The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Vision Boards

AroundTheWorld

Be in the Moment
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
68%
Jul 24, 2007
Have any of you made a vision board? I love this idea. I am a very visual person and like to see my goals, dreams and aspirations in a visual format every day.

I made a vision board at the beginning of 07. It needs to be updated slightly, as some of the goals have been met and need to be updated.

I'll post my updated board here soon...

Anyone else have a vision board you would like to share?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
What's a vision board? Is there a web link? Some more info please...

LightHouse

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Aug 13, 2007
Northern VA

AroundTheWorld

Be in the Moment
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
68%
Jul 24, 2007
Here is the one I did in January...

I'll post my updated one soon.

RAiMA

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
10%
Aug 24, 2007
Sydney, Australia
There are also other simular ideas, like a magical creation box which is a box full of images and items to keep you focused on your goals/rewards to move forward along the journey

yveskleinsky

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
23%
Jul 26, 2007
Great reminder! I took a WEV (Women's Economic Venture's) class last year and they suggessted doing a vision board. I love the concept. I am going to work on one tonight. I'll post it up here once I'm done. Great post! ...I really like all the great ideas here- so refreshing. :hurray:

Yankees338

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
8%
Jul 24, 2007
NJ/MD
I think I'm gonna come up with one of these vision boards tonight and post it as my desktop background so I'll always be able to refer to it!

thecoach

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
19%
Aug 29, 2007
Regina, SK, Canada
I did a vision board for a little while this spring, but my computer crashed and I lost it, so I've created a bit of a step up. I've been people that make vision videos with motivating/insiring music, images and sentences that flash on the screen, like "I am surrounded by successful people" then an image with a collage of about 10 people like Donald Trump and Warren Buffet and Rockerfeller, or "I am financially free" then a image of a million dollar bill and other powerful images. I tried the video things but it was alot of work and I had some technology issues in the end. What I ended up with was a power point presentation that merged the images from my vision board with the video idea. I put it on both my work and personal laptops. Every day when I get up and before I go to bed I watch it. It takes about 2 minutes each time and it's a little more exciting and effective I find than just a picture on the wall.

nomadjanet

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Aug 28, 2007
TX
They also call this a cut and paste. Sandler sales training uses them extensively. They encourage companies to get thier front line people to get together and create these boards. Doing it as a group helps people dream bigger dreams because many people tend to see only one level ahead of where they are. It's like if they could just pay off their car they'd be good or they could just pay off their house they'd be good. I have this tendancy myself luckily my DH has unlimited dreams and expects me to find a way to make them come true so we help each other. :cheers: So my biggest goal is to have all the time we need. How to put that into a vision board?
Janet

AroundTheWorld

Be in the Moment
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
68%
Jul 24, 2007
So my biggest goal is to have all the time we need. How to put that into a vision board?
Janet

What would you fill all that time with? Family? Charity? Travel? Building a Business? Put that on the board.

Bilgefisher

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Aug 29, 2007
Aurora, Co
This is a very intriguing idea. I think I'm going to have to try it. Thank you for the recommendation.

Russ H

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Jul 25, 2007
Napa Valley, CA
Sonya, you are a synergistic catalyst.

Look at how many lives you've changed just with this one post.

And how many lives will they change by posting and sharing their Vision Boards with others?

Big rep speed on this one. :thumbsup:

(OK, gotta go work on my vision board . . . :) )

-Russ H.

S928

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
18%
Aug 7, 2007
My desktop is my "vision board". It changes periodically to reflect things that inspire me: passages, quotes, uber homes, etc.

andviv

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Jul 27, 2007
Washington DC
S928, for what I understand, a Vision Board has to be specific. If you desktop image shows you many uber homes you won't focus on getting just the one you want, you'd be distracted by looking at many of them. ATW or anybody else that knows about this, am I mistaken on this approach?

S928

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
18%
Aug 7, 2007
Anviv, vision board needs to be tailored to suit your vision, what ever that may be. If I look at just one home, I will soon consider it to be less appealing than the initial reaction; so, I have to switch it around to keep my eye on the overall goal. So, yes, narrow down your vision as much as possible, but make it exciting so that you stay on track.

Micklee

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
10%
Sep 4, 2007
NJ
I did 2 vision boards in 2005. One was personal, the other career/financial goals. I keep them on the wall next to my bed so it's the last thing I see before falling asleep and the first thing I see in the morning.

