The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Vigilante's "Mind Your Business" Radio Show

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast

Sheens

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
240%
Jan 13, 2018
USA
Listened through the Speaker link and it worked perfectly.

It sounded awesome and rust-free!

Can't wait to follow and listen each week! : )

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast

Gary

Elevatin' the Celebratin'
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
313%
Mar 18, 2011
San Diego
Just listened to the prequel on Spreaker. Ready for more!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas

InspireHD

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
243%
Dec 9, 2014
Just listened to the first episode. Sounded great. I subscribed and can’t wait to hear from Steve.

I will add my vote to have @Kak as a guest.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
@Kung Fu Steve and I fought an epic battle against the technology to get the podcast recorded today (Man, I miss my iHeartMedia producer ---- note to self to finish a deal with them quickly).

Fortunately, it was worth it for the knowledge bombs national trainer Stephen Hilgert dropped on the Mind Your Business Radio Show for Saturday May 16th. So, the show must go on, and go on it will tomorrow at 11AM Eastern on any of your favorite podcast platforms, or directly from Spreaker.

Note that there is no fancy intro, or music, or heck any element of post production work. However, what we may lack in polish on this Steve more than compensates before as he talks through how to survive and thrive through adverse situations.

Hope you like it. I learned a lot, as I always do when I get to chat with Steve. Drop your notes here after you listen to the big show. - Dave

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
There's a "dead air" spot in todays show around the 15 minute mark. We lost the connection for a bit but thankfully we didn't lose any of Steve's content. This is a little more "raw" than I would like as far as production value, but at least you'll know it's authentic and not staged or polished. :)

We had a kick a$$ show intro bumper made for the show, but didn't get to use it this week. So next weekend, expect things to get classed up a bit.

Last edited:

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
For the Saturday May 23rd show, I will be giving you a glimpse of my key learnings from working for Sam Walton's Walmart. I have a half dozen takeaways from my time at Walmart Corporate, and things that still influence my business and decisions that were architected by Sam Walton himself. I'll share those with you on the May 23rd edition of the Mind Your Business Radio Show.

Strategery

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
299%
Jun 25, 2019
For the Saturday May 23rd show, I will be giving you a glimpse of my key learnings from working for Sam Walton's Walmart. I have a half dozen takeaways from my time at Walmart Corporate, and things that still influence my business and decisions that were architected by Sam Walton himself. I'll share those with you on the May 23rd edition of the Mind Your Business Radio Show.
I’m currently listening to Start With Why, where Walton is profiled. Awesome dude. I really look forward to hearing about it from you

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
The first official Mind Your Business show of the relaunch is live featuring motivational speaker Stephen Hilgart (@Kung Fu Steve)

SDE

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
514%
Jul 9, 2018
It was a great listen for me this week. Stephen shared few tools to overcome obstacles both in business and in life. I listed my takeaways below:

1. Everyone has two fears:

* Am I good enough?

* If I am not good enough will people still love me?

2. A true leader sees things as it is, not worse than it is. Then they see how it can be better and work towards it.

3. Are we taking the time to re-strategize our business to adept to the changing economy and marketplace or ignoring it to be out of business?

4. We are making 3 decisions everyday constantly either consciously or subconsciously:

* What to focus on?
* What does it mean to me?
* What am I going to do about it?

5. ''The most dependable and consistent way to generate wealth is to turn advertising into profit'' - Frank Kern.

These are just few of my takeaways and in the episode,

* Steve shares the story of how a major office furniture supply company in the US increased their sales to 300% during this pandemic using Steve's method.

* Steve stresses the importance of finding the reason as to why your worst day is the best day. @Vigilante added that doing this made him smarter, stronger and tougher.

* He recommends the one thing that business owners can do to make sure the money keeps coming in.

* Steve shares two resources to increase the sales of your business.

I highly recommend everyone to listen to this.

Last edited:

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
It was a great listen for me this week. Stephen shared few tools to overcome obstacles both in business and in life. I listed my takeaways below:

* Am I good enough?

