friends.

Fraudulent claims works both sides. Even if one of the sides are in fact the victim. It sucks, but hey, that is how the system works. That is why I advise you to find as much hard facts as possible to nail him with and keep as quiet as possible in the meantime so as to protect yourselfs.

I just want you all well. We are like a big, extended family on this forum, right?

snowbank

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
226%
Aug 10, 2007
Austin, TX
The problem is still: hearsaying. Sure, all of us sure have encountered people that seemed a little bit "fishy". People that seemed a little bit odd. But that does not make them fraudsters per automatic. It's very important to prove the facts about a guy doing illegal deeds. That is a human right as far as I am concerned. Just the thought off being presented as the biggest fraudster on the net without any proof proving it to be so (more than hearsaying), is a very scary scenario to me. I know how it feels, because people have treated me that way.

The day we go all-in for judging people on hearsaying, that day we have anarchy in our society (I mean full-on anarchy). Because then honour has no value any more. In such a society you could just put some poor guy in jail for a crime he has not commited, because someone "said" that guy did it, but no evidence backs it up. Great for the guilty one, he goes free. The guy who goes to jail innocently judged may not be as happy.

Yesterday I saw a swedish program called "INSIDERS", presenting the swedish police in a very bad light. It showed the swedish police putting innocent people in jail for crimes they had never commited. The reason innocent people was put into jail was because the swedish police used provocative actions from time to time just to get headlines (so as to show that the police do make a bang for the taxpayers buck). It sounds like a movie, but hey, that's swedish police. As long as the good headlines flow, right:)? I am pretty certain such behaviour exist in the US also (would be very, very surprised if it didn't), though I have no proof of that. But just a pretty fair assumption.

We cannot engage in this kind of behaviour. It is all OK until one self is in the spotligtht. Then the fun stops. So let's dig deeper into this, bring fourth facts that is not hearsaying and let's do the best of it:).

Ya I wasn't saying he is or he isn't a fraud, just that something was definitely funny about the things he was posting, and that if he is a fraud, does it mean the other person was a fraud, because there was a lot of odd posting between them in threads.
I agree with your view that people should get some facts before making a judgement. In the poker world all it takes is one post from someone to accuse someone of something and immediately people jump on the bandwagon without knowing anything, so I've seen plenty of cases where people are flamed huge and the story turns out to be totally different. A lot of times they are true though. Was just speaking my mind, in that something was "off" in my opinion with this person, disregarding anything he might be up to these days, just from what I remember seeing from him. In going back and reading some of his posts, he was definitely more than just a little fishy.

Merkin Man

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
7%
Jul 25, 2007
Williamsville, NY
Although I am not a lawyer, I am inclined to think that simply questioning the credibility of an anonymous person's online handle does not equal a crime.

Very few people here have validated their stories and successes. The few that have are notated as millionaires next to their handles. For the rest, it is up to us (individually and as a community) to come to our own conclusions as to how much credibility a person we really don't know carries with them. Thus, when a question is raised such as the one that was raised in the lambo forum about PerryC07, I think it is fair to bring it to light here as long as it can be backed up with some definative factors - in this case, the first hand accounts from people who had dealings with him on the other forum.

Either way...

AroundTheWorld said:
Perry last logged on on Aug 22 and Last posted at the beginning of August. My guess is that he isn't hanging out here anymore anyway. No reason to worry about it.

:iagree:

andviv

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Jul 27, 2007
Washington DC
For the rest, it is up to us (individually and as a community) to come to our own conclusions as to how much credibility a person we really don't know carries with them.
That is one of the many benefits of attending the get-togethers... last meet up just confirmed many facts about some of the members, and every year I attend I get to know more and more amazing people. And you can validate what they have accomplished or know.

Runum

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Aug 8, 2007
DFW, Texas
That is one of the many benefits of attending the get-togethers... last meet up just confirmed many facts about some of the members, and every year I attend I get to know more and more amazing people. And you can validate what they have accomplished or know.

I second that.:iagree:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.