I think it was Napolean Hill's book, Think and Grow Rich, that states you should repeat your goals out loud every day as a way of reprogramming your subconsious mind for success. Visuals work better for me. Some people are watching tv late at night when they can't sleep. I'm staring at my future! :smx9:

Russ H

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Jul 25, 2007
Napa Valley, CA
Some people are watching tv late at night when they can't sleep. I'm staring at my future!

Excellent. Insomnia is a negative for many. You've turned it into a positive! :)

A simple, concise, and effective approach to make your dreams real.

Rep speed + + +

-Russ H.

Legacy Dad

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
19%
Sep 3, 2007
Worldwide, depending on the month.
I've been using vision boards for the past 10 years and 2 years ago I took it to the next level.

I read a book similar to "The Secret" and developed a story of a perfect day in my future. In the story, I added all my goals as if they already happened.

Example:

"I drove my Jaguar to my office and checked my email, my rental cashflow has hit my account. $23K this month."

"I drove up to my 5000 square foot log cabin."

I wrote out this story including all the things I wanted to happen and then recorded it on my PC. Next I found pictures that gave visual examples to all my goals.

Then I put it all in Microsoft Movie Maker and made a little 5 minute film of my story and all the pictures of dreams.

I watch it frequently to stay motivated and remind me of my goals.

It adds affirmations, along with goals and visual dreams.

Lance

A-GAME

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
10%
Sep 23, 2007
Australia
I did 2 vision boards in 2005. One was personal, the other career/financial goals. I keep them on the wall next to my bed so it's the last thing I see before falling asleep and the first thing I see in the morning.

I think it was Napolean Hill's book, Think and Grow Rich, that states you should repeat your goals out loud every day as a way of reprogramming your subconsious mind for success. Visuals work better for me. Some people are watching tv late at night when they can't sleep. I'm staring at my future! :smx9:

funny you mentioned that book...im opening my copy just as im reading your post?? haha SPOOKY :dead:...what did you think?? it was the only thing that stood out to me at the bookstore...im looking forward to reading it...

oh and yes vision boards are a great idea...i have one on my computer but i really should get one on a wall or something......

wildambitions

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
16%
Aug 29, 2007
Southern NM
I have had friends in a MLM organization who turned their bedroom ceiling into their vision board...they called them dream boards.

I like the term vision board better. A dream with a plan becomes a goal, a vision with a plan becomes reality (could this be a phyche short cut?).

yveskleinsky

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
23%
Jul 26, 2007
I have had friends in a MLM organization who turned their bedroom ceiling into their vision board...they called them dream boards.

I call them mirrors. :smxB:

Last edited by a moderator:

AndrewG

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
9%
Nov 3, 2007
I also have a vision board. Well actually its a piece of paper. I wanted to keep it in small form so I could put it anywhere. I got the idea from reading The Secret. At the top and bottom I put images of my dream cars, I mean vision cars, mansions, and various places I'd like to vacation in. In the middle I added my favorite inspiration quotes. Also I decided to add an image for one of my family members who doesn't dream enough for herself. So I figured I help her out.

Also if you liked creating a vision board also try creating a blank check for yourself and adding the amount of money you wish to receive. The Secret has a print out for this purpose. I created one and place it next to my clock so I see it all the time. And I'm a person that believes in omens and other things like that. So I don't know if this is one but more than once out of nowhere the check floats to the ground, almost reminding me to chase my goals. And I have this in my room where no one passes by and nowhere near a window or fan. Here's the links to the check:

PDF version: http://whatisthesecret.tv/the-secret-scrolls/the-secret-check.pdf

HTML version: http://whatisthesecret.tv/the-secret-scrolls/the-secret-check.html

Hope you enjoy!

visionboy

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Dec 18, 2007
hi all I just want to share to you this very nice find.

it's a free program that installs 5 vision board screensavers.

*EDITED**

I do enjoy it because I myself am a fan of law of attraction.

Jorge

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
18%
Oct 5, 2007
Mendoza, Argentina

* EDITED **

is this safe??

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

*EDITED**

Sorry, not as a first post and especially an EXE file.

Bilgefisher

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Aug 29, 2007
Aurora, Co
This is an excellent thread to pull up. Thought I would show the vision board that has been my computer desktop since this thread was started.

visionboardcopy.jpg

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.