2. A true leader sees things as it is, not worse than it is. Then they see how it can be better and work towards it.

3. Are we taking the time to re-strategize our business to adept to the changing economy and marketplace or ignoring it to be out of business?

4. We are making 3 decisions everyday constantly either consciously or subconsciously:

* What to focus on?

5. ''The most dependable and consistent way to generate wealth is to turn advertising into profit'' - Frank Kern.

* Steve shares the story of how a major office furniture supply company in the US increased their sales to 300% during this pandemic using Steve's method.

* Steve stresses the importance of finding the reason as to why your worst day is the best day. @Vigilante added that doing this made him smarter, stronger and tougher.

* He recommends the one thing that business owners can do to make sure the money keeps coming in.

Thanks for your excellent notes. There's a reason Steve went from his worst day to where he is now. His self determination hardened into steel will to succeed. I am proud of his success and glad to consider him a friend. I am thankful for your recap and glad you liked the show. - Dave

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland

* Am I good enough?

* What to focus on?

Great notes @Roz. Thanks.

I listened to the show today too. Thanks @Kung Fu Steve and @Vigilante.

I didn't think it was too raw. I liked the format.

In addition to the excellent notes above, I was amazed that Stephen spends 363 days of the year travelling, and is in a different hotel each night. That's some dedication there. And did I hear right about 2,500 workshops done, and 4 webinars that day?

I was pleasantly surprised Stephen dropped the line from Frank Kern. I personally subscribe to the power of turning advertising into profit. However, I still think MJ's idea of a productocracy beats advertising. (I also have Frank in my "red-flags" box. Maybe I should revisit that.)

And I especially like the advice/thoughts from Stephen that if people want to earn money now then they need to be valuable to the market.

I like how this chat shows how business minded folks think. As Stephen said... these next 10 years are likely to be a golden era for entrepreneurs.

amp0193

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
443%
May 27, 2013
United States
About to listen, FYI @Vigilante on Apple Podcasts the first 45 seconds of the podcast was a Tyson Meats commercial in Spanish.

Not sure what that was about... check it out.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
About to listen, FYI @Vigilante on Apple Podcasts the first 45 seconds of the podcast was a Tyson Meats commercial in Spanish.

Not sure what that was about... check it out.
I had an ad for a local bank here in Ireland. It must be location specific.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
I am going to turn off their advertising. The only sponsors that I need will be relevant to what I want to do.

Edited to add : Got the ads turned off. I assume that affects current and future shows? Also added an intro. The intro may be redundant on next weeks show because I think it might be both imbedded and automatic.

Next Saturday's show is down to 24 minutes (I want them all to be at the 30 minute mark or less until we go live... the live shows will be an hour but with caller interaction.)

Last edited:

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast

Ocean Man

Life-long learner.
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
222%
Sep 26, 2018
United States
You shouldn't let things happening in the external impact your internal.
What I got out of this is that we have to keep our internal checked. If our mental game is weak then how can we expect to beat what's going on inside. I'd say that a lot of people think about the external aspects of life. I.e. Sales, finding a job, going to the gym, etc... but not enough time making sure their mental belief and internal state is good. What good is going to the gym, dieting, or working hard towards a goal if all it takes is one small negative thing that impacts you to break it all?

Make sure your internal is right--your emotions and beliefs. Have it up to the point where even if external things go wrong you can say," okay this bad thing happened, but you know what, I can get through it... It's temporary..."

What're you doing about it?
Don't just be all talk. A good point brought up was that people were complaining they didn't have enough time to do something. Now people don't have that excuse. But do you want to know what's really stomach-turning?

People now have all this time at home to do something... read, educating and or growing in a new skill, making videos, etc... but they're not doing any of it? Instead, they're sleeping, relaxing, watching netflix, eating ice cream, etc... Not that any of that's wrong. But if you're !!!complaining!!! but you're still doing these things, that's an issue. You have all this time and you have some goals... What're you going to do about it???

How much more are people reliant on e-commerce now than 90 days ago?
C0VlD-19 has accelerated or has better shown the need of technology and e-commerce. It has shown a light on where the future is going and has opened many more opportunities! Don't see all of this as a negative instead, see it as many opportunities. How can you connect the internet and e-commerce to traditional businesses? How can you innovate?

I'll end this message with a Bruce Lee quote with the Ray Dalio Principles .gif.

“Do not pray for an easy life, pray for the strength to endure a difficult one”
― Bruce Lee

Both David and Stephen have gone through the trenches. They went to the lowest of the lows, but by going through all that and not giving up... They've become better and stronger people. Don't pray for an easy life, pray that you go through things and become a better person through it all.

Thank you for this week's episode David and Stephen!

Attachments

• 1589817775838.png
    1589817775838.png
    135.9 KB · Views: 2

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
View attachment 33019
You shouldn't let things happening in the external impact your internal.
What I got out of this is that we have to keep our internal checked. If our mental game is weak then how can we expect to beat what's going on inside. I'd say that a lot of people think about the external aspects of life. I.e. Sales, finding a job, going to the gym, etc... but not enough time making sure their mental belief and internal state is good. What good is going to the gym, dieting, or working hard towards a goal if all it takes is one small negative thing that impacts you to break it all?

Make sure your internal is right--your emotions and beliefs. Have it up to the point where even if external things go wrong you can say," okay this bad thing happened, but you know what, I can get through it... It's temporary..."

What're you doing about it?
Don't just be all talk. A good point brought up was that people were complaining they didn't have enough time to do something. Now people don't have that excuse. But do you want to know what's really stomach-turning?

People now have all this time at home to do something... read, educating and or growing in a new skill, making videos, etc... but they're not doing any of it? Instead, they're sleeping, relaxing, watching netflix, eating ice cream, etc... Not that any of that's wrong. But if you're !!!complaining!!! but you're still doing these things, that's an issue. You have all this time and you have some goals... What're you going to do about it???

How much more are people reliant on e-commerce now than 90 days ago?
C0VlD-19 has accelerated or has better shown the need of technology and e-commerce. It has shown a light on where the future is going and has opened many more opportunities! Don't see all of this as a negative instead, see it as many opportunities. How can you connect the internet and e-commerce to traditional businesses? How can you innovate?

I'll end this message with a Bruce Lee quote with the Ray Dalio Principles .gif.

“Do not pray for an easy life, pray for the strength to endure a difficult one”
― Bruce Lee

Both David and Stephen have gone through the trenches. They went to the lowest of the lows, but by going through all that and not giving up... They've become better and stronger people. Don't pray for an easy life, pray that you go through things and become a better person through it all.

Thank you for this week's episode David and Stephen!
The reason why your recap kicks a$$ is because you have already internalized what Stephen talked about, and used it as a springboard or launching point. It's not enough to listen and like something when a guy like Steve speaks. It's what do you DO with it that counts. Steve didn't do the show to entertain you. He did the show to encourage you and/or give you a kick in the a$$.

And your recap shows he effectively hit the target. Awesome. Excellent. Excited for you. Your comprehension is exactly what we were going for.

amp0193

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
443%
May 27, 2013
United States
Give me your takeaways from the show with @Kung Fu Steve

Successful people aren’t focused on the problem. They’re focused on what they are going to do about.

Lots of opportunity right now for those who pivot existing business or have enough foresight to start a new business to solve problems that didn’t exist 45 days ago.

Worst day can make you tougher and give you the lessons learned to make your best day possible in the future.

If there’s one thing I learned from How I Built This, it’s that every single Entrprenuer went through intense challenging times before finding success.

MoneyDoc

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
273%
Jun 24, 2014
Just finished the podcast.

Loved it!

The worst day statement really hit home for me.

My worst day was 2 years ago. Gambling problem. Maxed out credit cards. Overdraft. Not a single penny to my name (facts). -$500 checking account. Obese.

I looked in the mirror, I was disgusted. What have I become? I was such a happy kid growing up. Smart. High grades. Wanted to be a doctor. Now look at me. I'm betting $20 on Russian soccer teams I've never heard of because I can't stop the urge.

That was the turning point for me. Enough was enough. The rest is history.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
Just finished the podcast.

Loved it!

The worst day statement really hit home for me.

My worst day was 2 years ago. Gambling problem. Maxed out credit cards. Overdraft. Not a single penny to my name (facts). -$500 checking account. Obese.

I looked in the mirror, I was disgusted. What have I become? I was such a happy kid growing up. Smart. High grades. Wanted to be a doctor. Now look at me. I'm betting $20 on Russian soccer teams I've never heard of because I can't stop the urge.

That was the turning point for me. Enough was enough. The rest is history.

Takes courage and self realization to even write that. I’m cheering for you.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
Successful people aren’t focused on the problem. They’re focused on what they are going to do about.

Lots of opportunity right now for those who pivot existing business or have enough foresight to start a new business to solve problems that didn’t exist 45 days ago.

Worst day can make you tougher and give you the lessons learned to make your best day possible in the future.

If there’s one thing I learned from How I Built This, it’s that every single Entrprenuer went through intense challenging times before finding success.

Saw this today on Elon Musk.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
So you know that this Saturday is the Walmart episode.

By popular opinion (and maybe against my better judgment) the following week the guest on the Mind Your Business Show will be...

@Kak himself (by popular request).

It will be a freewheeling discussion, covering a myriad of topics. Kyle and I talk regularly, and we'll have to work on a profanity filter for this (do I have a dump button?)

You can sit in like a fireside chat as we go through a bunch of topics. We'll talk about life, marriage, entrepreneurs, I will get Kyle to tell me about some key advice from his Dad, the economy in a post Covid era, his KILL BIGGER coaching program, and a few other random topics I will spring on him. We're doing it unfiltered and without a net. It will certainly be longer than my planned half hour.

Will I bring up the time he broke us through an airport car turnstile in a rental car? Will he talk about the time he stole his own merchandise from UPS? How about the time he gave @JAJT an Opus X Cigar at my house and made Jason sick? What business(es) is Kyle working on now? What business(es) does he think WE should be working on?

It's sure to be entertaining. I will need some advil. Tune in a week from Saturday to hear @Kak on the Mind Your Business Radio Show.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
So you know that this Saturday is the Walmart episode.

By popular opinion (and maybe against my better judgment) the following week the guest on the Mind Your Business Show will be...

@Kak himself (by popular request).

It will be a freewheeling discussion, covering a myriad of topics. Kyle and I talk regularly, and we'll have to work on a profanity filter for this (do I have a dump button?)

You can sit in like a fireside chat as we go through a bunch of topics. We'll talk about life, marriage, entrepreneurs, I will get Kyle to tell me about some key advice from his Dad, the economy in a post Covid era, his KILL BIGGER coaching program, and a few other random topics I will spring on him. We're doing it unfiltered and without a net. It will certainly be longer than my planned half hour.

Will I bring up the time he broke us through an airport car turnstile in a rental car? Will he talk about the time he stole his own merchandise from UPS? How about the time he gave @JAJT an Opus X Cigar at my house and made Jason sick? What business(es) is Kyle working on now? What business(es) does he think WE should be working on?

It's sure to be entertaining. I will need some advil. Tune in a week from Saturday to hear @Kak on the Mind Your Business Radio Show.

Did you guys know I was going to be on Dave's show on that Saturday until you read his post?

Neither did I...

LOL! I guess I am looking forward to it now. :eek: :rofl:

amp0193

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
443%
May 27, 2013
United States
Saw this today on Elon Musk.

Nothing motivates me more than someone telling me I can't do something.

Being fired from my own company would light a bonfire under my a$$.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
Did you guys know I was going to be on Dave's show on that Saturday until you read his post?

Neither did I...

LOL! I guess I am looking forward to it now. :eek: :rofl:
You are damn lucky we have the Signal text messages set to auto destruct.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
Nothing motivates me more than someone telling me I can't do something.

Being fired from my own company would light a bonfire under my a$$.

<----- got fired from his own company

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.